Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Sucks about Dee Ford, but we all knew it was coming. Injuries were just too much to bring him to back to full potential.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Very happy Deebo is back even though he'll probably steal your bike. Now the Niners need to focus on giving Jimmy G away for nothing. (probably to the Seahawks)

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Leperflesh posted:

gently caress yeah just got tickets from a goon for the rams-niners MNF game on oct. 3rd! Club seats! Any of you gonna be there?

I would but I literally HATE going to Levi's. And I live 4 exits away.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Alright my fellow Niner fans, what exactly is going to happen with Handsome James? Are they just going to carry him into the regular season as the 4th string QB, or make him QB2? There doesn't seem to be any trade targets for him at this point, unless the Niners are waiting to see what happens with the rear end in a top hat in Cleveland. The suspense is killing me!

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Leperflesh posted:

If they can't find a trade partner I think they'll have to cut him, right?

Yeah, because of cap reasons, correct? They have until the end of the month to get this done, so hopefully they do. Is Subway an official sponsor of any team?

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

I really want this on a shirt or something... please tell me she's commissioning these somehow?

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah I think a near record-setting FG attempt is not something you pick over a 4th and 5 play with russell wilson at the helm, even if you're in Denver. Like that's just a solidly terrible call no matter how you look at it.

e. Looks like there's been just over a dozen field goals of 62 or longer made in the NFL, ever. Not sure how many attempts.

I guess his thought process was, "welp, if we don't get the first, the game is over, at least kicking gives us a chance.." It's a stupid decision, because I'm sure there's a simple dump off pass they could run for 5 yards. Sheesh.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Mustached Demon posted:

I'm gonna be sad if kittle isn't available on Sunday. I like him even if his primary purpose is to catch passes.

Looking unlikely that he'll play, as he still hasn't practiced. Seattle would be the ideal opponent for Kittle to do great things, but it looks like it's not happening this weekend.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Waltzing Along posted:

Ah...guys on KNBR said it was up to 1 mill per game. Maybe it was just the game yesterday he earned 1 mill.

I'm OK giving Handsome James that kind of money to bail the Niners out and finally beating the Seahawks.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
So my fellow NFC West/Niners fans, did the Niners actually run a FB trap for a TD with Kyle Juszczyk on Sunday or am I losing this argument to the guy next to me at the bar? I could of swore they did.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

And thank you, I just showed this drunk Raider fan this video, he didn't believe in the RUN.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Lifespan posted:

You don't understand how conferences work do you?

I'd prefer to understand why more teams don't do FB dives/traps to Establish The Run.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

carry on then posted:

NFC West: Establish the FUN

Thread title right there.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Leperflesh posted:

Bizarrely, there's a bunch of teams who don't even roster a fullback! It's disgraceful. Sometimes they line a TE up to do it but that's just silly horseshit. A true FB is a god among football men, no mere TE can fill those shoes properly.

I, too, am a huge Tom Rathman fan.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Looks like Kittle is going to finally play this weekend. Not sure how good the Broncos are at handling mid-level passes, but it'd be nice to see Handsome James throw the ball to Kittle a bunch to get him back in the mix.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Rad Valtar posted:

I need a Hufanga jersey. That dude has amazing anticipation.

He's been getting better every week. Love the energy he brings to the secondary too which has been a sore point for the Niners over the past few years.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Nice win for the Niners, but man, the cost is not worth it. It's the god drat loving Panthers. loving injuries going to doom the Niners again this year. At least Handsome James had a decent game. Not enough Kittle looks, but handing it off to Jeff Wilson paid off big time.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Leperflesh posted:

My co-worker posted a video of him and his daughter at a Maiden concert this past weekend, he said it's not really his thing but his daughter wanted to go and his vid has her totally headbanging away to Aces High.

I took this as concrete proof that Iron Maiden is still relevant.

Definitely. Saw them a few years back with Ghost opening and Maiden completely brought the house down. Was amazing to see they can still play with such energy.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
I knew the Niners injuries would catch up to them. After Atlanta took that early 14 point lead, I looked at my wife and said, "Yeah, it's gonna be one of those games.."

Then we drove to our favorite San Jose bar to watch in misery with the rest of our 49er faithful. Just a sad game overall and the future looks bleak for the Niners as of now. We'll see if they can get some sort of game back in a few weeks but for now, it's looking bad.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Any of my fellow Niner fans believe the Niners are seriously trying to get CMC? Not sure if he's worth the asking price the Panthers want for him. I heard they want a high draft pick at a minimum and then other picks thrown in as well for later rounds. I don't think Jeff Wilson Jr. is that bad and Elijah Mitchell should be coming back fairly soon, not sure if CMC would be worth sacrificing more picks for possibly a season and he's an injury risk at this point.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Holy poo poo, John Lynch is a madman. Wonder what the return is.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

MakaVillian posted:

Wooo we'll have fewer picks than the Rams but gently caress it!

