Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I just turned this on before Nebraska's second TD and I have to say there's a disturbing amount of offense being played by both teams, which I was not ready for in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Do not 'test the discipline with a hard count.'

Just straight up punting is braver.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Yay Northwestern!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Scott Frost is looking rougher than I remember him looking these days.

I guess he's had plenty of reasons to age in the last few years.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Austin Peay WR there might have had something going if he'd waited a split second instead of running ahead of his blockers, because there were a whole lot of big old boys about to get out in front of that screen.

I guess they have a decent kicker apparently though.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Cowardly Hilltoppers :argh:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
:lol: I wanted him to house that return so much after muffing it and getting it tossed right back to him.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'm issuing an announcers stop calling for the draw them offside play constantly in 2022 challenge.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Solid bullshit play there by Casey Thompson.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Probably Magic posted:

okay, i guess i am a pervert for this stuff, which is the funnier game, austin paey vs hilltoppers or nebraska doing what nebraska does now.

I was all let's go Peay but I think they're doomed now, flip back to check if I'm wrong but I guess NU/NU for now is what I'm going with.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Whew he tried so hard to drop that.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Either Northwestern has one hell of an interior line or I suspect Nebraska's run defense is awful.

I guess they're making Ryan Hilinski look good too, so uh, go blackshirts.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Ha, the ref ate it pretty bad there. He seems to have a sense of humor about it though.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

General Dog posted:

Right, but they’ve been watching the game right?

A 7 minute drill is pretty impressive and regardless of how Nebraska has looked Northwestern is Northwestern so it doesn't seem like the most outlandish thing in the world.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Whole lotta time left in the end, even though Nebraska had to burn their time outs.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I was like 'oh poo poo he hosed that up' until the backspin kicked in.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
...and that'll do it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Who gave up a home game for this out of curiosity? I assume Northwestern, but it'd be very funny if it was Nebraska.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

dirty shrimp money posted:

Trade them to the PAC 12 for Cal.

Trade them to the Pac 12 for Colorado if you're going for maximum pain.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Regnevelc posted:

It’s a coaching thing. Like who the hell calls on onside kick? The team doesn’t seem
to believe that Frost can get them anywhere.

I can buy that the onside was a hot read, there was a lot of space for the ball to bounce around if the kicker gets it past that first guy. Or maybe they saw him bailing early on tape or something?

Either way they decidedly just kicked it right to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Alaois posted:

okay it was further back than i remember, he resigned in January after year 2 of his 5 year contract

Yeah other than hiring him in the first place for some stupid reason, to be fair to Hawaii they moved relatively quickly once all of that blew up it seems.

Also never forget he made his own son enter the transfer portal

quote:

This led to numerous Hawaii players entering the transfer portal, including his son, Michael Graham.