Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
https://twitter.com/statmuse/status/1488218054064361473?s=20&t=CSDG5W3k9yiMn3D8Wob0vg

Here are the current standings of the NBA, in February.

I bet that some cool and good games will happen this month as well. Here are your friend BBs best games of the month.

Thursday Feb 3rd: Bulls VS Raptors, Suns VS Hawks
Friday Feb 4th: Cavs VS Hornets
Sunday Feb 6th: Nets VS Nuggets
Tuesday Feb 8th: Suns VS 76ers
Thursday Feb 10th: Bucks VS Suns (first meeting of the season)
Saturday Feb 12th: Grizzlies VS Hornets, Cavs VS 76ers, Nets VS Heat, this day is fuckin stacked with eleven games.

Ok you get the idea. Allstar game is this month too. It usually sucks and so does the slam dunk contest but Rising Stars should be dope. I got nothing else for you. Talk about hoopers, ballers, and if you must, the Philadelphia 76ers.

https://twitter.com/Suns/status/1488744267497414660?s=20&t=CSDG5W3k9yiMn3D8Wob0vg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Consider checking out Rick’s trade deadline thread also.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3992475

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Also if any of my Suns friends are in the market for a new avatar I would happily volunteer the raw materials needed below.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Bulls Status: Still Back

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
cavs

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Hello all I'm hearing Cavs

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Booker has been unbelievable since the Dino. It made him play defense, even, sometimes.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
First game for Jerami grant in a few weeks, the pistons lose, and Cade gets hurt.

Please take him away from Detroit. I'd accept Denver's first round pick, a future second, and salary filler

Chicago, well has to be pat williams, or ayo ( don't kill me, just kidding )

Lakers- 2055,2056, and 2058 first round picks

Knicks- Kemba Walker and ny gets detroit's next 4 first round picks

Blazers- Nas Little and protected pick

But seriously, anything better than like the 18th pick in the draft. A big who can roll and catch lobs on pnr would be great, even if he's just a 15mpg guy

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I don't think there's a team in the league that Grant would be a better fit for than the Lakers but the NBA Central report that he doesn't want to be a third option and hates LeBron and AD and wants to personally set their homes ablaze and log on to their Final Fantasy XIV accounts and sell their homes (which I've heard is bad) there too seems like it would make the trade pretty unlikely even if the Lakers had better to offer. Him as a rich man's Markieff Morris would really fix most thing's broken with the Lakers. Would make next year absolutely brutal with even more league minimum players but it could maybe turn around this year.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Rick posted:

I don't think there's a team in the league that Grant would be a better fit for than the Lakers but the NBA Central report that he doesn't want to be a third option and hates LeBron and AD and wants to personally set their homes ablaze and log on to their Final Fantasy XIV accounts and sell their homes (which I've heard is bad) there too seems like it would make the trade pretty unlikely even if the Lakers had better to offer. Him as a rich man's Markieff Morris would really fix most thing's broken with the Lakers. Would make next year absolutely brutal with even more league minimum players but it could maybe turn around this year.

What if they traded him for LBJ and AD, then that issue would be solved

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Ff14 housing is so bad that a lottery system to buy a plot is considered a massive improvement

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

Man the Suns are just a fun team to watch. Really good ball movement.
Also re: the Nick Nurse meme coach discussion. I know he tries a lot of unorthodox poo poo but a lot of it seems to work and is pretty good.
The inbounds play he designed last night that led to the last bucket that sealed the game for the Raps was pretty good.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Rick posted:

Booker has been unbelievable since the Dino. It made him play defense, even, sometimes.
Also when he made the dino move, he actually had made the first FT and then made the second. Sometimes overlooked.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I know lots of y'all are annoyed by CP3 but man I'd like it lots if my boys the Suns could run it back and actually win it all this year. When CP3 went to the Thunder I'd resigned myself to believing he'd never get farther than he did in Houston.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pre-emptively getting mad about Towns being left off the All Star Team tomorrow

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

IcePhoenix posted:

Pre-emptively getting mad about Towns being left off the All Star Team tomorrow
To answer your question from the previous thread, ballsack.com posts frivolous rumors and seems to be junk, but nobody had ever heard of them until Daryl Morey said, out loud, "I implore you not to listen to ballsack.com"

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Fast Luck posted:

To answer your question from the previous thread, ballsack.com posts frivolous rumors and seems to be junk, but nobody had ever heard of them until Daryl Morey said, out loud, "I implore you not to listen to ballsack.com"

That rules. I was mostly just assuming they're satire because LeBron played and dominated in the NBA during the entirety of Josh Smith's career.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

That rules. I was mostly just assuming they're satire because LeBron played and dominated in the NBA during the entirety of Josh Smith's career.

