Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I know people who knew Chris Charlton before he got the NJPW gig and he hated El Desperado back then. Idk if he's changed his mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I know people who knew Chris Charlton before he got the NJPW gig and he hated El Desperado back then. Idk if he's changed his mind

Chris is a Suzuki-gun homer so I imagine he has

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

tbf, Desperado has changed a lot since then

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I mean, didn't Despy just drop the belt to Ishimori? I figured they wouldn't run that back so fast.

(I also found out BONE SOLDIER is apparently the oldest guy to ever be champ?)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

You know it's crazy to think just how good this BOSJ tournament was, considering we're still stuck with clap only crowds. The weird overly lit big convention center shows were a rough watch but so many matches and stories and feuds and setups for further angles came out of this, and some of the shows were just fantastic. The Korakuen triple shot was just fantastic all three days.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

3520 crowd today. Mutoh still the king of pandemic Budokan

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

This is why Despy was so determined to destroy Hiromu's knees today, they're trying to build their own Mutoh. That's why they did the 3rd night of Wrestle Kingdom, so they could beat the poo poo out of Kaito Kiyomiya since that seems to be a vital part of the process.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I'd say that's pretty good relatively speaking. Marginally less than the g1 final last year. Njpw has made solid gains in 2022 but a long long way to go.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Ace Austin attacked Alex Zayne backstage :negative:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

♪ Leave the memories alone..... ♪ :cry:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I bought a ticket to Dominion today and now I see Doc Gallows challenging Toru Yano to a singles match and I think that might be the worst money I've ever spent

https://twitter.com/njpw1972/status/1532705581416341504?t=Ayc93TQGFWBABZ7_RG8ffw&s=19

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Bullet Club 4 lyfe baby :cool:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

i was wondering when this happned. i only had time to watch the finals and semi main this morning and just watched the multiman they both were in with no turn moment,

finals owned btw relieved hiromiu can still bring it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
still catching up on BOSJ - I just finished TITAN/DOUKI and wanted to gush a little bit more about the latter, mainly to say that the DOUKI CHOKI is my favorite new (or reclaimed) submission in I don't know how long

I grin like an idiot every time he traps someone in it and it makes me really happy to see that the submission is so over that he can clinch it multiple times virtually every match he's in and the crowd always pops