Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Winners & Losers from Rams first week of training camp
turfshowtimes - JB Scott

I’m really really excited for Robinson, he’s the perfect big bodied, huge catch radius WR that Stafford needs. The last time they had a guy even remotely close to his skillset is maybe Kenny Britt? If Tutu can put it together this year they are going to be set at wide receiver for a few years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Jed you ain’t doing poo poo to complete that goal

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Getting worried about elbows ITT

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Apparently Stafford threw in practice this week and everyone said it was fine, his elbow is apparently just sore. The quest to repeat is back on.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

rjmccall posted:

I’ve been critical of Jimmy and his limitations, but the idea that he’s only a minor upgrade from two journeyman QBs who’ve consistently been near the bottom of the league is pretty funny. Jimmy will never be “great”, but Lock and Smith are not even “good”.

I don’t think the Seahawks want to be good this year. Throw Drew Lock out there, try and upset a couple divisional games and land a top five pick.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1564660014391779329?s=20&t=StpL9Te7_x4uTq2nNVvIYQ

One big surprise cut from the Rams, McCutcheon probably took his spot though

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Rams' final cuts:

Waived/No Recall:

WR Landen Akers
T A.J. Arcuri
T Chandler Brewer
DE Earnest Brown
TE Roger Carter
DB T.J. Carter
DE T.J. Carter
DT Elijah Garcia
LB Chris Garrett
DB Jake Gervase
DB Grant Haley
TE Jacob Harris
LB Anthony Hines
DB Daniel Isom
G Jeremiah Kolone
DB Duron Lowe
TE Jared Pinkney
T Max Pircher
RB Trey Ragas
G Jack Snyder
DE Brayden Thomas
WR Austin Trammell
DE Benton Whitley

Waived/Injured:

DB Tyler Hall

Reserve/Injured:

G Logan Bruss

Reserve/Non-Football Injury:

LB Travin Howard

Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform:

DB Quentin Lake

Reserve/Suspended by Commissioner:

NT Bobby Brown III

Practice Squad

OT AJ Arcuri
OT Chandler Brewer
DE Earnest Brown IV
TE Roger Carter Jr.
DB TJ Carter
DE TJ Carter
DT Elijah Garcia
DB Daniel Isom
G Jeremiah Kolone
TE Jared Pinkney
RB Trey Ragas
DE Brayden Thomas
WR Austin Trammel
EDGE Benton Whitley

Practice Squad Exception
DB Grant Haley
TE Jacob Harris

International Practice Player Signing
OL Max Pircher

Chris Garrett wasn't even practice squad worthy, what a waste of a 7th round pick

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Owning a house that large being a family of 4 makes me quesy

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Yeah, I didn't understand that move. Maybe he's a knucklehead or something?

Edit: I'm surprised they didn't back Jake Gervase as well.

I read it was a numbers thing and he just got beat out by Keir Thomas, Daniel Hardy, Benton Whitley

Gervase got on the active roster today after Hardy landed on IR

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

The Seahawks winning that football game was admittedly very very funny

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I'm going to be angry as heck if the Rams don't bounce back and beat the Falcons on Sunday I tell you what

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Dre2Dee2 posted:

The Falcons took us to the god drat last second to beat them. Rams STINK but we avoided the 0-2. Panic level now at a 7. We literally blew the whole second half. Oof.

My panic level is a lot lower now. It was really the bad Stafford INT and the blocked punt that really hosed that game up, two very correctable mistakes. If you remove those it's like a 38-10 final score. Also the Rams were up 28-3 in the 3rd and we all know how cursed that is when it comes to the Falcons.

Stafford was efficient and on target most of the day, the defense came up big in a few moments they needed to and McVay did a bunch of fun stuff on offense so it's clear he's not running out of ideas any time soon.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I hope everyone in the Rams-Cardinals game this weekend has a good time playing football but I also hope Aaron Donald sacks Kyler Murray multiple times.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

gently caress BIRDS

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Great! The Rams are gonna get shellacked on Monday night versus the niners. :(

I am legitimately worried about the patchwork offensive line against the Niners defence

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Russell Wilson was the biggest fraud of them all

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

The Rams offensive line is abhorrent

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/jourdanrodrigue/status/1580988097281433600?s=46&t=hB0IT3cTPevn3vCSPoqPGQ

Cam Akers straight up for Christian McCaffrey

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

The Rams just lost their starting left tackle so the guy who was at RG moved to LT

2nd string LT
2nd string LG
4th string C
5th string RG
Starting RT

This is fine

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/ramsnfl/status/1581773331472125952?s=46&t=939wZvznBrwe-QkkLDBKjA

Jalen Ramsey giving future teammate Christian McCaffrey a nice hug

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Russell Wilson was simply dead weight holding back the Seahawks back from their true potential of a 7-10 team

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1582123318886354953?s=20&t=05o_OSQzGYlOfcCXY3ySFA

Based on the two games that Alaric Jackson has actually got to play left tackle I think he might actually be good? Or better than Noteboom. There was a pretty clear first/second half difference in the Rams offense in that Panthers game. I think before they make any big splashy trades they should probably look at acquiring another interior guy, get Austin Corbett back, someone of that calibre. CMC would be nice, but I think he would be a huge luxury at this point, they really need an IOL, WR and Edge guy in that order.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Lol Niners

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I saw that tweet last night, and that's a great group of players to get back for their next game.

