Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Eat My Fuc posted:

I missed the first half how was Sammy’s segment

they edited it to poo poo so it was bearable and you couldn't hear the boos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I wanted Yuta to win in a big shocker to really push him to the moon, but this is probably the better story option. Yuta's tough as hell, but he still has things to learn from this veterans. I wasn't expecting those kind of kickouts either. I read some spoilers, but drat they didn't do the kickouts or how goddamn much Yuta was bleeding over everything justice.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

fez_machine posted:

they edited it to poo poo so it was bearable and you couldn't hear the boos

That sucks, why were they booing? Must have been a crowd of incels on accident or something!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

That sucks, why were they booing? Must have been a crowd of incels on accident or something!

well they were in Boston

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Jonny Nox posted:

And THAT, my friends, is why you protect finishers.

yeah given that moxley has supposedly been a big proponent of protecting his finish even in WWE, I have to assume he really sees something great in Yuta to let him be the first to kick out of the high-angle death rider version

Eat My Fuc posted:

it was a crowd of wrestling fans, you can't really say it was an accident to have so many incels

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

I didn't like the kickout after the second PS but whatever. If Mox was cool with the booking then I am too

I think Brodie Lee kicked out of the high-angle PS before, so it's not quite as big a deal.

Still was pretty shocking in the moment though.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

oh did brodie kick out of it too? alright, that's still a hell of a list to be on

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i uh :pwn: what a loving match jesus christ

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

god i love how the whole combat club were like "maybe we should end this kid before he gets too powerful" and mox being in utter disbelief and kind of protecting himself in the corner even after winning.

holy poo poo aew rules

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

dromal phrenia posted:

oh did brodie kick out of it too? alright, that's still a hell of a list to be on

I said I think he did.

I don't actually know.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

GLOSS posted:

Photo I got of that table spot:

Never forget

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

If AEW isn't selling Blackpool Combat Club merch prominently featuring the letters BCC written in blood by the end of next week then I don't even know what their merchandise guys are being paid for.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Jonny Nox posted:

I think Brodie Lee kicked out of the high-angle PS before, so it's not quite as big a deal.

Still was pretty shocking in the moment though.

That would have been just fine as the finish. Also Yuta's hand should've been dropped 3 times.

But I get what they were trying to do and I'm one of those people that can't let go of video game stats in real life pro wrestling so I totally understand why I'm in the minority and anyway who the gently caress cares that match was super great and I'm really happy for Yuta. Mox just totally kickstarted his entire future. Not to take anything away from Yuta because I've always thought he was a really good wrestler but this rub is huge and he's gonna at the very least be a future TNT champ.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFwbpFJpQbg&t=37s

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy
It only occurred to me watching it, but I love how Yuta is getting the run I basically envisioned for Garcia, and Garcia's doing his own thing next to Jericho, and they both just work really well.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Gwen posted:

god i love how the whole combat club were like "maybe we should end this kid before he gets too powerful" and mox being in utter disbelief and kind of protecting himself in the corner even after winning.

holy poo poo aew rules

mox's look after the match was really great, it made me laugh but it was also perfect for the story. "what the HELL was that?!" personified. he's beaten yuta in like 10 seconds before!

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

dromal phrenia posted:

mox's look after the match was really great, it made me laugh but it was also perfect for the story. "what the HELL was that?!" personified. he's beaten yuta in like 10 seconds before!

Motherfucker looked the future dead in the eye and the future did not blink.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Jesus

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Elephant Ambush posted:

That would have been just fine as the finish. Also Yuta's hand should've been dropped 3 times.

I don't mind that they didn't do the hand drop. Like I can totally buy that there's times when the referee needs to do that to be sure, but also that the referee's job is to protect the competitors and sometimes they have to make the judgment of "this guy might die or suffer brain damage if I don't call it right drat now"

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

StarkRavingMad posted:

I don't mind that they didn't do the hand drop. Like I can totally buy that there's times when the referee needs to do that to be sure, but also that the referee's job is to protect the competitors and sometimes they have to make the judgment of "this guy might die or suffer brain damage if I don't call it right drat now"

Yeah thinking about it again AEW doesn't do the old 80s style stuff and I've seen more than one match where the ref just stops it MMA style and that's what they did there and it's fine I'm just old and some of that 80s WWF stuff still needs to get removed from my big dumb skull.

I'm definitely gonna go back and watch that match again. I didn't really like a lot of the outside the ring bonking around stuff but once that part was over and they got back in the ring they delivered hard and I'm really wondering just how far Yuta will end up going because of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

https://twitter.com/ShutUpExcalibur/status/1512629683325526016

https://twitter.com/ShutUpExcalibur/status/1512640973309841412