Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Cat Hassler posted:

Gotta have RBs but they loving get hurt all the time so might as well stock up

Gotta grab the Costco pack of RBs. More bang for your buck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

seiferguy posted:

Considering Penny and Homer left in free agency and Deejay Dallas doesn't inspire a lot of hope as a 2nd RB, I'm not against the idea. I know nothing about the RB though.

He’s a solid rb prospect - definitely worse than KW9 was as a prospect but still pretty good.

In my opinion it is a terrible pick though. They already have a stud rb. If they wanted rb depth just take a few with late round picks. One would likely be serviceable.

For Seattle’s current state it's likely that (a second round IOL + late round RB) > (a second round RB + late round IOL). Unfortunately the FO went with the latter.

Time to strike gold with a late round RG :clint: then win the Super Bowl :colbert:

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I think Schneider and Carroll are just really underwhelmed by the middle of this draft. Will be interesting to see what they do with the late picks. They need lots of bodies to fill the roster.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
https://twitter.com/mattyfbrown/status/1652157821360717824

...yeah, I'm guessing we've hosed this

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

We've already drafted a running back too high, are you not entertained?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The Niners drafted a loving kicker....99th overall....when they already replaced Rob Gould. What the hell?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Bob Socko posted:

We've already drafted a running back too high, are you not entertained?

Love seattles new guard - apparently he and current Seahawks OG Damien Lewis are already friendly - both from LSU.

https://twitter.com/MathBomb/status/1652349377569013762?s=20

Seattle grabbed a OG and a DT in the fourth round - big positions of need and this is kind of the last round where rookie starters could plausibly be found.

5th and below is the realm of lottery tickets like Antonio, Tyreek, Tariq, Tom, etc. but mainly the only rookie contributors from 5th and below are ST’s or RB’s.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The Niners drafted a loving kicker....99th overall....when they already replaced Rob Gould. What the hell?

Yeah, I was thinking that. Didn’t we just sign some free agent kicker?

Edit: Zane Gonzelez, two years, $4.5 million.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ugh, a kicker in the third round, what in the hell

like did they really think he wouldn't still be there later? If you really don't like any of the positional players at that spot, loving trade back!
And we drafted a safety and now a fifth round CB, I was hoping for LBs, guards, a tackle maybe?

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Niners are already short on picks. Picking a kicker was loving stupid.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
I am all for the niners doing stupid things.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
The kicker played qb in highschool. He's their ace in the hole once the other three get injured.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
https://twitter.com/mattbarrows/status/1652402405865328640?s=20

oh my god :aaaaa:

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Stetson Bennett: He just wins games

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/azcardinals/status/1652403470425804805?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

its all nice on rice posted:

The kicker played qb in highschool. He's their ace in the hole once the other three get injured.

Can he do a QB draw?

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Going to forgive a pre-teen not knowing about it so is the “old” part being keenly aware of things other than a player’s performance or conveniently forgetting them?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

King Hong Kong posted:

Going to forgive a pre-teen not knowing about it so is the “old” part being keenly aware of things other than a player’s performance or conveniently forgetting them?

It's because Aldon played for the Niners just a decade ago and this dude was still growing up then.

The Niners I grew up watching were Montana, Rice, Young, Lott, and Rathman. We're old now.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Even with the weird draft niners are still gonna win like 13 games and crush opponents.

Which is odd. SF coaching is good.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

It's because Aldon played for the Niners just a decade ago and this dude was still growing up then.

The Niners I grew up watching were Montana, Rice, Young, Lott, and Rathman. We're old now.

Hacksaw. loving. Reynolds.

Ken. Norton. Junior.

Represent!

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

Stetson Bennett: He just wins games

I'm not impressed with this pick.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

on the other hand, Los Angeles' new quarterback grew up watching Y.A. Tittle

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

More of a Willis/Bowman guy myself. Also I was like 23

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Seahawks are not picking up Jordyn brooks 5th year option. Another failed 1st round pick. I think they have picked up a 5th round option once and it Noah fant lol

I do think not picking up a 5th year option means it was not a great 1st round pick. Curious that Patrick queen is also not being picked up since that was the guy people were thinking the hawks should have picked instead of brooks

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I think Brooks' injury is a big factor in the fifth year option not being exercised, no reason he cannot be re-signed if he is healthy.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Even if he was healthy and even if he was playing consistently at what he’s shown, even then I still think it’s debatable if Brooks was worth that first round pick. And I think he was solid on average. But LBs need to be great to be worth a first.

PCJS drafting history is oof except for the handful of times they hit the lotto

Ornery and Hornery fucked around with this message at 05:55 on May 2, 2023

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Brooks definitely wasn't helped by a general lack of vision on the defensive side. They drafted him to solve a specific problem, which was a lack of lateral quickness at linebacker. In general it seems like they selected him to make a scheme work, and then they changed the scheme anyway.

That really may be the heart of their drafting problems, especially in the first round: getting players to match the scheme rather than getting the best talent you can and using the scheme to help them. To his credit Schneider has owned up to that and broken from some old tendencies, but there have been some *really* rough stretches of drafting in there.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Sheesh, when you put it like that...

https://twitter.com/Marcus_Mosher/status/1653198781884637184?t=LRi64PPAiPrPAH9AK9c9Rw&s=19

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Gonna need a bigger oof

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Gonna need a bigger oof

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
If you take out Aaron donald I have no idea what team that could be. That’s insane

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I saw LJ Collier and wondered if it was a defensive depth chart for the XFL championship game until I saw Budda Baker listed.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Godspeed, Short Round.

https://twitter.com/PoonaF_95/status/1653508134869016584?s=20

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

I'm not impressed with this pick.

He's basically slightly younger John Wolford

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

He's basically slightly younger John Wolford

Pretty much.

Wolford just signed wit the bucs, btw.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Poon we couldn't afford :(

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the cards are going like 2-15

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Cards gonna have the first overall pick next spring. And probably a second top 5 pick from Houston, too.

nollij
Aug 30, 2006

Wait, wait, wait...

When did this happen?!?

Nervous posted:

Poon we couldn't afford :(

He was much better in 2021 than 2022. He was decent in 2022 but like everything else going on around him, everything looked liked a big old pile. I remember him being a lot better at 1-on-1 in 2021 where 2022, he just seemed to “hang” with it. Maybe its just perception. But, after 2022, I wouldn’t want to pay him either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

This guy any good? Or are the Seahawks just kicking some tires while they have the roster space?

https://twitter.com/seahawks/status/1658202816530489345?s=61&t=yRHXcrZKYvUTwGj-kCE4RQ