I don't know if Alaric Jackson is better than Noteboom, but man, he's been a pleasant surprise.

Another IOL is a must, without a doubt. I saw they brought in T Ty Nsekhe, and elevated T Chandler Brewer.

At WR, they'll have Kupp, Van will be back, A Rob seems that maybe he's gotten his head out of his rear end, and they're throwing in Skow and Powell with moments of success. Van being back gives the WR corps more respect. Is it time to throw Lance in there a few plays a game? Tutu seems in over his head.

I'm curious on your thoughts about needing another WR.

It just feels like they need a speedy receiver who isn't Tutu Atwell on the team. They've got a shifty guy who can run every route(Kupp), a tall ballwinner(Robinson) but they need a guy that can just run all the 15+ yard routes in 2.5 seconds and keep the opposing defense honest. Maybe Jefferson can be that when he gets back but the trade deadline is next week and I wouldn't chance having no one if that doesn't work out.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

MakaVillian posted:

I'm interested to hear why you think the 49ers aren't a contender, especially with CMC

I don't think a running back in the year 2022 moves the needle that much for any time currently.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

MakaVillian posted:

Yeah I think I heard 65% of the seats will have the canopy over them which is nice

This is how they built the Canadian Football stadium in Winnipeg and it worked out really nice

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I read something about that being a thing last week, but I haven't heard anything since.

I'd rather they trade for a proven OLineman or DL/Edge, but what do I know. Well, I do know that the OL is a mess.

I hope if they make any trades it's just one for one deals at this point and whoever they trade for is someone that stays long-term. Trading multiple draft picks for one guy or any short term rentals seems like a bad idea at this point in time.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Stafford trade seemed to work out well, what with winning the Lombardi and all

You could justify the Stafford trade pretty easily. They had the number 1 defense in 2020, a decent run game and good receivers, Goff was clearly holding back that team. 2022 Rams you would have difficulty saying they do anything exceptionally well are only one good trade away from really making that playoff push right now.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Its Rinaldo posted:

I dunno if Bobby is lighting it up in LA, man

Did you see Bobby’s field goal block on Sunday? The man has not lost a step

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Luke Wilson the the NFL analyst for Canadian Sportscentre but he's also a very recent Seahawk

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

born on a buy you posted:

Qb controversy in Phoenix. I’m siding with colt.

You’re either a McCoy Boy or a Murray Furry

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

MakaVillian posted:

Any update on Kupp today?

Sounds like it’s just a high ankle sprain, will miss several weeks but not a major injury

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Franks, Butter and Celery Salt is an excellent wing sauce

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Because Sauce is the best player on a top five defense and Woolen plays for the Seahawks

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

In the last three years the Rams have started the 2009, 2016 and 2018 first overall picks at QB.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

The Rams would have won the Super Bowl in 2019 if Todd Gurley did not spontaneously explode into a fine mist 2 weeks before the regular season ended.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I doubt it, unless McVay retires. Stafford, Kupp, and an offensive line that isn’t raiding the Bears practice squad for players would fix a number of their issues.

This is true. The Rams still have a hard off-season ahead of them, but that's also the way they built the team. Their cap issues are overblown and the lack of a first-round pick is a problem but not a massive deal breaker. Even with guys returning from injury they definitely need to add some help on the O-Line and they need to add a safety but they aren't talent deficient enough that they are going to be in the basement for another decade. I'm still fairly confident that Snead and McVay can turn around things pretty quickly. They almost completely churned through the whole roster between the 2018 and 2021 teams that made the Super Bowl and completely changed coaches and scheme on all three game phases as well.

Should also probably add that Donald and McVay are committed through the ends of their current contracts which run through 2024 and 2026 respectively.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Rams bad so what

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

McVay not retiring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Lifespan posted:

I was hoping to see a contract that would get him for 3 years at <$100m, but the QB market is so crazy now and Geno is such a unique situation that who knows what will happen. I have seen writers speculate 4/$150m which I really hope isn't the case.

4 years/$150 million is about right for a starting quarterback