Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Unless I am mistaken there isn't a demo for that RAD Survivor anymore. Or at least clicking on the steampage for the Demo lists no demo and just the option to wishlist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Oh I am on the beta branch, that explains why I had an update to download. Will have to try it out once I get back from work.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
You can move, and rotate, the characters if you set the controls to Twin Stick. But I have not found the controller able to do anything else. That said I only played the demo.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Tried the web version, not thrilled with the controls, and no idea how different the Steam version will be. You play as the boss who has no weapons, and you pick other characters to bring with you every time you level. And yes all the characters seem to be women. And seem to be horny for each other. On the web version when you are going to select your mission you can press left to see the possible recruits, or press to the right to get a little skit between two of the characters.

Hmm on second thought some of the recruits seem like they may be men, but the little skits suggest that it is an all woman organization. Mostly women the boss finds attractive.

Pictures from the Steam version looks like the boss might get a weapon, that you might be able to build a character, that you might be able to play as one of the other characters, that you might be able to get into a gigantic boss fight. None of which seem to be in the web version. Pictures still suggest you might have the boss with a bunch of companions in place of weapons.

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Jan 16, 2024

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Seems you can now change your leader. Also there are synergies. If you go for the fish girl and her four-eyed red girlfriend they are a synergy. Or the dwarf and the half--elf. Plant Pals, the radish lady with an aura of increased damage, rue the gardener with a water can and the uh root vegetable with a gun.

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Jan 16, 2024

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Looks like DRG:S has a new patch, a number of changes but the biggest seems to be a big change to status effect damage. Looks like it now deals damage twice as fast, though the stacks fall off twice as fast as well. Hopefully this, and the actual change to the flamethrower, will make the Flamethrower/Interrogator builds better.

Speaking of Interrogator is it possible to get four beams like the flametrhower, cryo beam and sludge pump? I have a few weapons that I haven't unlocked yet but even with the beams not all of them seem to be an option for the Interrogator.

I really wish it was possible to build themed builds better, like the above all beams build, or an all drone build, or all turret.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
DRG:S Is there some kind of debuff or something to move speed? I am playing the Scout right now and yes I took the artifact for the -15% move speed but since I had like 40% move speed I should still be positive, but then all of a sudden I am at -75% move speed for some reason.

EDIT: Looking on Steam Forums it looks like people suspect it is some kind of interaction between the Barlby Juice and the Armor Grease. Pretty sure I had the juice, not sure if I had the armor grease.

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Feb 28, 2024

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
I currently have some sort of X-box style controller plugged into my computer and use that for most VS style games,, including Holocure. So long as the game has controller support, some of these games don't or don't have very good controller support.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Awesome! posted:

i like frogs but not farming so much so im not sure about that one

So from what I have watched one video of it, and what little I played of it, the "farming" is just moving near your plot of land to plant/water/harvest your weapons/experience, the seeds of which you buy at the shop at the start of each day. A day being about a minute. Fishing is just moving near a fishing spot on your pond. Mining just involves being near some ore. Various upgrades improve your hit points, damage, cool down, area, mining/fishing/planting speeds or yield. Weapons are purchased as seeds at the shop, you can sometimes buy pets at the shop, other seeds grant xp when harvested. I think mining and fishing might give xp as well.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Not sure if I accidentally grabbed a different weapon on the Pyromancer than usual but I had a Lightning Field instead of Combustion. That said I finally had an all Aura playthrough, also finally finished the snow level at rank 5 to unlock the Death Knight. Also I got a bunch of upgrades in the run this time that I have never seen before, including increasing how much burn does and increasing the frequency of burn ticking and some that makes it so when you use a fire skill you have a chance to use nature skills.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Awesome! posted:

the hint for unlocking the new character is very obvious and i instantly knew what to do from reading it so that was nice. his gimmick is everything is random like missing but you choose the random bits at level ups instead of the whole constellation just being randomly generated at the start. more like making a build in VS itself. not super exciting but its ok i guess. kind of crappy at the very beginning because you have zero rerolls or bans without some levels in his perk tree.

the perk trees overall seem fine. they arent giga-powerful but there is some nice, noticeable stuff beyond % increases in most of them.

im so used to playing the game without dashing that i kind of forget it was there most of the time. it works i guess. feels like the game has been designed without it so its not really necessary but its there if you want it.

Another thing to note is the points you gain upon leveling up can't be used to increase the level of relics, nor can you freely use Ascension crystals. Ascension options show up as you level if you have Ascension crystals, but that might not be useful if you were trying to save them for an ability you didn't have yet. This also means you can freely use the points for stuff in the level, including purchasing new relics, or converting to gold in the shop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Deep Rock Survivor. First day of playing this update and I found a Huuli Hoarder every run. Today I have yet to find a single one.