Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I am excited as gently caress for this game but I will likely not play until I claim the elden ring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I watched a review and how in the actual gently caress did someone think it was a good idea to have single-file rolling starts in career mode races. The reviewer showed an example that was particularly ridiculous where the car at the start of the line was already about a third of a way around a lap by the time you even cross the starting line. Oh you always start at the very back btw.

Like seriously, what the gently caress?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I just need the career mode to be like GT Sport, but you know... bigger. Ideally with difficulty settings would be really nice. But it sounds like PD still hasn't adopted that one really nice feature from Forza.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Signing up for my first carpg. Usually a big fan of games like the Dirt Rally series, totally bounced of Horizon, that just felt like a racing game with adhd and the aesthetic was like corn syrup, very keen...
https://twitter.com/jeffgerstmann/status/1499125480095502337

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
The time between when the game comes out and my PS5 arrives is going to be torture. The time between that and the wheel arriving are going to be interesting too.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

wish I had a PS5 for this particular game

do you still have start with a Miata or something and race in the Clubman Cup? I miss that from the PS2 days

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Is this coming out midnight ET tomorrow?

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Wiltsghost posted:

Is this coming out midnight ET tomorrow?

My preload says about 15 hours until release which is midday Friday Australian Eastern.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

For those playing already with early copies, how are you doing with getting through the first 10 - 15 hours? I was reading today from the reviews, that this is a major hurdle. All of the game is locked away and slowly becomes available as you play. I don't like the sound of that, but am keeping in mind that it's only a temporary thing.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Yeah, I read somewhere that even 30 hours in not everything was unlocked.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd8b81ZSoyE

This review mentions that after every race, you are asked if you want to buy some credits on the PSN Store.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Frankston posted:

I watched a review and how in the actual gently caress did someone think it was a good idea to have single-file rolling starts in career mode races. The reviewer showed an example that was particularly ridiculous where the car at the start of the line was already about a third of a way around a lap by the time you even cross the starting line. Oh you always start at the very back btw.

Like seriously, what the gently caress?

welcome to Gran Turismo single-player races, they've been doing that since at least GT4.

crackhaed
Jan 18, 2005

From out of the basement,
a man doth emerge,
sweat on his brow,
for Efron the urge.

I said come in! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd8b81ZSoyE

This review mentions that after every race, you are asked if you want to buy some credits on the PSN Store.
That has not been my experience.

crackhaed
Jan 18, 2005

a man doth emerge,
sweat on his brow,
for Efron the urge.

Guys why does Rupert only sell catalytic converters now?

aperfectcirclefan
Nov 21, 2021

by Hand Knit

crackhaed posted:

Guys why does Rupert only sell catalytic converters now?

Lmao

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Paracausal posted:

My preload says about 15 hours until release which is midday Friday Australian Eastern.

I can't count, it's midnight, so 10 hours from now. Keen.

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

I'm getting a PS5 tomorrow and didn't realize until today that GT7 comes out this week. I haven't played a GT game since 6 and it was kinda underwhelming so I didn't go hard in it but I have many great memories of GT5 weekly goon races. Looking forward to bringing my garage of poo poo brown sports cars to the track.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

24 hours until release in America. :f5:

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Initial reviews sound pretty positive so far and will be amazing not having long load times like old GT games were.

I Might Be Adam posted:

I'm getting a PS5 tomorrow and didn't realize until today that GT7 comes out this week. I haven't played a GT game since 6 and it was kinda underwhelming so I didn't go hard in it but I have many great memories of GT5 weekly goon races. Looking forward to bringing my garage of poo poo brown sports cars to the track.

I think I have a playlist on youtube of Yuns videos of some of those races... ah drat well I did but the videos are gone... oh well. If my schedule is open I'll see if I can get in some races, and good to see a couple familiar goons from those days still in this thread. I'll always remember nurburgring at night in go-karts where we're just following the track line assist everywhere..

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Yeah I'll definitely come back and embarrass myself in some races

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

If y'all need someone to come in last place every race I'll join a goon group or whatever

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

aperfectcirclefan posted:

Is NASCAR in this game?

