Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Where styling and profiling is a Full Time Job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Cavauro posted:

Where styling and profiling is a Full Time Job

it really seemed like it could be a wrestling thread and i'm disappointed that it wasn't

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Imagine if Punk just had a level head and just tweeted a statement about Colt in a professional manner none of this would happen.

The only thing I do hope for is Punk gets some mental help for his interal issues. I also wanted Punk to bury the hatchet with Colt when he came to AEW, but the chances of the former are most likely the chances of the latter. :smith:

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 20 days!)

i thought punk would have actually chilled after all his time away. that initial promo he did about supporting young talent - yes - but apparently it was all just storyline.

i'd be in support of him getting 'mental help' too but this is just his personality. it's probably best if he just goes home to april and relaxes for the rest of his life. it's made him very famous, thinking he is the most important person in any room, but it also makes him a huge dickhead and i think most of us are ready to just say enough outta you. not if it costs us enjoying omega, bucks and hangman.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Macksy posted:

anyone got a summary of wot happened for someone who hasnt followed cool man punk since his ufc run?

Here's a timeline.

- After Punk left WWE, he appeared on Colt Cabana's podcast. At the time, the two were best friends. Punk talked poo poo about his WWE experiences, including a doctor who nearly got him killed with his incompetence. Said doctor, backed by WWE, sued Punk and Colt. Punk won the suit, but it did cost him a ton of money, which was WWE's intent to begin with.

- Punk told Colt that he would take care of the bill. Complications happened and depending on who you believe, either Punk decided to renege on his deal or Colt got greedy and tried to get some more money. Either way, their friendship was destroyed.

- Colt joined AEW. He became part of the Dark Order stable, whose de facto leader was Hangman Adam Page, one of the company's top faces. Colt wasn't a major part of the roster, but beloved backstage.

- Tony Khan was able to convince Punk to come out of retirement and join AEW. poo poo was electric and Punk had a new lease on life. Rather than jump straight into the main event, he faced a bunch of midcarders that interested him. Then he had a massive storyline against MJF. Though MJF did get a win over Punk at one point, Punk won the feud itself. It was really, really good.

- Colt told Tony Khan that he and Punk being in the same locker room probably wasn't going to work out. Tony decided that Colt was done with AEW. The Young Bucks, who really liked Colt, convinced Tony to rehire Colt as part of Ring of Honor. Right now, ROH exists without TV and only lives through the occasional PPV and some random matches on AEW TV. Since then, Colt has only had one ROH match. Without knowing the full context, fans did the math and figured that Punk was probably behind Colt's disappearance.

- Backstage, Punk wanted to be a mentor to everyone. Many were interested in what he had to say. Hangman Adam Page responded with, "Thanks, but no thanks!" He wanted to make his own mistakes and learn from that. Punk was annoyed with this.

- A PPV main event was Hangman (champ) vs. Punk. Both were faces. At one point, Hangman cut a promo that made a very vague reference to Punk and Colt's relationship. Again, it was very vague, but Hangman seemed to be blaming Punk for Colt not being in the company. Punk was legit angry about this because Hangman did not clear this with him. Punk was especially mad because he believed blaming him for Colt leaving would hurt his status as a face.

- Punk won the PPV match and became champ. Immediately after, Punk broke his foot. Rather than vacate the title, he just went off TV for a while to heal up. A tournament was put together to crown Jon Moxley as the interim champion. As Moxley owned this role for months, Hangman completely stopped having anything to do with the title picture.

- Months passed and Punk returned so they could do Punk vs. Moxley at All Out to unify their titles. Upon returning, Punk cut a promo where he called out Hangman for a rematch. Hangman did not walk out and Punk called him a coward. This confused everyone and it turned out it was NOT part of the script. Punk had been stewing over Hangman's vague promo line for months and this was his way of humiliating him. This only got more people talking and more people started connecting the dots on Punk going to AEW in relation to Colt fading away. Meanwhile, Ace Steel, an AEW employee who is Punk's real life mentor, became an on-air character during this time.

- Punk was cutting a major promo in Chicago (his hometown) about his match with Moxley. One guy in the crowd was chanting "COLT CABANA!" Punk called the guy a fat virgin, which got a pop from the crowd, but the whole thing genuinely got under Punk's skin. It wasn't good for his reputation.

- Tony Khan did an interview where he stated that, no, Punk had nothing to do with Colt leaving.

- At All Out, Punk defeated Moxley to become undisputed AEW Champion. After the match, MJF made an appearance, hyping up that they were continuing their old feud, but now with the title involved. The crowd was absolutely pumped for MJF. Again, this was all in Chicago, so it probably annoyed Punk a bit. Also, Punk injured himself in the match and will need surgery.

- The post-show media scrum started with Punk coming out and going on an angry rant about Colt Cabana and Hangman. He believes that the Colt rumors were being spread by the EVPs of the company (Kenny Omega and the Young Bucks) and talked poo poo about them as well. He said if anyone had issue with him, they knew where to find him. He barely mentioned MJF at all and completely overshadowed the PPV's final moments.

- The EVPs did in fact have issue with what he had to say. At first the story was that they confronted him and a huge brawl broke out. As more details came out, the better the EVPs started to look and the worse Punk and ESPECIALLY Ace Steel started to look. The Young Bucks brought a legal representative with them to make sure things didn't get out of hand and next thing you know, Ace Steel was biting Kenny Omega.

