Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

inconsequential
Feb 6, 2004
I swear I've watched NJPW World on my roku in the past, but it doesn't seem to be coming up. Is it somewhere on Roku? Or if I switch out for a Firestick? Or do I just have to cast from the website?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/status/1610189957683109888

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Apparently Bayley flew to Japan to support Sasha Banks. Bayley loving rules.

That's cool as poo poo. Bayley is a good friend. If Hunter gets pissed Bayley can go do some amazing poo poo in Japan too.

baka of lathspell
Jan 1, 2022

im gonna drop the illusion that i know what tanga loas up to & finally ask

i guess they wanted to do singles tama tonga but not singles tanga loa?

its felt weird tho seeing GoD represented by Jado in tags

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

baka fwocka fwame posted:

im gonna drop the illusion that i know what tanga loas up to & finally ask

i guess they wanted to do singles tama tonga but not singles tanga loa?

its felt weird tho seeing GoD represented by Jado in tags

Tanga Loa tore his MCL months ago and had to have surgery. Unsure when he's expected back but guess it could be at NY Dash

baka of lathspell
Jan 1, 2022

ah gotcha

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I haven’t watched NJPW in several years and I’m somehow debating calling into work tomorrow so I can watch this show live. I know it’s a terrible idea, please help.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Ganso Bomb posted:

I haven’t watched NJPW in several years and I’m somehow debating calling into work tomorrow so I can watch this show live. I know it’s a terrible idea, please help.

Sounds like a real good idea to me OP. Show will slap, work will suck

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
So since we'll probably have a good idea by the end of tonight what do people think the main event of the Yokohama Arena show will be?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

forkboy84 posted:

Sounds like a real good idea to me OP. Show will slap, work will suck

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013
Just watched the Ospreay Omega press conference on NJPW worlds YouTube channel. Was Ospreay's best mate who died queen Liz 2?

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Stall_19 posted:

So since we'll probably have a good idea by the end of tonight what do people think the main event of the Yokohama Arena show will be?

Its not on nj world schedule so that makes me lean towards a ppv not through nj world. They did historic crossover through nj world iirc.

Which could suggest cyberfight promotions or aew

Just random speculation obviously

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Its not on nj world schedule so that makes me lean towards a ppv not through nj world. They did historic crossover through nj world iirc.

Which could suggest cyberfight promotions or aew

Just random speculation obviously

Forbidden Door was an NJPW World PPV while Wrestle Kingdom in
Yokohama Arena was an Abema PPV last year fwiw

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Do I have to pay for a PPV to see this, or can I just use the app?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

NutritiousSnack posted:

Do I have to pay for a PPV to see this, or can I just use the app?

Wrestle Kingdom in Tokyo Dome is part of a NJPW World subscription. The Yokohama Arena show is later in the month

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/pwaaustralia/status/1610122674931654657?s=46&t=wS7OaUsQzd49gnvbRuly1Q

Guys who are not in the Ranbo or Dash

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I know it's a shitshow over there, but the last couple of days I've noticed that embedded tweets are loving up way more frequently. Is this universal or just happening to me and something wrong on my end?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Twitter has been slow all day for me.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

I know it's a shitshow over there, but the last couple of days I've noticed that embedded tweets are loving up way more frequently. Is this universal or just happening to me and something wrong on my end?

It's universal. The bird site will probably hobble along for a good while yet but its deffo started crumbling at the fringes

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Whatever this tweet was is fine, it's the video or picture or whatever was copyright struck

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

I haven’t been able to access Twitter via web for days, only on the app

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

SalTheBard posted:

Whatever this tweet was is fine, it's the video or picture or whatever was copyright struck

15 seconds long of Don Callis saying that quote basically re: Omega leaving Japan.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I for one am looking forward to Wrestle Kingdom

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
wish I wasn't already low on sleep but I got nothing to do tomorrow so here we gooooo

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

algebra testes posted:

I for one am looking forward to Wrestle Kingdom

https://i.imgur.com/ZMKu1Xl.mp4

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Stall_19 posted:

Whatever it is, it looks like there's a real possibility it won't be shown live on NJPW World.

itsnews
Jul 25, 2022

edogawa rando posted:

Whatever it is, it looks like there's a real possibility it won't be shown live on NJPW World.

Is New Years Dash free for everyone, whether you have a subscription or not? Those are usually fun shows.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

itsnews posted:

Is New Years Dash free for everyone, whether you have a subscription or not? Those are usually fun shows.

Yep, basically everything is included with the subscription unless specifically noted as a PPV

e: misread the question sorry

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jan 4, 2023

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

(Very very mild presumably Ranbo spoilers) El Phantasmo walked past to the Dome

itsnews posted:

Yeah it usually is and this year is no exception

gripebomb
Dec 13, 2006

I wanted to fight the world.

- Eddie Kingston
drat. I was doing good, fell asleep around 8:00 CST so I could get as close to 6ish hours of sleep since my dumbass forgot to ask for the 4th off. But I woke up and I'm too excited to go back to sleep. Tomorrow is going to be ROUGH.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
I've never watched a New Japan show, this sounds fun.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Been up since 7am pst. Just signed up for NJPW World. Let's see how this goes!

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Squall posted:

I've never watched a New Japan show, this sounds fun.

There's going to be so much good wrestling and also the pre-show which might be funny sometimes

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Really tried to squeeze a nap in but I didn’t think ahead enough to not drink my late coffee. Oh well, let’s loving gooo

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
they should move the Tokyo Dome to the US so that the timing works out better for me

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
my plan is to wake up early and watch Omega/Ospreay & ZSJ/Ren and then who knows when i'll get to the rest

hope everyone enjoys the show

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Penguin Patrol posted:

they should move the Tokyo Dome to the US so that the timing works out better for me

They should just put it on at 3am Tokyo time.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

debating if i should watch in english or japanese

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Good morning wrestlefriends, happy WK day :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

JOHN CENA posted:

debating if i should watch in english or japanese

English for Gino