I feel like this is the second time in a month that some old player claimed LeBron was too soft to play in his era - notwithstanding that his career and Lebron's overlapped and Lebron was amazing from the outset. Can't find the other one. While searching for it I came across a quote from MJ where even he agrees that Lebron would have made it just fine during Jordan's prime.
https://thesportsrush.com/nba-news-...him-in-the-90s/

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The byline on the Josh Smith thing was Gary Sheffield Jr. I think it's a satire site run by Clay Travis's operation.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
i was just reading an article about this

https://defector.com/gary-sheffields-dumb-son-writes-article-citing-fake-josh-smith-quote-from-ballsack-sports/

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Oh he wrote the piece picking up that story for Outkick? lmao

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/MattBrooksNBA/status/1488756609073487876

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
The best memory I ever had of Josh Smith was him ending Lob City with a barrage of step back 3s.

That was Josh Smith in a quarter of basketball right there.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Panzeh posted:

The best memory I ever had of Josh Smith was him ending Lob City with a barrage of step back 3s.

That was Josh Smith in a quarter of basketball right there.

My favorite part about this post, and Josh Smith, is that you can't be sure which team he was actually playing for based off this statement and yet both sides could be correct.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

IcePhoenix posted:

My favorite part about this post, and Josh Smith, is that you can't be sure which team he was actually playing for based off this statement and yet both sides could be correct.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Please tell me there’s video of this.

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

This can’t be real

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/nickfriedell/status/1488760798440669184?s=21

Lmfao

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

I WONDER WHY KYRIE

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies
Self-awareness running catastrophically low on the Nets this season.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Please tell me there’s video of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Raz83KbtJTU&t=110s

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Makes sense in context. Matt brooks cherry picked that quote and I’m disappointed

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

How unusual is is that the East is really compact this year

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
It's a mild bummer that Josh Smith's legacy is all those threes when his legacy could/should have been all those vicious tomahawk dunks. His throwdowns always seemed so retaliatory to me, massive chip-on-the-shoulder vibes like Westbrook

E: Smith shot .285 on 3s, putting him 347rd out of 349 players who put up >1500 3PA in career. Also Barkley's .266 on over 2000 3PA puts him dead last and it isn't particularly close.

rivetz fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Feb 2, 2022

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

that certainly would be a trade

quote:

The Celtics recently explored a deal with the Timberwolves that would have sent veteran wing Josh Richardson and "one of either Romeo Langford (or) Aaron Nesmith" to Minnesota in return for guard Malik Beasley, The Athletic's Jared Weiss and Jon Krawczynski reported Wednesday.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I'm so fuckin tired of Kobe worship, and it's only gotten worse post mortem, and it's only gonna get worse forever. Just the corniest most poisonous poo poo for an overrated selfish player who was also a loving sociopathic rapist whose legal counsel did everything in their power to destroy/smear his victim's life

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

its gonna be a real bummer when nyc relaxes its vaccine requirements and kyrie wins via stubbornness.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I'm so fuckin tired of Kobe worship, and it's only gotten worse post mortem, and it's only gonna get worse forever. Just the corniest most poisonous poo poo for an overrated selfish player who was also a loving sociopathic rapist whose legal counsel did everything in their power to destroy/smear his victim's life

if it makes you feel any better, he's dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

Punkin Spunkin posted:

The NBA can't even blacklist Karl Malone (or address slavery in its supply chains, but that's a different matter altogether). Kobe hagiography will continue as long as there's a market for it. As the face of the league's most popular team for over a decade, the market is unlikely to abate soon. The best way to erase his legacy will be, sadly, for the Lakers to have a huge period of dominance under a new star.

Truly a cursed situation.