Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Those mongolian ultra nationalists, sounds like they don't want foreigners there. What are their politics, do they have anything specific in mind they want to achieve, ethnically pure mongolia free from foreign influences or something? Return to Djingis Khan style conquest? I assume they're mongolian chuds at any rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I'm pretty bummed out by the light pollution as well. I remember as a kid I could see so many drat stars during night. Now it's all gone, might see a few twinkles. The place I live in is basically rural and off the beaten path, yet we put out as much light pollution as the Helsinki metropolitan area. Massive greenhouse operations here (center of map near gulf of ostrobothnia). There is no large city there, north of the main light emissions is the biggest regional town of nearly 70k people and it's dwarfed in light output by the rural areas to the south of it.

Sometimes if it's cloudy and I drive to work past one of the greenhouses the light reflects off the clouds and back down and everywhere is daylight bright but in a weird yellowish tone that's decidedly unnatural, like earth had moved to orbit a new star.

And my kid is really interested in the stars and gets excited every time he sees one and it's just so sad when I look at the sky nowadays :(

His Divine Shadow fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Feb 8, 2024