Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I have a real former Suzuki-gun member scoop for you

Do not click if you don’t want something big spoiled for WK

Zack is blond now

I saw it on Twitter and am crying real tears

I don't know if they're tears of joy, horror, laughter or all of the above

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
first pretty peter, now this

2023 must be stopped

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1610147718349074432

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
The press conference is on now if anyone wants to see the fits

https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1610156854226870272?t=-LglwTxjg3u5c1mbo0Ftjg&s=19

Oooooff

Burn Down Canberra fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Jan 3, 2023

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

YES!!!!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The long national nightmare is over :worship:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Better mean that Douki wins the Rambo!

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Kenny came out to devil sky at the presser

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

Kenny asking the translator(am I right that this is Mizuka Koike?) to translate his Japanese for Will is very funny

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Kenny and Will just did a tremendous amount to build for their match in that one promo. Will hinting at Ibushi was the juice this needed.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Anyone else having issues logging into NJPW World?

Edit: Couldn't log in all afternoon, I try just now and get logged in no problem because of course. For gently caress's sake.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Now he’s gonna get recruited by Shingo-gun and get more powerful than their wildest imagination

Takagi-Gun sounds better.

It's a shame 鷹の団 is already taken and probably trademarked.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Zack, what the hell?

https://twitter.com/CiaranRH93/status/1610114904295616513

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
This would have never happened if Suzukigun still existed.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Not content with the Zack scoop, Ciaran also brought us this

https://twitter.com/CiaranRH93/status/1610165128510726144

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's always sad to see someone in crisis :smith:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Now he’s gonna get recruited by Shingo-gun and get more powerful than their wildest imagination

i wanted shingo to to be the one to turn instead of EVIL and take over suzuki-gun and i really hope they do something along the line of my outsider heel unit and let him play his verzerk character

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Gino! :woop:

Zack! :aaa:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Obvious punchline but still fun

https://twitter.com/MegaTJP/status/1610198093647204356

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/WillOspreay/status/1610217868628750336

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Complaining about COVID restrictions is the only promo Will knows

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
I wasn't planning on catching this live due to work the next morning but I just got laid off so I might try now! The Kenny Ospreay match should be awesome.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I know I've seen TJ & the Aussie Open lads reference Akira's total inability to do up a tie before. TBH just endears him to me even more.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
Are they allowing drinking in the Tokyo Dome for events again now? I am trying to figure out if I need to pregame or not before hopping on the train.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

My goal is to try and get up to watch starting 2-2.5 hours into the main show, let's see if it happens.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
How fast do they tend to rattle through the matches? New Japan shows seem to me to be quite light on filler between matches when I’ve watched the G1 etc, but I’ve never been able to catch WK live before.

I’m basically trying to work out whether I’m going to have time to watch the whole thing live before starting work at midday GMT

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

Just to double check so I don’t wreck my sleep schedule for nothing - main show starts 12 hours from now, correct?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Answers Me posted:

How fast do they tend to rattle through the matches? New Japan shows seem to me to be quite light on filler between matches when I’ve watched the G1 etc, but I’ve never been able to catch WK live before.

I’m basically trying to work out whether I’m going to have time to watch the whole thing live before starting work at midday GMT

The matches can be quite long - ones involving guys at or near the main event level can easily go 30+ minutes (be prepared for anywhere between 40+ minutes to almost an hour for Ospreay v. Omega and Jay v. Okada).

After each match, there’s usually a brief window to clear the ring, before the next set of lands are headed down to the ring.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Dr. Zoggle posted:

Just to double check so I don’t wreck my sleep schedule for nothing - main show starts 12 hours from now, correct?

Yup. 8am GMT

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Answers Me posted:

The last few WKs are just shy of 5 hours on NJPW World. I'm not sure if the recorded versions chop off dead space in the preshow, but this preshow is pretty stacked with matches so there may not be a need to do so.

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

Excellent, thank you

Time for a lonnng nap

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Apparently Bayley flew to Japan to support Sasha Banks. Bayley loving rules.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Answers Me posted:

I'd expect it to finish between 1 and 1:30 based on previous years

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
So pre-show at 12:30 Central time? That is right on the cusp of if I can get a nap in or just plow ahead for a long night. Looking forward to it regardless!

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Rarity posted:

I'd expect it to finish between 1 and 1:30 based on previous years

I'm in GMT +12, so I expect to be up until 3 or 4 am.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Every time I stay up for NJPW I always think I'm going to get to go to sleep soon when there are 3 matches left except those matches invariably take 45m each

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Tweak posted:

Every time I stay up for NJPW I always think I'm going to get to go to sleep soon when there are 3 matches left except those matches invariably take 45m each

The quintessential Big NJPW Show experience.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

bloodysabbath posted:

Are they allowing drinking in the Tokyo Dome for events again now? I am trying to figure out if I need to pregame or not before hopping on the train.

They had the beer girls walking around last year

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

They had the beer girls walking around last year

Always happy to hear that Saki Akai from Yakuza 6 is getting more work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

Always happy to hear that Saki Akai from Yakuza 6 is getting more work

Haha, I was so shocked when I was playing Y6 knowing that the New Japan guys were in it, and then running into Saki Akai too :allears:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jan 3, 2023