- Everyone involved in the fight was suspended. Even those who were trying to break it apart. An investigation was started and they wanted everyone off the table for the moment. On the next episode of Dynamite, Tony Khan had stripped Punk of his title and Kenny/Bucks of the newly-won trios title. He did not mention either party by name and all footage of them was removed from the intro. Nobody involved has been even mentioned on TV since.

- We don't know the fates of Punk and Ace Steel, but rumor has it that they're just done. We've probably seen the last of them in AEW.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Gavok that is a very good post with one glaring oversight:

When fists and chairs started flying, Kenny rushed to pick up Larry The Dog and spirit him away to a safe location.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
There appears to have been some misunderstanding with Ace Steel getting involved BECAUSE of Kenny picking up Larry

Also when Punk beat Moxley he was wearing Danhausen’s boots

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

Again, this was all in Chicago, so it probably annoyed Punk a bit. Also, Punk injured himself in the match and will need surgery.

highly subjective

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

like you can even hear in his voice that punk is just not right in that moment

his voice is so much deeper than normal

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Gavok posted:

Here's a timeline.

- The EVPs did in fact have issue with what he had to say. At first the story was that they confronted him and a huge brawl broke out. As more details came out, the better the EVPs started to look and the worse Punk and ESPECIALLY Ace Steel started to look. The Young Bucks brought a legal representative with them to make sure things didn't get out of hand and next thing you know, Ace Steel was biting Kenny Omega.

Has it been disproven, I thought the Ace narrative was that he got involved because his wife was there and he was protecting her? I seem to remember a joke in the thread about the Bucks superkicking the door down and Kenny hoisting her up for a shoot One Winged Angel, it's only natural Ace would dive in to help teeth first

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

punk's troubles had him sounding possessed that night. every word was a dreary growl. whatever aura was circling around him created this dark atmosphere and it affected everyone in the room when they spoke too. my guess is it hit anybody who could look into his eyes or feel the angry heat radiating from his body. i don't think we'll ever see anything like that again

PunishedEnzoMatrix
Jul 29, 2022

by Hand Knit

Maxwell Lord posted:

Also when Punk beat Moxley he was wearing Danhausen’s boots

Cavauro posted:

punk's troubles had him sounding possessed that night. every word was a dreary growl. whatever aura was circling around him created this dark atmosphere and it affected everyone in the room when they spoke too. my guess is it hit anybody who could look into his eyes or feel the angry heat radiating from his body. i don't think we'll ever see anything like that again

Dang, Danhausen's curses are powerful

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

roomtone posted:

like you can even hear in his voice that punk is just not right in that moment

his voice is so much deeper than normal

that was everyone's voice in the press conference

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

heard that one before. something about the sample rates being done wronglier than hell. but i think it's what i said

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

JUNGLE BOY posted:

that was everyone's voice in the press conference

maybe so but the dark growling punk of that speech is what's gonna live on

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
Punk developed on oxycodone addiction while rehabbing his injured foot. His symptoms including watery eyes, pervasive lethargy/fatigue, anxiety/agitation, insomnia, irritability and arguing with or having negative interactions with others. Now after going scorched earth at the media scrum and balls out in the backstage altercation, he's painted himself into a corner. Either apologise and come out as an addict (killing his entire gimmick), or double-down and solidify the perceptions of everyone who already thought he was an prick, difficult, toxic person etc.

This is a shitpost for my amusement, not a conspiracy theory

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

FullMetalJackoff posted:

Punk developed on oxycodone addiction while rehabbing his injured foot. His symptoms including watery eyes, pervasive lethargy/fatigue, anxiety/agitation, insomnia, irritability and arguing with or having negative interactions with others. Now after going scorched earth at the media scrum and balls out in the backstage altercation, he's painted himself into a corner. Either apologise and come out as an addict (killing his entire gimmick), or double-down and solidify the perceptions of everyone who already thought he was an prick, difficult, toxic person etc.

This is a shitpost for my amusement, not a conspiracy theory

it's pretty funny but cm punk attacked several men

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

https://twitter.com/TheEnemiesPE3/status/1572989108011646979?s=20&t=ITy48dcow8pqP1AgS4nMRQ

:lol:

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
cm punk has always wanted to be the angry old man of wrestling. his personality is perfect for wrestling because you can see he loves taking tiny things and turning it into great drama that people are drawn towards

roomtone posted:

it's pretty funny but cm punk attacked several men

you post this like you have seen video evidence of what happened.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
even the accounts that came from Punk's camp concede that he threw the first punch, that aspect of this shitshow isn't really up for debate

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The interesting part of the online discourse was HHHism advocates started assuming that Bucks, Omega, Punk were all headed to WWE because of the suspension.

The mental calisthenics required to come to that conclusion…

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
The idea Ace was worried the Young Bucks were so enraged by CM Punk they might attack the wife of his trainer was always kind of silly to me, at least when the end result was him biting somebody. Shoving, maybe.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Justin_Brett posted:

The idea Ace was worried the Young Bucks were so enraged by CM Punk they might attack the wife of his trainer was always kind of silly to me, at least when the end result was him biting somebody. Shoving, maybe.

Look when the Young Bucks superkick down your door and go "We are so effin tee'd off with all you a's" you don't think, you just react

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Punk only threw the first punch because the Bucks were taking too long winding up for the double superkick to Larry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Kenny Omega pointed at Ace's wife and went bang and things just escalated from there