Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I missed regulation of his game. Coming home to immediate live OTs is very nice.

:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Holy poo poo.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Some bad beats for Rutgers past couple years.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
That is a disgusting game that they blew about 17 times. It's hard to win a game with zero bench points.

https://twitter.com/david_j_roth/status/1504308874945384455

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Mar 17, 2022

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Kirios posted:

Guys literally my favorite time of year starts tomorrow and I cannot be more excited.

It's true. Thursday and Friday are the best two days in sports.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I've never cared about college basketball before, this is the first year I've done a bracket and am going to watch games on purpose. I still loving hate Duke, I have for years, and I don't know why.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Dracula Factory posted:

I've never cared about college basketball before, this is the first year I've done a bracket and am going to watch games on purpose. I still loving hate Duke, I have for years, and I don't know why.

It's the natural way of things. Most people are born hating Duke basketball and Notre Dame football. It's instinct.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Dracula Factory posted:

My recommendation: your bracket will be busted. Most likely on day 1. Don't hold that to heart, enjoy the ride.

First weekend is incredible. 2nd weekend is aight if any Cinderellas survive/your team or chosen 2nd teams make it.

3rd weekend is only for watching if your team makes the final 4.

We all hope to be watching a Monday game, but most years it's someone detestable like Baylor or a blue blood like Kansas, Duke, UNC, or Kentucky. Some years it's a new blood like TTU, Gonzaga, or Virginia, and that's pretty cool.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

It's the natural way of things. Most people are born hating Duke basketball and Notre Dame football. It's instinct.

I live in MI so the trifecta of annoying OSU fans, UM fans, and ND fans makes any CFB talk around here supremely irritating. I hate all of them too, but for tangible reasons. I picked my bracket almost entirely on basic prejudices and MSU is the only team in the tournament I know I like, so I picked them for the final cause why not. If my bracket is anything but totally hosed up I will laugh and lord it over the guys who pore over stats.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

kayakyakr posted:

We all hope to be watching a Monday game, but most years it's someone detestable like Baylor or a blue blood like Kansas, Duke, UNC, or Kentucky. Some years it's a new blood like TTU, Gonzaga, or Virginia, and that's pretty cool.

what

Not debating the detestable part, just debating the "gets far in the tourney" part.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
I will pull against my bracket picks if it means a cool upset will happen (unless it's my team getting upset). These next 4 days are just really fun basketball, and I'm still working at home which makes it even better.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Probably Magic posted:

what

Not debating the detestable part, just debating the "gets far in the tourney" part.

I started watching college basketball with regularity in 2004, so I was still young and impressionable in 2008.

Also, they've been to the final 4 15 times, so they have been known to do well.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'm so glad Purdue isn't day 1

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

:razorback2: are set to play the Zags in the sweet 16

I might be dumb enough to have hope that they can win that game anywhere outside of Bud Walton Arena

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

kayakyakr posted:

I started watching college basketball with regularity in 2004, so I was still young and impressionable in 2008.

Also, they've been to the final 4 15 times, so they have been known to do well.

I'm just joking about how often we choke. Honestly more excited for your team than mine this year. You are a TT fan, right?

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

It is the basketball day.

Smashlampjaw
Aug 16, 2008
Let's go not Duke

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Probably Magic posted:

I'm just joking about how often we choke. Honestly more excited for your team than mine this year. You are a TT fan, right?

Yup.

I do think that the Big XII is going to start doing better and better in the tournament as a whole because of how big a focus on defense there is league-wide. Even Kansas has started to play better defense. That generally leads to deeper tournament runs than offense-only teams (and is why, I think, that Kansas has such disappointing tournament appearances)

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Michigan is so loving awful.

It's like watching a JV team.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Regnevelc posted:

Michigan is so loving awful.

It's like watching a JV team.

I'd like to think that it's because Jones is out, but it seems like every single player has forgotten how to execute a pass

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

facialimpediment posted:

I'd like to think that it's because Jones is out, but it seems like every single player has forgotten how to execute a pass

And shoot

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

This game is reminding me of two things:

* How good Colorado State has been all year.
* How bad Michigan has been all year.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Would be nice if they'd call a foul on Roddy.

I've seen two pushes and an elbow gone uncalled. And two of those plays were "fouls" on Michigan.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
lol eat poo poo Michigan

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I've learned my lesson about predicting how games will end by how they start, but Michigan is not looking good.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Stupid meetings scheduled during March Madness

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Go rams

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

White dudes who will never play in this game getting stupidly hyped on the bench is the best part of the tournament.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
no idea how michigan is only down 7 after not making a 3 and playing like shitass from a butt

Edit: Michigan made zero jump shots

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Colorado State's letting them control the paint, which is a strategy I suppose. Dickinson's gonna drop 30.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Go Jackrabbits

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

The Glumslinger posted:

Stupid meetings scheduled during March Madness

One of the horrible things about writing about sports is that there are sports I have to see in person. Outside. At least I'll have my phone.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Providence just made the most ridiculous and lucky "layup" I've ever seen.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Kirios posted:

Colorado State's letting them control the paint, which is a strategy I suppose. Dickinson's gonna drop 30.

Won't matter because of all the boneheaded passes making turnovers, clanked 3s, and double-teams leading to more Michigan turnovers. If Colorado State shoots their average, they win. Michigan's defense and shooting has been atrocious.

https://twitter.com/BucketProblem/status/1504506068113760261

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
holy moly

https://twitter.com/Efawcett7/status/1504505228774699008

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Providence definitely built up that lead right before halftime

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Wonderful discussion of eating disorders in the pre-game

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

lmao

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Michigan heating up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

A Power 5 team "upsetting" a mid major higher seed is the worst thing in the tournament.