Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Hi! several basketball games took place, between the lakers, heat, warriors, and kings. The real league will start on the 7th

The california summer classic started on the 2nd, and will finish on the 5th. Games on the 5th start at 3 eastern on NBA tv. But that's not real summer league. All the teams playing in it will also be in real summer league, perhaps with slightly different rosters.

Summer league is where we see if rookies have a hope in hell of being decent, and where guys who you never heard of in college can establish themselves as role players, and guys you've heard of in college a few years ago flail around desperately trying to keep being basketball players.

The real summer league starts with on the 7th at 10pm eastern on espn

https://www.nba.com/summer-league/2022/vegas/schedule

Then we get a full slate on the 8th, starting at noon eastern, with games on espn , espn 2, and NBA tv

Games roll on for a couple weeks with the end of summer league playoffs on July 16th

If I can find an easily pasteable schedule I will add it to OP

A couple rules of thumb if you're new to the summer league experience. 1. If a rookie balls out in summer league, it means they have a chance, A Chance of not being a bust. 2. if a small guard scores 20 ppg while not spreading the ball around to his teammates, it means nothing at all. 3. When it comes to undrafted free agent types, scouts tend to be looking much more at them off ball on both offense and defense.

Enjoy the ball!
And remember, if the game is bad you can watch the tour de france

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Jul 3, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swSAfZp8ADk
Keegan Murray was wet like a harbor seal against the warriors summer league team. The touch looks real, even if it is against these guys
https://www.nba.com/warriors/news/california-classic-summer-league-roster-20220629

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
David Roddy Hive stand up

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

Dejan Bimble posted:

And remember, if the game is bad you can watch the tour de france

Give me baskethoops or give me death

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Just tuned in and the Grizz are taking the Sixers cookies.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'm ready for chet

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
CHET HAS HANDLES

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Chet hitting threes

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
Chet is cooking taco fall

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
chet knocked that down pretty smoothly

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Tacko Fall is terrible lol

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Chet is absurd

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
OMG I'm so happy OKC got Chet. This year going to be infinitely better than last.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

- Chet is cool
- j dub looks nice
- j will is lost on offense
- dieng can’t shoot himself out of a paper bag
- giddey doesn’t look any better shooting
- poku is still 2 years away

That’s what 20 minutes of the EYE TEST tells me

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Metapod posted:

CHET HAS HANDLES

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Chet going crazy

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Metapod posted:

I'm ready for chet

I wasn't ready for Chet, got-dang

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
But I was told he was soooo skinny he'd shatter into a million pieces the first time someone drove right at him

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The Glumslinger posted:

But I was told he was soooo skinny he'd shatter into a million pieces the first time someone drove right at him

I was told steph curry couldn't shoot!!!!!!!!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

R.D. Mangles posted:

I was told steph curry couldn't shoot!!!!!!!!

When I told you that I meant Seth Curry. I am sorry I meant Speth Curry.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
i totally missed that the sixers had a game last night but jaden springer is already better than matisse thybulle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im3hd4M2I6s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR0vuKdaUNQ

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
He is very scrappy. Jaden is a scrappy little combo

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Once again I'm ready for chet

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Chet is a bucket

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Man there has been a whole lot of defense in the satellite summer leagues so far, wonder if things go back to normal in the real one.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/worldwidewob/status/1544826852551696384?s=21&t=P6cnIrYWgO-s1Pihogc-Dg

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Beautiful shot.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Chets been cooking his rear end on the other end how about tell that story too

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

kenny "eats a lot of curry" lofton

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Less beautiful shot.

I don’t know why refs at every level allow Kenny Lofton to charge at will.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Rick posted:

Less beautiful shot.

I don’t know why refs at every level allow Kenny Lofton to charge at will.

big boys are hard to ref. lofton is already one of the heaviest dues in the league, and is short and bouncy

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Wow he blocked that

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

He attacked Chet the best way you can: use a lower center of gravity and greater strenght to push him far enough under the basket so that the rim prevents him from easily blocking your shot. This is something both Chet and likely Wemba will struggle with until they build up enough strength to better fight against it.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Like, look at where Chet's hands are and where Lofton releases the ball. This is picture perfect on how you take out a shot blocker.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

lofton had some good highlights for sure but also fouled out in the first quarter lol.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Bruno Caboclo??????

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Lofton was Team USA's best option against Wembanyana in whatever U-19 tournament they were in a while back so it's not surprising he's a good offensive matchup for Holmgren. It would be sick as gently caress if every NBA team gets a bowling ball post guy on the bench to counter the future long limbed skinny freak superstars

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Papes posted:

lofton had some good highlights for sure but also fouled out in the first quarter lol.

Wait hold on. He fouled out in Summer League. He got 10 files in one quarter? Holy poo poo

xbilkis posted:

Lofton was Team USA's best option against Wembanyana in whatever U-19 tournament they were in a while back so it's not surprising he's a good offensive matchup for Holmgren. It would be sick as gently caress if every NBA team gets a bowling ball post guy on the bench to counter the future long limbed skinny freak superstars

Yeah the United States was about to lose that game and then Kenny lofton put the team on his back and just made Wemby foul out and look just like a good prospect rather than an all-time prospect

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
No it was only like 4 or 5 fouls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Pistons are playing tonight. That makes this the official start of summer league.