Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Sounds like with the contract demands Keenan Allen had, he's likely to only be a Bear for one season. Not a big deal since investing in a wide receiver at that age is risky. But I did wonder if they'd be able to get a 1-year extension on to soften the cap hit this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

surf rock posted:

Jordan Love is Lisan al Gaib.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The Ice eats the weak.

My Ice.

My Division.

My North.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Dan Messiah

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

what if the nba was like game thrones

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

R.D. Mangles posted:

what if the nba was like game thrones

Starts out fantastic but by the end everyone’s just embarrassed and disappointed

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Thaddius the Large posted:

Starts out fantastic but by the end everyone’s just embarrassed and disappointed

2016 finals for LeBron haters

Matches up season to game wise pretty well

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Sataere posted:

Half my time watching him was me screaming "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, SLIDE!!"

He can slide all he wants. It's not gonna protect him. poo poo didnt work for Fields.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

ZombieCrew posted:

He can slide all he wants. It's not gonna protect him. poo poo didnt work for Fields.

Pretty sure getting blasted while running isn't gonna protect him either. Sliding minimizes the damage.

Also, Tom Grossi rules

https://x.com/tomgrossicomedy/status/1773101203007721876?s=20

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sataere posted:

Pretty sure getting blasted while running isn't gonna protect him either. Sliding minimizes the damage.

Also, Tom Grossi rules

https://x.com/tomgrossicomedy/status/1773101203007721876?s=20

Hell yeah

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
came across this

https://twitter.com/PageKennedy/status/1739014732076748972

and this:

https://twitter.com/PageKennedy/status/1751753166646054920

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

:hmmyes:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Turns out the reason why Murphy voted against the kickoff rule change is he was supportive, but wanted a preseason trial first.

Keisean meanwhile...

https://twitter.com/keiseannixon/status/1772669585336029572

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Watched a movie last night called The Warriors. The lead played a character in an ep of Murder, She Wrote:

TITTIEKISSER69 fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Mar 28, 2024

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/KyleBrandt/status/1773331495513366667

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

I want that man to be my quarterback more than ever.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

sweet geek swag posted:

I want that man to be my quarterback more than ever.

:hellyeah:

That whole video is worth a watch especially the surprise (but hell, probably correct, I'd be more excited to see him than urlacher/toews/kris bryant) choice that guy has for Chicagoan's #1 favorite athlete after MJ

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

trevorreznik posted:

That whole video is worth a watch especially the surprise (but hell, probably correct, I'd be more excited to see him than urlacher/toews/kris bryant) choice that guy has for Chicagoan's #1 favorite athlete after MJ

Caleb only has to be a certain level of good to easily surpass everyone but Jordan, and he or to be frank whoever is the first good Bears QB is like the only dude who has the chance to actually touch Jordan as far as popularity in the city.

I think it was Jason Goff who said. You have Bulls fans, you have Blackhawks fans, you have Cubs fans, and you have White Sox fans. The only team that like has near complete overlap with all of those sports fans in Chicago/Illinois is the Bears.

If a Bears QB is ever the reason why they win a Superbowl, they are going to be like right behind Jordan on the Q rating. God forbid if 2 or more are won, they pretty easily equal him.

Niggas were out here writing screeds and crying over trading Justin Fields, a dude with a ton of potential, but who was never like consistently a top 15 QB in the league.

I said off hand in a chat with friends and family, the bar is so low to be insanely popular as a Bears QB is that if that dude manages to break Erik Kramer's records he will probably be on the cover of Madden next year.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

This is incredible

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Bagged Milk is being cut by Kwik Trip

https://www.northernnewsnow.com/2024/03/27/kwik-trip-discontinues-bagged-milk-all-stores-starting-may-2024/

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

IcePhoenix posted:

This is incredible

trevorreznik posted:

Behind Mina Kimes, Kyle Brandt is probably my favorite football analyst. Dude just has a way of cutting through the bullshit.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I heard Caleb speak for the first time ever and he sounds like a nerd so I don't want him.

but now the media is gay coding him and I want him more than ever.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

HootTheOwl posted:

I heard Caleb speak for the first time ever and he sounds like a nerd so I don't want him.

