Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/CFBBluePrint/st...pagenumber%3D13

https://twitter.com/SportsCentralFB/status/1575687388642549761?s=20&t=lLpE0ffkPHgYQPbbuCAKaw

He'll be playing against the Jets on the 9th.

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1575687222111657985

They're already trying to get him to play the immediate next game again

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

It would be nice if the PA had any real power

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/UnbiasedNatsFan/status/1575661332665204736?t=BtyExp_2F12PeCPQBti1HA&s=19

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
I haven't been watching the game, but I saw the clip of what happened to Tua, and holy loving poo poo. Everyone responsible for letting him go out on the field needs to be fired and/or sued

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Miami Dolphins are stupid assholes

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Ehud posted:

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Abolish Thursday Night Football and the Miami Dolphins

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ehud posted:

https://twitter.com/LeBatardShow/status/1575690189476835328

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
Guys! Guys! Guys! Let's not lose sight of what's really important here. The Philadelphia Eagles are the only undefeated team in the NFL.

Seriously though, gently caress everyone involved in this bullshit.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
When does that hospital open the Stephen Ross Neurotrauma wing?

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

unrelated I still love Burrow, watching this post game interview and he's such a charming idiot

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Supposedly air travel is safe:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7658735/

The concerning data is all about 8000ft, they have a charter so they could ensure that they don’t do anything that would exceed a lower cabin altitude. That max 8000ft cabin altitude is usually hit near an aircraft’s rated ceiling, so close to 40,000 ft. An A321/757 thats used for charters will be fine doing CVG-MIA at a much lower altitude. It’s a short flight for those planes.

hobbesmaster fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Sep 30, 2022

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

unrelated I still love Burrow, watching this post game interview and he's such a charming idiot

He sucked rear end until the Dolphins were down to their 4th string corner covering Chase

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

TheBizzness posted:

He sucked rear end until the Dolphins were down to their 4th string corner covering Chase

I don't care, I still love him. he's a charming idiot even when he doesn't play well

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

NFLPA really needs to force the league to have all concussion protocols be clearly recorded and have it independently reviewed with severe punishments for not to stop this poo poo. loving christ.

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006

TheBizzness posted:

actually, he kicked rear end the entire game

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Kalli posted:

NFLPA really needs to force the league to have all concussion protocols be clearly recorded and have it independently reviewed with severe punishments for not to stop this poo poo. loving christ.

For the PA to want this the players need to want this and most players want to brush head injuries off and play if possible. Which yeah means the oversight system is kind of broken here because the teams sure as hell aren’t gonna opt to be careful.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

mean words about joe burrow need to roll off everyone's backs tonight. this is not a good one

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

I'm not a doctor but that's a bad idea

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1575691701959663616

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Tua will be practicing in pads tomorrow.

-Miami Dolphins

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

hobbesmaster posted:

Supposedly air travel is safe:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7658735/

The concerning data is all about 8000ft, they have a charter so they could ensure that they don’t do anything that would exceed a lower cabin altitude. That max 8000ft cabin altitude is usually hit near an aircraft’s rated ceiling, so close to 40,000 ft. An A321/757 thats used for charters will be fine doing CVG-MIA at a much lower altitude. It’s a short flight for those planes.

Even if the flight itself doesn't endanger him it seems like complete negligence not to at least keep him overnight for observation

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

He went to an a trauma center and was seen by non NFL affiliated doctors who I’m assuming actually did their job so presumably he’s actually safe to travel if they’re releasing him and letting him on a plane.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

For the PA to want this the players need to want this and most players want to brush head injuries off and play if possible. Which yeah means the oversight system is kind of broken here because the teams sure as hell aren’t gonna opt to be careful.

Well, the PA is currently making a bunch of noise about there needing to be an investigation and consequences, so evidently they care about it at this moment. I can believe that players are aware of and concerned about head injuries in the abstract while also thinking that their specific head injury isn’t a big deal and they should be let back into the game.