As long as they don't give up everything for CMC, I'm *kinda* OK with it. I just don't see why they need him.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

That's not too bad I guess. Let's just hope he can stay healthy.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Can confirm because I was there. SoFi = Niners Territory. So many Faithful today to see CMC go off. Feels good fam.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Dutchy posted:

I think I'm most impressed the 49ers got out of that game without any significant injuries. Are we allowed to do that?

Me too, especially since it was yet another turf game. Can we get rid of turf, or am I just crazy?

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

rjmccall posted:

Thank you for your service :patriot:

It seriously felt like a home game. Except in a stadium that's 1000000x better than Levi's. I wish they could tear down Levi's and build it correctly, but knowing the poo poo that the Niners are in with the city of Santa Clara.... yeah...no.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Thank you much to the Seahawks fans in here who reminded me to drop your defense in fantasy this week because they're playing in Hell Stadium. Great job last week though, and I won my matchup thanks to the defense!

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Nervous posted:

I hear ogres are good for shoring up defenses in fantasy.

Blood Bowl 2022 for sure. Hey now, just appreciating the Seahawks defense for Doing Something other than making GBS threads the bed.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
I told my wife with about 5 mins remaining that I was counting out Touchdown Tom. Sorry Rams, if you say this magical phrase, he comes to life.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Highlights of the weekend:

-- Seahawks almost made a game out of it, but you cannot deny Touchdown Tom. Hilarious that he goes to Germany without his German wife.

-- Bills/Vikings was clownball at it's absolute finest, that was the game of the year so far.

-- LOL Cowboys, wtf was that call on 4th down Mike McCarthy?!?!

-- Me screaming at the TV last night to loving RUN THE BALL. I have no idea why Kyle thought that Handsome James could be a Patrick Mahomes or something when you've got Mitchell and CMC just sitting there in the backfield. Granted, Khalil Mack is a monster but most of the time Mitchell and CMC were finding holes. Also, the Niner defense is outstanding except for that first drive by the Chargers.

-- It was a fun Sunday for sure, hope everyone enjoyed it. Sorry Rams.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Mustached Demon posted:

Jimmy G even had a rushing TD yesterday. His faith remains strong.

Touchdown Tom taught him how to do a proper QB sneak.. Looking at you Josh Allen.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Hahahahaha, Broncos Country, let's ride!

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Did anyone grab a screen grab of Kittle wearing the Luchadora mask at the podium? That was hilarious.

Niners established The Run in the second half and that apparently broke the Cardinals.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Thanks! This guy is so awesome, both off and on the field.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Weekend thoughts:

-- Nice comeback from Jacksonville, and LOL at their mascot's outfit.

-- I've counted out Touchdown Tom and the Bucs. Although with how bad the NFC South is, who knows?

-- The Jets looked really good with Mike White... why they stuck with Zach Wilson so long is baffling, but I guess if you have the #2 overall pick, you can't give up immediately, but man, they probably would have 1 or 2 more wins without him.

-- Finally, the Niners defense won the game yesterday, definitely not the offense. Handsome James was bailed out of a terrible pick and the one TD throw was nearly picked as well, but they got lucky. Dolphins game is going to be a tough one if the offense doesn't show up again next week. Still, am happy with the Niners overall and they're trending in the right direction for sure.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Papercut posted:

Hopefully this was Jimmy getting his monthly "bad Jimmy" game over with

Agreed. I have watched a handful of Dolphins games this season, and I know their defense is good, but not as stifling as the Saints were. There should be more open mid-level passes that James seems to do his best with. I always get nervous when Jimmy drops back and starts dancing around back there going through his progressions.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The Dolphins defense is not very good.

But they're not awful, right? Or has their offense been hiding their awfulness over the past few weeks?

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

They’re middling. Not awful, but in that middle group where you can’t trust them to win a game for but they probably won’t get completely rolled over like, say, the Bears.

Ok, that makes me feel a bit better about Handsome James's ability to establish The Run and make easy intermediate passes downfield.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I’d pick the 49ers just because Kyle seems to do well against other coaches from the Shanahan tree. But Waddle and Hill are nuts. 49ers defense will need to get to Tua to keep them in check.

Yeah definitely. The Niners have had issues with mobile QBs for the entire Shanahan era, I hope that changes this next weekend.

Nodoze: Yeah, Waddle and Hill are going to be the key for the Dolphins. Keep them in check, the Niners win. Otherwise, it could be brutal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Other than being a rookie, I don't see Purdy as THAT much of downgrade from Handsome James. As long as he can make those same intermediate throws and checkdowns to CMC/Deebo, he'll be fine. Also, I expect the Niners to Establish The Run a lot more with him as QB.