Heard some caller on ESPN 1000 say he didn't want Caleb Williams because he paints his nails

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

HootTheOwl posted:

Homosexuality
Increases
Their
Success

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I'm gonna feel bad when Hutch ends up Baining him, seems awesome.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Heard some caller on ESPN 1000 say he didn't want Caleb Williams because he paints his nails

but that's badass

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Forrest on Fire posted:

Homosexuality
Increases
Their
Success

lmao

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
Saw a comment saying they just wanted a manly QB like McMahon, not this Hollywood guy flashing his money and attracting attention.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

What the gently caress!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

JGdmn posted:

Saw a comment saying they just wanted a manly QB like McMahon, not this Hollywood guy flashing his money and attracting attention.

People really don't remember Jim McMahon lmao.

That motherfucking team made a goddamn song called the Superbowl Shuffle in early December.

I have no clue how any Bears fan could ever want anyone other than the bad rear end cocky assholes if they can actually back it up.

I have had to watch that goddamn cocky rear end in a top hat Aaron Rodgers give it to the Bears for like 2/5's of my entire loving life at this point. I would give anything to have the roles reversed.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Dexo posted:

People really don't remember Jim McMahon lmao.

That motherfucking team made a goddamn song called the Superbowl Shuffle in early December.

I have no clue how any Bears fan could ever want anyone other than the bad rear end cocky assholes if they can actually back it up.

I have had to watch that goddamn cocky rear end in a top hat Aaron Rodgers give it to the Bears for like 2/5's of my entire loving life at this point. I would give anything to have the roles reversed.

they made the song after an embarrassing loss!!! that's how cocky they were! gently caress!

It's weird that Chicagoans pretend they don't want to be Team Evil to the rest of the league, despite being exactly that from 1991-98 in the NBA and then '10-'15 in the NHL. Those years ruled! I wanted more championships!

Since my spouse is a Bama alum I can absolutely imagine how fun it would be to be the Patriots/Chiefs in the NFL and I would love for the Bears to be like that. If painting his nails gets Caleb a key roughing the passer call like Mahomes against the Bengals, sign me the gently caress up

trevorreznik fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Mar 28, 2024

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Forrest on Fire posted:

Homosexuality
Increases
Their
Success

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

JGdmn posted:

He's got a non-Pro iPhone in that pink case. He's straddling the "Hollywood guy" and "1997 Toyota Camry driver" line with aplomb.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Forrest on Fire posted:

Homosexuality
Increases
Their
Success

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
it's surreal to see people attack Caleb for crying, talking to his mom and painting his nails - it feels like I've entered a timewarp from 2004 and the most rote, crass homophobia. But then of course, we're talking about football, the apotheosis of American male heterosexual projection, and it makes sense.

So, I hope he succeeds and gets gayer

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Mike N Eich posted:

it's surreal to see people attack Caleb for crying, talking to his mom and painting his nails - it feels like I've entered a timewarp from 2004 and the most rote, crass homophobia. But then of course, we're talking about football, the apotheosis of American male heterosexual projection, and it makes sense.

Gonna demand the throwback unis have leather helmets and pants

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
The ones crying about Caleb are the ones that stopped drinking bud light for a while. The type of people that would burn a jersey over trivial bullshit. They'd bemoan the rainbow pylons on halsted if they saw them. I wish there were less of those people.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
The only thing that needs to be asked of Caleb is, is he willing to perform the Super Bowl Shuffle

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Mike N Eich posted:

I hadn't been following the stuff much but holy poo poo there's a lot of people calling Caleb a "character concern" because he painted his nails. Just insane stuff from people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/DaGman7/status/1773470720426938509

This guy rocks