Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Professor Funk posted:

Don't we need a 2022 thread????

yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

https://twitter.com/dominikbarabasz/status/1567165007909244933?s=21&t=9TDCUBKtRwbo52NB_JZymg

Lol

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Lol

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Pua

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
If they lose to Burrow and Lamar thats fine but a Jets team that is supposed to be on the upswing should be able to beat bad QBs like Trubisky and Brissett.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
They’re out here killing my boy

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Please remember that just because a bunch of players were drafted high it does not actually guarantee they are good at playing football in the NFL.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Please remember that just because a bunch of players were drafted high it does not actually guarantee they are good at playing football in the NFL.

Is this about the Jets? I was going to say in the last thread that even if all of Sauce, Wilson (Garrett), Johnson, Hall, etc., are good NFL players, there is going to be an adjustment period for them and that's going to make the early stretch even tougher. The Jets can still be on the upswing and struggle a lot early on because of that.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Sep 6, 2022

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Josh Allen

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Tua is a good boy who always does his homework and helps little old ladies cross the street and this is how he gets treated. Says a lot about the people ITT.

Nov 6, 2002

Professor Funk posted:

Is this about the Jets? I was going to say in the last thread that even if all of Sauce, Wilson (Garrett), Johnson, Hall, etc., are good NFL players, there is going to be an adjustment period for them and that's going to make the early stretch even tougher. The Jets can still be on the upswing and struggle a lot early on because of that.

Yes. Mcmagic is doing his yearly thing where he has penciled in every offseason move and draft pick the Jets have made to work perfectly, so if they lose to anyone last year that was below .500 it's an abject disaster.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Yes. Mcmagic is doing his yearly thing where he has penciled in every offseason move and draft pick the Jets have made to work perfectly, so if they lose to anyone last year that was below .500 it's an abject disaster.

I literally never do that other than in your weird fever dreams about owning me in this thread.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

mcmagic posted:

I literally never do that other than in your weird fever dreams about owning me in this thread.

lol

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

fsif posted:

Josh Allen

He’s good,

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Da bills baybeeee

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

mcmagic posted:

If they lose to Burrow and Lamar thats fine but a Jets team that is supposed to be on the upswing should be able to beat bad QBs like Trubisky and Brissett.

Trubisky is still an upgrade over last years Ben. Plus it's been a few years since Ben flat out carried the team. Tomlin is a good coach who can get the most out of his guys.

I say that while I still despise the Steelers and afaic they can go winless for the next 5 years.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

syzpid posted:

Trubisky is still an upgrade over last years Ben. Plus it's been a few years since Ben flat out carried the team. Tomlin is a good coach who can get the most out of his guys.

I say that while I still despise the Steelers and afaic they can go winless for the next 5 years.

He still sucks and losing to a team QBd by him would be disappointing.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It doesn't really matter who the Steelers are playing at QB, their offensive line looks like a disaster.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

They made the playoffs with a worse QB last year.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The Steelers have never had a losing record with Mike Tomlin at coach.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

William and Mary coaches stay winning

Nov 6, 2002

mcmagic posted:

I literally never do that

lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I said that any player the jets drafted this season is going to step in and be great right away? Really?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Mcmagic voice: we’re going undefeated

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

You're gonna go back to the post from 5 years ago about the skill group right? Is that the best you've got?

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

fsif posted:

Josh Allen

Is my Best Friend.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

I feel like Diva and I are usually more positive/optimistic about the Jets than mcmagic is? Other than the skill position post of course

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

I feel like Diva and I are usually more positive/optimistic about the Jets than mcmagic is? Other than the skill position post of course

As I explained a million times, the skill position post was made assuming that the Jets were getting a healthy Bell who had been a hall of fame caliber back for the entirety of his career before he signed with the Jets. Of course the fact that Bell was washed at 25 years old for some reason made it look dumb.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I can't really think of a time mcmagic was wrong about the jets

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

If we want a more contemporary example, you did just say that calling Zach Wilson bad means that you had your brain broke by Bills fans' wishful thinking.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

fsif posted:

If we want a more contemporary example, you did just say that calling Zach Wilson bad means that you had your brain broke by Bills fans' wishful thinking.

Hold on now, fsif. you're twisting his words. he said it was way too early to give up on Wilson despite your post basically treating Wilson being a bust as a fait accompli.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I'm probably the most optimistic Jets fan here but I also kinda have to be otherwise I might need take myself to task for the massive amount of money I've sunk into watching this lovely team for the last 20 years.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Professor Funk posted:

Hold on now, fsif. you're twisting his words. he said it was way too early to give up on Wilson despite your post basically treating Wilson being a bust as a fait accompli.

I'm trying to launch a new mcmagic meme and I don't need nuance getting in the way.

Nov 6, 2002

Ehud posted:

I can't really think of a time mcmagic was wrong about the jets

In general.. he's not! But I think he has a bit of a blind spot when it comes to evaluating young players and journeymen acquisitions - particularly in how they compare to similar players on different teams. So then he falls into the trap of expecting the Jets to always beat teams with quote "loser quarterbacks". In reality it's like, dude you have no idea what this Jets team is going to be, so don't start penciling in automatic wins over the Steelers.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Sep 6, 2022

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

fsif posted:

Josh Allen
is real. And he is strong. And he is my friend team's quarterback.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Here's my optimistic game by game expectations for the Jets season. 7-10 and 2-4 within the division. If we don't win 2 games within the division I'll be disappointed.

We're definitely going to win 1-2 games against teams we have no business beating and we'll also poo poo the bed against like the Seahawks probably for extra lols.

code:
11-Sep	Baltimore Ravens	L
18-Sep	@Cleveland Browns	W
25-Sep	Cincinnati Bengals	L
2-Oct 	@Pittsburgh Steelers	L
9-Oct	Miami Dolphins		W
16-Oct	@Green Bay Packers	L
23-Oct	@Denver Broncos		L
30-Oct	New England Patriots	W
6-Nov	Buffalo Bills		L
20-Nov	@New England Patriots	L
27-Nov	Chicago Bears		W
4-Dec	@Minnesota Vikings	L
11-Dec	@Buffalo Bills		L
18-Dec	Detroit Lions		W
22-Dec	Jacksonville Jaguars	W
1-Jan	@Seattle Seahawks	W
8-Jan	@Miami Dolphins		L

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

In general.. he's not! But I think he has a bit of a blind spot when it comes to evaluating young players and journeymen acquisitions - particularly in how they compare to similar players on different teams. So then he falls into the trap of expecting the Jets to always beat teams with quote "loser quarterbacks". In reality it's like, dude you have no idea what this Jets team is going to be, so don't start penciling in automatic wins over the Steelers.

I didn't loving pencil in anything!!!! I said IF the jets are an improved team they SHOULD beat bad QBs!!!! It's a completely reasonable non controversial thing to say!

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
AFC east 2022:

mcmagic posted:

weird fever dreams about owning me in this thread.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

I stand with mcmagic

(Also I could think of no better way to kick off the 2022 AFCE thread.)

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Sep 6, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I hope everyone remembers to let the season simmer a few weeks before saying an embarrassing take