Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

It'll be MVS and we'll all collectively lose our minds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Also, duh move.
https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1765028997291786323?s=20

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Professor Funk posted:

I feel like the most logical plan is to (try to) throw money at the OL in free agency, sign a mid-tier WR or two (think Curtis Samuel/Tyler Boyd tier), and then take the best available offensive player at 10.

They still need to take OL, it's the safest position to take if you have zero faith in the GM or any talent evaluation and would at least be a piece for the next regime. This year is likely a disaster no matter who they take there so OL is the best pick for 3 years down the road.

Diva Cupcake posted:

I expect a complete loving disaster this coming season so meh.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Pablo Bluth posted:

Surprised; the narrative was he expected to be the eventual replacement for Morse. But i don't think he was overly happy about not being a starter. The bigger saving is in 2025, and I'm guessing they like how Kromer has developed Alec Anderson.

I don't know how much they pay Kromer but it should probably be more.

Yeah this is more a doing right by a guy who deserves a chance to start somewhere but is sitting behind a very promising young guard and a healthy established vet center situation than it is about saving money. They get a bit of extra money, an extra pick and Bates gets a chance to start in Chicago.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Bryce Huff is worth 20 million in a market where Burnes is worth 24. The Jets should tag him.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Burrnz

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Pats are going to give Brissett their starting job just to gently caress over the Jets huh?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Diva Cupcake posted:

I also don’t want them to give Calvin Ridley “WR1 money” TBF

https://twitter.com/actionjack69/status/1765094266714431897?s=46&t=Q9JsEynxHxZ9F2lOwU2Uuw

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Mar 5, 2024

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/snyjets/status/1765113269251883123

lol Connor breaking the big stories.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I assume Adams is getting one year vet minimum somewhere? Not a lot of demand for injury prone undersized lbs.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

mcmagic posted:

Pats are going to give Brissett their starting job just to gently caress over the Jets huh?

Would honestly be shocked if they invested that much money in a backup QB. They will probably get a mid tier guy who looks good on paper but everyone knows he’s done. Jimmy G is the most Jets option

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

I'll put my money on *spins wheel* Ryan Tannehill. With their other needs, I'm not convinced they'll trip over themselves to give Brissett $10m or whatever (and I think he'll have a better chance to start on some rebuilding team). Tannehill is a veteran with a lot of starting experience and the offensive staff is familiar with him. Yes, I know he looked cooked last year, I'm not saying it would be good.

Expecting metapod on the scene in 5, 4, 3...

Edit: my general prediction for the Jets offseason is that they are going to take low-cost swings on the most high-risk/high-upside guys (Mike Williams when he's cut, Dobbins, etc.), and it's going to immediately and spectacularly blow up in their face. Oh, and Sauce is going to fall out of his gaming chair live on stream and somehow tear his ACL.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Mar 6, 2024

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I pray for jet fans who yearn for a backup qb

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I don't give a poo poo who the backup QB is. The only way the Jets could have any chance of winning with this current coaching staff is with Rodgers playing. There is no backup QB, and likely no more than 3-5 starting QBs who could overcome the level of incompetence in the coaching and front office that the Jets are dealing with currently.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Professor Funk posted:

I'll put my money on *spins wheel* Ryan Tannehill. With their other needs, I'm not convinced they'll trip over themselves to give Brissett $10m or whatever (and I think he'll have a better chance to start on some rebuilding team). Tannehill is a veteran with a lot of starting experience and the offensive staff is familiar with him. Yes, I know he looked cooked last year, I'm not saying it would be good.

Expecting metapod on the scene in 5, 4, 3...

Edit: my general prediction for the Jets offseason is that they are going to take low-cost swings on the most high-risk/high-upside guys (Mike Williams when he's cut, Dobbins, etc.), and it's going to immediately and spectacularly blow up in their face. Oh, and Sauce is going to fall out of his gaming chair live on stream and somehow tear his ACL.