They have the Daytona speedway and you can set races to a max of 200 laps so essentially yes, but I’m now sure if the actual cars will be in the game. The penalty system in sport made bump drafting hard to do without getting either you or the person you bumped a penalty so it remains to be seen how well you could recreate the experience. Although, with how pit stops are handled in this game and the lack of safety cars it would be hard to get the full experience.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
it's time for the Real Driving Simulator.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I'm excited to play this game once the stock gods decree me worthy of a PS5.

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!
I feel stupid for having to ask this, but how do you pre-load a game from the PS App? When I bought the game, it said I could use the app to initiate the download, but in the game page I don’t see an option for it. I’m pretty sure I have done this before, and other games in my library (that are not preloads) have a “Download to Console” button.

I can kick it off when I get home tonight but the PS store is dodgy sometimes, I’d rather get it going now.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

The Pirate Captain posted:

I feel stupid for having to ask this, but how do you pre-load a game from the PS App? When I bought the game, it said I could use the app to initiate the download, but in the game page I don’t see an option for it. I’m pretty sure I have done this before, and other games in my library (that are not preloads) have a “Download to Console” button.

I can kick it off when I get home tonight but the PS store is dodgy sometimes, I’d rather get it going now.

You might be looking at the bundle page? PSN store pages are weird sometimes if a game has preorder stuff or other editions and I've had this confusion. Go to the store page for it and if you can, tap where it says "Game Bundle: [whatever] Edition" and the release date, then tap the version you want at the top, it'll be labeled under the heading "in library" and you should have an option to download from there.

crackhaed
Jan 18, 2005

a man doth emerge,
sweat on his brow,
for Efron the urge.

Stare-Out posted:

Does it have gyro steering?
I tried this out. It works really well! Minor inputs/corrections sure feel easier and more like a wheel. I’m sure you’d get used to it, but I did find I had some issues breaking in a straight line because I wasn’t holding it perfectly still.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
*edit - nm I didn't read closely enough!

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!
Thanks for that, I followed the instructions but no luck unfortunately. Here’s the weird thing - If I select the PS4 edition, the download to console button appears, but not when I choose the PS5 version. And it says right there, “Linked console: PS5” so it’s not like it’s talking to the wrong system. Eh, oh well, I’ll just do it tonight.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

I had that issue too when I pre-ordered that couldn't find the download button and had to jump on the PS5 and do it from there.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

crackhaed posted:

I tried this out. It works really well! Minor inputs/corrections sure feel easier and more like a wheel. I’m sure you’d get used to it, but I did find I had some issues breaking in a straight line because I wasn’t holding it perfectly still.

For playing GTS in VR it was my preferred way to play since I don't own a wheel. Good to know it's back and works well still.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Kirios posted:

I’m still trying to figure out how you spoil a racing game.

by giving a thorough analysis of the gran turismo 10 minute intro movie of course

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULfjoCqEo6I here is the intro video. It is basically a remake of the GT5 intro, which is a good thing!

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Goes on a bit don't it?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Stare-Out posted:

Goes on a bit don't it?

I plan on watching it every morning and doing the moves along with the cars, making whooshing sounds etc.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

StormDrain posted:

I plan on watching it every morning and doing the moves along with the cars, making whooshing sounds etc.

:lol: First time this gag has made me laugh.

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

Stare-Out posted:

Goes on a bit don't it?

it's gran turismo, i think they all do. i'm pretty sure one of them had like a 10 minute long documentary following a single GT-R being manufactured as the intro movie

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Dr. Chainsaws PhD posted:

it's gran turismo, i think they all do. i'm pretty sure one of them had like a 10 minute long documentary following a single GT-R being manufactured as the intro movie

I've seen them all and surely that one is the longest one? I like it up until the gameplay stuff starts but that part goes on for too long. I know, kind of a meaningless complaint but I still prefer GT4's intro over all others.

And GT1 because Manic Street Preachers hell yeah.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

I said come in! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULfjoCqEo6I here is the intro video. It is basically a remake of the GT5 intro, which is a good thing!

It's perfect and now I'm hoping they add the moon in at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dr. Chainsaws PhD posted:

Gran Turismo 5! And then it followed it up with a song by My Chemical Romance :lol: PD went so hard on the marketing for GT5, and then never did that again.