Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Marshal Prolapse posted:

:lmao: some very weak rear end bitchmade comments. I have no clue how my mom and dad managed to avoid boomer brainworms, but reading those comments...I'm happy they did. Also my Dad is the guy who puts the Marine Flag out for Memorial Day and the 4th, but would also make fun of someone complaining about that post (and god help you if he detects you like Ted Cruz).

BORTAC kinda good(?)

issuing correction on a previous post of mine, regarding the terror group BORTAC. you do not, under any circumstances, "gotta hand it to them"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Truly, a :turboamerica:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
or as it turns out :blastu: :murica:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

bulletsponge13 posted:

What the hell is RRR?

As far as I can tell its a Bollywood movie about action heros throwing out british colonialism? Looks rad.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

bulletsponge13 posted:

I'm not saying put more guns in schools, but him running down his resume while ignoring that half trained assholes do the same loving job is huffing his own farts. You don't need all that training to respond or act in an Active Shooter. His whole post just gives the police the out they need to not act but get more money.

His thread wasn't about why the police were not able to engage, his thread was about how arming teachers is a terrible idea because CQB is hard. That's a good point to make?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Grip it and rip it posted:

It's hard to remember why I ever thought a Biden presidency would be better than it has been, but hell 2 years of an actual lame duck presidency probably won't be much worse.

Careening toward a cliff at 60mph is less preferable to sort of meandering toward it at 15

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
The Dems are going to celebrate when they lose the midterms and can fundraise harder

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I hate this meme because it's loving stupid. Yeah people love spending years of their lives running for office and raising money they can't spend on anything but running for office hoping that they will lose. Call most dems stupid, incompetent cowards all you want, but "actually they want to lose" is nonsensical.

You know a lot of them get a lot of wealth out of it right? Its not cash in hand, its stock options and social clout and perks. Rich people aren't after cash balance's, thats what makes them rich.

e; yes its a dumb meme but it isn't entirely false, the whole lanyard system is designed for 'bipartisanship' and 'decorum' and every 2nd best loser with the right family getting a fat job working through a lobby or an NGO. Those conditions don't make the people with the connections to run too motivated to fight to win as opposed to fight for a "win" for themselves regardless of the office. There are exceptions in the house, and probably even a few in the senate but it does not seem common.

M_Gargantua fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jun 5, 2022

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Please. Like there'll be cashiers in 2024.

Bulletproof self-checkout kiosks.

Warning, Carls Junior frown on vandalism. Warning, Carls Junior frowns on vandalism. Please step back, deploying tear gas. Please come back when you can afford to make a purchase

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
All season tires are a corporate scam even if you live in the tiny band of states where they would technically be fine.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

facialimpediment posted:

I'm currently on All-Seasons and I switch to Winters for the winter because lol they're terrible on a RWD car in snowy conditions. All-Seasons are only good up into light slush, anything worse than that and they might as well be racing slicks. On winters, I'd have to drive like a loving idiot to have any major trouble.

And conversely the improved ride quality and longevity of a proper summer touring tire over an all-season is something you can never give up once you've experienced it. All-season is a compromise on every front, somewhat mediocre to bad at everything.

Long term it costs more money. Splitting winter/summer tires on separate wheel sets means both sets last longer since the compounds are better fit for the thermal conditions. Like all-seasons may be good for 50k, a good summer tire is 80k, and a good winter tire will do 40k (the much softer compound is what gives you snow performance that actually works, but comes at the cost of overall tire life). Most people don't have the funds to buy a second full set of wheels and tires, nor storage to keep them in the off season. Its a very american problem where we're so car centric but the people who most need the car for commuting are often the same group who has to scrimp on upkeep to make ends meet.

e; Duzzy, being a tire scientist, will probably be way more on the ball with mileage guestimates.

M_Gargantua fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jun 13, 2022

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

When I start scouting for a claim, I'll make note of the availability of claims around me.

Thankfully the recession is about to murder RV prices, so I should be able to get a 30 footer next summer for cheap.

What is this "Claim" you speak of? The state has no power here, the only claim is that of freedom and strength of arm.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

ASAPI posted:

So how spicy is this weekend going to get?

People are going to absolutely lose their collective poo poo, on both sides. How bad is this going to get?

Not spicy, Liberals are incapable of spice. Its vanilla ice-cream all the way down.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Somebody preparing a very very important….fundraising call.

AOC at least is one of the few people who seem to be doing things, rather than just fundraising. Will time reveal that that is merely a front for a bigger grift? I don't think so but its always a possibility.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

FrozenVent posted:

Could we please not advocate / plan a military coup ITT?

Thanks.

We're not in the military, QED its more like the Bonus Army, which has precident.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

MrMojok posted:

They’d probably love to include condoms but they also prevent transmission of disease, so that’s unfortunately just a bridge too far.

According to their covid response disease is either a liberal hoax or a divine smiting of homosexuals

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

fknlo posted:

e: like I know this is one is the end goals but it seems like a bridge too far to smash that all in one go.

Whats stopping them?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
What i'm hearing there is "Legalize drugs as OTC, or recreational prescription"

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
This is just fluff, the chance at steak was on Jan 7th. Instead they think committees do anything useful.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

The Courts will never protect you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

BUG JUG posted:

Are we back in the cool zone?

No, unemployment is only 3.6% haven't you seen the recent numbers?

Sorry, but them's the rules

https://twitter.com/SeanRMoorhead/status/1248065386714558465?s=20&t=59lwRnbxjGI0FkzhvMBeKA