How’s the Shirt Printing industry in NY/NJ doing? Tannehill could be a major economic boost to the region. Gotta factor that in

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Docjowles posted:

How’s the Shirt Printing industry in NY/NJ doing? Tannehill could be a major economic boost to the region. Gotta factor that in

Saleh already has a corner on that market.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

My youtube feed is showing me A A Ron on some "Keep Hammering" podcast which I assume is some kind of Joe Brogan manosphere adjacent poo poo? I watched 5 mins and the guy interviewing him is wearing a Rodgers jersey sitting across the table from him lol

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

mcmagic posted:

I don't give a poo poo who the backup QB is. The only way the Jets could have any chance of winning with this current coaching staff is with Rodgers playing. There is no backup QB, and likely no more than 3-5 starting QBs who could overcome the level of incompetence in the coaching and front office that the Jets are dealing with currently.

We just spent a whole season talking about how this wasn't an acceptable mindset for the GM to have, lol.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

sirtommygunn posted:

We just spent a whole season talking about how this wasn't an acceptable mindset for the GM to have, lol.

There are a lot of things that go on around the Jets that are unacceptable.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

mcmagic posted:

My youtube feed is showing me A A Ron on some "Keep Hammering" podcast which I assume is some kind of Joe Brogan manosphere adjacent poo poo? I watched 5 mins and the guy interviewing him is wearing a Rodgers jersey sitting across the table from him lol

I feel that unless you're a literal child, you should never be wearing the loving jersey of the person you're interviewing. Some real embarrassing poo poo

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Black Sunshine posted:

I feel that unless you're a literal child, you should never be wearing the loving jersey of the person you're interviewing. Some real embarrassing poo poo

Yeah it's about as cringe as you can get.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Poyer cut, is that a surprise?

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Not really. Both him and Hyde have had a ton of injuries the last few years and they are shadows of what they were.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Okay but cutting Morse seems concerning.

Von signing not just bad, but historically bad at this point.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Ditch posted:

Okay but cutting Morse seems concerning.

Von signing not just bad, but historically bad at this point.
Just :lol: if the Jets or Dolphins can’t take the division this year.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Wait what the gently caress, they cut Mitch Morse??

loving Von.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

And Deonte Harty and Siran Neal AND Tre White?

What the gently caress, the cap is supposed to be fake.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

I guess White is gone too???

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

fsif posted:

Wait what the gently caress, they cut Mitch Morse??

loving Von.

Von has to be the worst free agent deal in recent memory, right?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Mitch Morse is a prime AFC East incest candidate.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Professor Funk posted:

Von has to be the worst free agent deal in recent memory, right?

If you exclude trades (e.g., Watson, R. Wilson), then yeah maybe.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I always struggle to call injury situations bad signings or busts. Just unlucky poo poo.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

TheBizzness posted:

I always struggle to call injury situations bad signings or busts. Just unlucky poo poo.
The problem is giving that amount of money (especially guaranteed) to a guy who had been in the league 11 years and missed an entire season two years earlier.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Fair! I won’t pretend I knew all the details. He was good before he got hurt though! Maybe he’ll be good again next season?’

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

It's Bills Mafia copium to the max, but yeah the hope is that he just rushed getting back on the field and he should have spent more time healing. Tre White looked pretty bad when he came back from his ACL at first, but then got back to like 80-90% of his form after an additional offseason to heal (and before rupturing his Achilles).

But Tre wasn't 35 and also isn't a domestic abusing piece of poo poo!

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I did not have rebuilding year on my 2024 Bills bingo card

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Releasing Tre sucks but is understandable, dude dropped off after his first injury and his second just makes it near impossible for him to return to his best.

Poyer is still good but a cap casualty.

But Morse, guy is all class, led the best OL effort I can remember and I can't see how we replace and replicate his output as easily as the other cuts. poo poo sucks.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
I guess the plan is to slide Connor McGovern to center. He developed nicely his first year so hopefully he can step into a more important role. It would be a lot easier to fill in a guard spot than center. You could draft one but db and receiver need to be addressed as well and with the cap still painfully tight they'll probably need to spend multiple picks on both positions.

Durr Kommissar
Jan 25, 2010
The lovely thing is the actual tossup between defensive and offensive drafting it puts the Bills in. Secondary isn’t as huge a concern as it would be, since they usually can turn later round picks into decent/plus starters for the most part, but it looks like depth is gonna be tested hard across the board on D this season.

Still think they need to go WR in the first round, though. There’s gonna be someone worth picking up there, unless this poo poo WR market leads to a run on all available talent in the first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Imagine if the Bills re-sign Gabe Davis.