Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

I cheered for Grayson Allen when it came down to it against KU and was sad that he lost, you're not shaming me here.

yikes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I'm glad that Saint Peter's finished closer than Miami.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1508221747983695880

How did I not know this

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Everyone on the Villanova Bandwagon

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

It used to be that only the winner of the ACC advanced to the NCAA tournament, so Duke and Carolina could never both be in the tournament to meet.

After the expansion, the selection committees have always seeded Duke and Carolina apart. I believe they actively avoid matching conference foes together early, so you would not see a #1 seed Duke in the same bracket as a #2 seed Carolina, usually.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

kiimo posted:

We have three championships in our history it's clear who to root for in that situation.

You really want K going out on top?

I’m really hoping UNC just finishes Duke so I don’t have to make a choice. I’m probably not watching the finals either way though.

Maybe if Kansas wins Self can just retire.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Grittybeard posted:

I cheered for Grayson Allen when it came down to it against KU and was sad that he lost, you're not shaming me here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p93w7MpbZRw

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I would root for Kentucky or Missouri over Duke, especially this year, not even much of a question.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

South Carolina-Creighton is a snuff film.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Fuckin what?

How?

Insane

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Glad I can just ignore the final four and do more productive things.

Go....Villanova I guess?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Probably Magic posted:

I would root for Kentucky or Missouri over Duke, especially this year, not even much of a question.

You, sir, do not have the soul of a dead rival.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Is there a way for all 4 teams to lose?

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

Jose Valasquez posted:

Is there a way for all 4 teams to lose?

I feel like UNC and Duke are going to fight like mad for the honor of being flattened by a healthy and unworried Kansas.

Villanova got injury troubles at the worst time.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

You, sir, do not have the soul of a dead rival.

My hatred for Missouri may be suspect since I'm not from Kansas per se, but trust me, my hatred for Kentucky is pure. It's just some things are more important than mere rivaldoms, like rodent--proofing the house.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
how in the world is this tied, stanford looks like crap

e: oh, that's how

Tayter Swift fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Mar 28, 2022

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Villanova would be...fine, I guess.

The other three can gently caress right off.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

Kirios posted:

Villanova would be...fine, I guess.

The other three can gently caress right off.

All three other teams have beaten UNC in big games before. For once we're the underdogs.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

i, uh, don't think wrists are supposed to bend like that

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Fudd has been an awesome player for UConn

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

lol @ geno being on the court

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
This game is fantastic

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
You have to call the foul there

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
GOOD GRAVY

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Bueckers gets buckets

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Double OT time, this game is absurd.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

14-0 second change points lol

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
I have no idea why NC State is calling timeout there

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Oh man UConn just worked them on that inbounds play

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
I thought Louisville was the weakest 1 seed, and as it turns out it doesn't matter what I think when they can just suffocate teams to death with their defense

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

If UConns third big can’t heal up soon, I don’t have hopes for them because I think she’s the best big they have on the team.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

marioinblack posted:

I thought Louisville was the weakest 1 seed, and as it turns out it doesn't matter what I think when they can just suffocate teams to death with their defense

Suffocating defense is South Carolina's calling card, so I'll be curious to see how this matchup goes. Really, really want a rematch with Stanford for the title (and of course the title itself, but I'm trying to take it one game at a time).

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit

RumbleFish posted:

Suffocating defense is South Carolina's calling card, so I'll be curious to see how this matchup goes. Really, really want a rematch with Stanford for the title (and of course the title itself, but I'm trying to take it one game at a time).

I think it's SC's to lose at this point. They just have to make enough shots. Boston is so dominant and Cunane being out means she will be a matchup nightmare fore the other 3 left.

But it's March, so who knows

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So some country music douchebag is suddenly cancelling a huge concert in Texas so he can go to the Duke/UNC game, and the number of people defending it (including Spencer Hall, whose work I think is great) is staggering to me.

Some people probably made travel plans months in advance for that poo poo and can't get the money back, not to mention the way local businesses will be impacted.

I think college sports fandom has passed me by at this point. Christ Almighty.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I don't know, man, it's UNC against Duke in Coach K's retirement year in the Final Four. If there was ever a game to go all out on....

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Foochs don't you live in NC? You know the super fans of this rivalry. Yeah an artist from NC is canceling for it.

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Mar 31, 2022

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
It's an unbelievable dick move lol

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
It's a dick move but a single concert where they spurs play. :shrug:

That's not exactly huge economic impact or anything.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ches Neckbeard posted:

It's a dick move but a single concert where they spurs play. :shrug:

That's not exactly huge economic impact or anything.

I'm not saying he's a war criminal I'm saying he's a gigantic douchebag flexing privilege in a way that offends whatever eat the rich sensibilities I have and I think defending a dick move like that on the basis of "tHe RiVaLRY" is kinda dumb. Maybe I'm just getting old or something.

Also yes I'm in NC but as long as we're using sports hate to justify poo poo, I also know what gigantic douchebags Walmart fans of UNC tend to be, of which he is also one.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Mar 31, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
this makes me want to root for Duke which actually does make Eric Church a war criminal