Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This but I didn't notice it was new years at 00:00 as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Trophy case post. Maybe I'll finish more than one game club game this year.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The abstainers just sat by the sideline and watched us kill Impo. Based.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Arch Nemesis posted:

Should I look up how to get the hadouken or is it reasonably discoverable in game?

Its a made up playground tier rumor but real.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

When you got games like Mega Man in them, you can't lose

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This game is still drat fun. Died on Chill Penguin lol I suck rear end at mega man. Got me with the drat slide dash. Its basically unreactable.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

: Finish the game
: Find all the Armor Upgrades
: Find all Sub Tanks and Heart Tanks
: Hadouken!

Awesome game, I haven't played nearly as much of the X series as I should. Save im...I mean, looking forward to the next game.

They get mediocre quickly and then just start to suck rear end by like X4.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've got a good one ready in the chamber.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Vadun posted:

How do I get on the list to pick a game?

You sure you want to know the answer.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Kins posted:

i think this might be the first time i've 100%ed this. preeeeetty good game.

saw this weird message after leaving the game idling for like fifteen minutes after the credits rolled, though. not sure what this is about. bad rom dump? :shrug:

He's bluffing.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It would be better if you had the dash.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

About to grab the hadouken and go pwn sigma. Was planning to just do 2 or 3 robot masters this morning but then got sucked in...a drat fine game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've never played zero games are they cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

DDS is epic. My fave megaten game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If anybody beats demifiend in a month they're nuts. You have to beat the game twice just to unlock the fight and then grind to max level for another 30 hours and then the fight itself is like a hour long where any turn could mean the end if RNG fucks you up.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

You don't have to beat the game twice and you keep all your mantras on NG+. That last part is true though

Doesn't the fight only unlock on hard mode and in the final dungeon? Or am I misremembering.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

DDS1 has no hard mode, you might be thinking about something in DDS2 but you can still start on hard mode in that game

So I was. I was conflating the two. Hell maybe I'll give it a shot, I have a file I could load up in NG+...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

DDS is the closest to like a final fantasyt smt. You just have a party that levels up with skill trees. No monster collecting or fusing, just pure Action.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Leadthumb posted:

Thankyou for dedicating the rest of your life to this Sub!

Lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Plebian Parasite posted:

If there's a game you don't want to play then just don't play it. Don't be weird about it. Likewise if there's a game you want to play but you're afraid you won't finish in time for a trophy, just play it on your own terms, who gives a gently caress. The trophies are fun but the point of the game is to chat with your friends about a game you're all playing at the same time.

Actually it's to cement internet tribalism and lay the seeds for some burgeoning half decade long grudges that eventually culminate in an IRL harassment incident. Cheers.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

American McGay posted:

Not playing the second game.

My plan for the entire year most likely. Could barely finish a single pick last year for gods sake.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Its also badass to eat your enemies.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Piggly must pay for their crimes. It would be so chill to hang out with my local Proprietor when purchasing large volumes of salt, butter and flour.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Vadun posted:

Does DDS stand alone or should I have some idea of the Nocturne plot?

totally unrelated

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

on the final boss. forgot that this goofy loser just pulls out a lightsaber for Phase 2 lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I used the invulnerability move a lot this time you can really jet through levels with it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Leadthumb posted:

I use it every time in that vertical hallway full of knights and stuff in whatever sigma stage that is, it's the worst room in the game.

the wordt room in the game is the spider boss

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

grieving for Gandalf posted:

spent more time on Bospider than I did on several maverick stages and I still didn't beat him. I wasn't going to get the hadoken but now I'm thinking about getting it just to bypass it

I just stand on one side of the wall and just wait with the ice shot. Slow but steady

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A good time. the sigma fight kinda sucks but i tried to make it a challenge by not healing during the fights. evnetually got good enough at hadoukening out the trash opening phases. best parts of this game are all the reploid stages, and dash jumping just feels good whenevr you do it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Its not going to get much more difficult, getting 100% makes you stupid OP.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Next pick coming tomorrow?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

American McGay posted:

I’m not playing any of the secondary games so I don’t give a drat.

This

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oldskool posted:

figured i'd try it out and make sure i have everything in working order before it's time to get my oasis on.

got a treasure chest stuck on my head, 10/10

Enjoy your life long ban. Hope it was worth it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mildly baffled

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sub-Actuality posted:

lol great job hltb

imps who are playing Legend of Oasis, would you prefer to extend it to a 2-week game or keep the 17th deadline?

SOmebody beat demifiend before Legend of Oasis even started. keep it a week imo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

So what's the next game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That Little Demon posted:

Probably best to ban him and take away his trophies

Yup. I can take them off his hands as well if we need to

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

absolutely anything posted:

you have described all video games

Lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The human eye can't see beyond 4:3 anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

loving hell, I picked something that I specifically remember not making you do a bunch of PC gamer bullshit to run well when I played it years ago, wonder if it's a modern Windows issue. Probably should have tested it myself before picking it, apologies!

If enough people are having issues that nobody can be bothered setting it up I'm happy to forfeit my pick and go into the shame cave rather than leave it on two weeks with a game only three people can play, I'll leave that decision to Sub

gently caress the haters man.