Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

fez_machine posted:

Yano vs Colt Cabana is one of his best matches and it's all weird cheating, essentially laid out as a mirror match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uATQ-fmduMQ

god this slaps comedy wrestling is one of the best things on gods green earth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

fez_machine posted:

Yano vs Colt Cabana is one of his best matches and it's all weird cheating, essentially laid out as a mirror match

I always loved basically any Kenny Omega/Yano match because Omega clearly enjoys all the comedy stuff

One of my favorites being when Yano piled up a bunch of turnbuckle pads in the center of the ring (Yano's weapon of choice) and then slammed Kenny onto them

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/eic630/toru_yanos_battle_plan_doesnt_work_quite_well_on/ (sorry for the reddit link but couldn't find a good video of it elsewhere)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Nea posted:

god this slaps comedy wrestling is one of the best things on gods green earth

I liked it in New Japan when Yano & Colt tagged together for World Tag League. That was wholesome

Also, in 2020 this happened: Colt Cabana & Toru Yano vs. Rock 'n' Roll Express (Ricky Morton & Robert Gibson)

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

I wound up having a minority opinion about an outcome I thought was completely obvious so this will be another case of letting my bias get the better of me.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

fez_machine posted:

lmao this is hilarious

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Yano's on the pape he's coming out after Mox wins the main and Mox does a 1 for 1 recreation of Steve Austin's reaction to Bret Hart entering the Royal Rumble

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

StarkRavingMad posted:

I always loved basically any Kenny Omega/Yano match because Omega clearly enjoys all the comedy stuff

One of my favorites being when Yano piled up a bunch of turnbuckle pads in the center of the ring (Yano's weapon of choice) and then slammed Kenny onto them

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/eic630/toru_yanos_battle_plan_doesnt_work_quite_well_on/ (sorry for the reddit link but couldn't find a good video of it elsewhere)

The powdered DVD case to start off the 2017 G1 match never fails to make me smile. The super-obvious set-up, the level of effort Yano puts into it, the fact that Kenny still falls for it. It's the best start to a match.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

the turnbuckle pad is a very funny weapon. Like i'm sure it's dense, but it's still a pad! Oh yano.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Nea posted:

the turnbuckle pad is a very funny weapon. Like i'm sure it's dense, but it's still a pad! Oh yano.

Here's my favorite spot of all time

E: Oh lol that's literally in the reddit link I didn't click for safety reasons. Well, it's better here anyway.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

IGgy IGsen posted:

E: Oh lol that's literally in the reddit link I didn't click for safety reasons. Well, it's better here anyway.

ahahaah christ this owns :allears:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

IGgy IGsen posted:

hangmans reaction is perfect

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

submitted. my dream match is Taichi vs “The American Dragon” Bryan Danielson.

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

I see someone has guessed Shibata as the mystery opponent and now that's all I want to happen!!

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

E: wrong thread

RandolphCarter fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jun 26, 2022

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Kaveman posted:

I see someone has guessed Shibata as the mystery opponent and now that's all I want to happen!!

Bryan met him at the "taking your brain out and putting it back in" clinic.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

RandolphCarter posted:

Looking at the card and trying to decide which match to skip so I can walk my dogs. Very hard choice. Thanks a lot Tony Khan. :argh:
your probably going to miss the least during the jericho/suzuki/sammy vs kingston/shooter/yooter match since they have blood and guts on wednesday anyway

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

STONE COLD 64 posted:

your probably going to miss the least during the jericho/suzuki/sammy vs kingston/shooter/yooter match since they have blood and guts on wednesday anyway

i wouldn't skip that one, gonna rule when Maki Itoh shows up to support Suzuki, and then I'll die when Lulu Pencil appears at Eddie's side

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Penguin Patrol posted:

i wouldn't skip that one, gonna rule when Maki Itoh shows up to support Suzuki, and then I'll die when Lulu Pencil appears at Eddie's side

Is there some rumor of this? Itoh was on a show in Fukuoka yesterday so unless she was rushed on a plane like they did Yuka it's a long shot

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

SG Bamboo posted:

Is there some rumor of this? Itoh was on a show in Fukuoka yesterday so unless she was rushed on a plane like they did Yuka it's a long shot

lol no, i'm just coming up with silly poo poo, but drat it would be cool

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Penguin Patrol posted:

lol no, i'm just coming up with silly poo poo, but drat it would be cool

It already is a Itoh Respect Army vs Pencil Army (?) proxy fight, I think it's too early to call them in anyway.

But it would be cool as hell

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i knew everyone would do well in this game so i tried to differentiate myself in order to pull out a win or wind up near the bottom. it backfired. but i'm content. i'd do it again

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I feel good about my performance this time.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Barry Bluejeams 87
Maigius 85
Procrastinator 85
Rarity 85
Fad 85
STONE COLD 64 85
Yaya 84
Purple Monkey 84
MJeff 84
Kevino07 83
Maerlyn 83

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FCX_BsWJoCwaeCMbQ3_DUYVRZJHI295uHhNOxzcoXI4/edit?usp=sharing

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Congrats Malcom
Excellent

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Whiffed on which match was opening and whiffed on Suzuki-Gun vs Swerve/Lee because they had been teasing a Swerve turn and I thought they were gonna go further on that tonight. Otherwise nailed it on everything, feeling good.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HOOKhausen (well half of them) was on the PPV (pre-show) :colbert:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rarity posted:

HOOKhausen (well half of them) was on the PPV (pre-show) :colbert:

drat if only I would have clarified in the OP to avoid a problem like this

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

IcePhoenix posted:

drat if only I would have clarified in the OP to avoid a problem like this

Can't blame me for trying to make up the 2 points keeping me from first place :argh:

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
Top 10 :confuoot:

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Way better than last time. One day I’ll crack the top ten. Thanks for running it IcePhoenix.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

... Wow! I did /dogshit/ this time.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Not too bad for my first shot!

No idea why I picked Hangman for the 4man tho, that was silly of me

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Serperoth posted:

No idea why I picked Hangman for the 4man tho, that was silly of me

Sometimes we just have to vote with our heart no matter how much our brain tells us not to

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Hey I did really badly but I predicted Tana to win and therefore I am the true winner because I believe in The Ace unlike you cowards who decided to go with what was more likely and :airquote: what actually happened :airquote:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

gently caress yeah, 20th place. I did way better this time since I actually knew more than a handfull of the people

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
34th, best yet :)

thank you again for doing this icephoenix!

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Oh I did so badly

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Man I had my mind on the results.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Woohoo, top third! I'm learning!

Thanks IcePhoenix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

Barry Bluejeams 87
Maigius 85
Procrastinator 85
Rarity 85
Fad 85
STONE COLD 64 85
Yaya 84
Purple Monkey 84
MJeff 84
Kevino07 83
Maerlyn 83

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FCX_BsWJoCwaeCMbQ3_DUYVRZJHI295uHhNOxzcoXI4/edit?usp=sharing

who the gently caress is barry bluejeams how did i lose to that jabroni