Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
It looks like Jenna's next Kickstarter, for The Far Roofs, will hit in early March.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

The Kickstarter for The Far Roofs will begin tomorrow morning.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

In my birthday month. Dangerous

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
The Kickstarter has been funded!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jennamoran/the-far-roofs

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

That said, it looks like one of the big stretch goals is releasing the Nobilis 4e playtest draft to the public (and finally freeing me from my NDA) and another one is rearranging the Nobilis 2e and 3e layouts so that they can both be made available print-on-demand. So, please continue giving Jenna your money!

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
Are there any suitable one shots for Jennaverse games? I thought of the CMWGE Halloween Special, but it’s listed as a one shot lasting “only” 8 to 30 hours..

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

There's my own DESTROY CHRISTMAS for Nobilis, which you can find on DriveThru.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

hyphz posted:

Are there any suitable one shots for Jennaverse games? I thought of the CMWGE Halloween Special, but it’s listed as a one shot lasting “only” 8 to 30 hours..

If it helps, that's also explicitly "2-5 sessions of expected length".

I've been rereading Chuubo's lately, and I think part of the problem is just that so much of the game and what makes it interesting is advancement systems. There's still plenty of interesting bits in there for moment to moment gameplay, don't get me wrong, but you're also not using most of the game. If you made a literal Chuubo one-shot and it's just "here are three Chapters, each player is going to finish maybe one quest, enjoy your abstract three act play" it would be... well, it would be playable but it would be kind of weird and not actually that good at showing Chuubo's gameplay cycle.

(I say, as someone who's been paying attention to Chuubo for a decade and only got how arcs and quests work in this readthrough because I decided to try to explain it to friends as I went. So maybe I'm not the best person to ask about internalizing how the game works.)

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

I'd love to listen to/watch an AP for nobilis or chuubos.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I've been considering running the Halloween Special as a pbp on the forums, but I've never been certain if there's interest. Maybe I'll just have to try.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
That’s the thing - it’s a slow game, especially in GMD’s default mode. But I’ve been playing in an amazing campaign online, and there’s another local group who ask me about it but I can’t really explain the whole thing quickly or ask them to read the Even Greater Blue Books sight unseen.

Lambo Trillrissian
May 18, 2007

Rand Brittain posted:

There's my own DESTROY CHRISTMAS for Nobilis, which you can find on DriveThru.

I actually run a DESTROY CHRISTMAS for my friends every winter, each year we have new characters trying to deal with the consequences of the ridiculous mess everyone made "solving" last year's conflict. So thank you for starting the train rolling.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Lambo Trillrissian posted:

I actually run a DESTROY CHRISTMAS for my friends every winter, each year we have new characters trying to deal with the consequences of the ridiculous mess everyone made "solving" last year's conflict. So thank you for starting the train rolling.

That's incredible to hear! It actually sold horribly (it's almost like one-shot seasonal adventures for a boutique RPG that wasn't even in print when I published it are a commercial recipe for disaster) so it's wonderful to know that someone is getting use out of it.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Didn't even know it existed. Bought it last night and stayed up too late reading it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

My popular phase has arrived? There are dozen of you! Dozen!