Kalli posted:

The problem is always who pays for the “independent” reviewer because as long as it’s someone affiliated with the league their independence is questionable. Under the current system everyone is incentivized to get the player back in the field asap. The players want to beat the test, the doctor and “independent” consultant aren’t paid to look too closely as long as the player passes the test, the coach and staff aren’t doctors and have every incentive to believe the medical professionals when they say the player passed the evaluation, teammates want the guy back on the field or at least don’t want to cause conflict by telling him he needs to sit…

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Maybe the players wouldn't be so gung ho to risk their lives if they had guaranteed contracts

E: I do agree though that legally probably even if the NFLPA and NFL agreed to release detailed player medical results like that, each individual player would still need to consent to it

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Codependent Poster posted:

Tua will be practicing in pads tomorrow.

-Galu Taguvailoa

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

They just didn't tell the ER docs that he had a concussion sunday so they'd release him tonight lol

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ches Neckbeard posted:

They just didn't tell the ER docs that he had a concussion sunday so they'd release him tonight lol

Why would they, they still publicly maintain it was a back problem. They think they can run with the facade to anybody

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Go Bengals
Go University of Cincinnati Hospitals

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Papercut posted:

Maybe the players wouldn't be so gung ho to risk their lives if they had guaranteed contracts

Tua is on a fully guaranteed contract and he still wanted to play. Guaranteed contracts should happen anyway but I’m not sure it would change player behavior all that much when it came to head injuries.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/MitchSchwartz71/status/1575691491883761664?t=4S4roTuvrhleNC-EIQqibg&s=19

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

what if tua was faking it

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
My sweet boy is considered one of the good guys. I like that.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Alaois posted:

what if tua was faking it

i think tua has the competitive spirit, and would want to be playing with his top 5 or 10 receiving corps. whatever it is. and it seems like he likes his situation to me. so that's why i don't think he would fake it. but that makes me think about how i might fake it if it were me. not just to "sock it to them" and that kind of thing but i really like sympathy a lot. i don't remember details but when i was a child i got sympathy from someone that was undue as a misunderstanding, and i immediately began to well up with tears. it wasn't something i was trying to do but i took to that sympathy right away. i guess you could say it was like a duck to water. that's unrelated to all of this.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Cavauro posted:

i think tua has the competitive spirit, and would want to be playing with his top 5 or 10 receiving corps. whatever it is. and it seems like he likes his situation to me. so that's why i don't think he would fake it. but that makes me think about how i might fake it if it were me. not just to "sock it to them" and that kind of thing but i really like sympathy a lot. i don't remember details but when i was a child i got sympathy from someone that was undue as a misunderstanding, and i immediately began to well up with tears. it wasn't something i was trying to do but i took to that sympathy right away. i guess you could say it was like a duck to water. that's unrelated to all of this.

I had a similar situation as a child and understand your feelings. Pretty strange we both turned out to be Bengals fans huh

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

not sure. i only became a bengals fan when they beat the kc chiefs in the playoffs. goodnight all

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I know its likely forlorn but I do hold out hope the NFL might end up punishing the Dolphins, because the one time they ever go after someone is when their crimes are indisputably there on a video and these happened in games

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Tua is on a fully guaranteed contract and he still wanted to play. Guaranteed contracts should happen anyway but I’m not sure it would change player behavior all that much when it came to head injuries.

Tua is in a make or break 3rd year of a rookie deal he has the opposite of anything guaranteed.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

i was at a restaurant watching the game and i couldn't eat or drink anymore after i realized what was happening. i hope tua is okay... :ohdear:

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Deserves to be here and not just the gently caress the Dolphins threads.

https://www.nfl.com/playerhealthand...gement-protocol

quote:

"No-Go" Signs and Symptoms.
If a player exhibits or reports any of the following signs or symptoms of concussion, he must be removed immediately from the field of play and transported to the locker room. If a neutral sideline observer or a member of the player's club's medical team observes a player exhibit or receives a report that a player has experienced any of the following signs or symptoms, the player shall be considered to have suffered a concussion and may not return to participation (practice or play) on the same day under any circumstances:

Loss of Consciousness (including Impact Seizure and/or "fencing posture")
Gross Motor Instability (GMI), identified in the judgment of the club medical staff in consultation with the Sideline UNC, who observe the player's behavior, have access to the player's relevant history and are able to rule out an orthopedic cause for any observed instability
Confusion
Amnesia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I think this is probably the most disturbing thing I've seen on a football field