Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I think this forum tends to supremely underrate quarterbacks worth while treating them as the most important player on the team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Why would Zack Wilson’s opinion matter at that point

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I mean realistically you will have neither

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I sincerely doubt any GM wouldnt be able to maintain a roster with that contract if they wanted to.

As has been clearly shown the cap is only really a problem if you want it to be

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Bird in a Blender posted:

Like Dexo said, you can not worry about the cap for about 10 years. Eventually all those cans you kicked down the road fiddling with the cap get piled up and you spend 3-4 years in absolute cap hell until you can start over again. The Saints aren't in a good position to compete right now because they're just trying to figure out ways to get under the cap just to cover their current roster, let alone adding the pieces they need to be better. They're lucky they're in a terrible division.

What your describing right here is how literally every team already operates. Being competitive then entering a rebuild once that window shuts. It’s not a particularly new or even avoidable thing

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Bird in a Blender posted:

Mitch allegedly had great practices too.

I mean you would have to be just awful to not look good in practice

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

To be honest it’s not like the lions plan is some guaranteed success. It could end up failing in the long run just as well as going for Lamar would

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Lol people unironically talking themselves into the system

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I think the more likely scenario is the Vikings win the division while the lions put up a respectable 7 wins after a disastrous start

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I imagine they got one singular trade offer and they are just thankful for something to do

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

But then we will have a new defensive coordinator to blame so it’s a win overall

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Now if they can teach fields to throw a ball

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

People were making GBS threads in the Packers but it seems like they got everything they wanted

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Dexo posted:

If Rodgers is good, they probably didn't get the better of the trade. outside of generally "getting rid of guy everyone hates". Probably a push, maybe favoring the Jets, unless Love is also good.

If he sucks or is mid and completely falls off, then yeah fleeced.

I mean I feel like that’s how QB trades go. Really good or really bad.

No inbetween

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

They drafted two good young WRs last year. It’s just they are young and it seems like Rodgers wasn’t to terribly interested in working with them anymore than he had to

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Well then the Packers got some guys to develop while they suck for a high pick next year

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I’m not sure you can call the Packers spiteful. They set a value on what they should get and it seems they got it.

That’s just negotiation

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I mean if he sucks then that isn’t terribly different than what they would have with Rodgers.

Because last year he sucked

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I hate to tell you this but o doubt not drafting love would have changed much.

Like not drafting love wouldn’t have made Rodgers not choke in the 49ers and Bucs games.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Abugadu posted:

Can’t think of any receivers in the 2020 draft that might have made a difference?

No the offenses were top rated in the regular season. I get all fans think that if they just had more weapons things would have changed but it’s unlikely.

People call the Packers fans spoiled and realistically that’s true if a team that consistently competed is a disaster

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

The whole manage Rodgers better seems like a mostly pointless discussion anyway.

Rodgers was in a position to win (and failed) until the point when he just couldn’t do it anymore physically.

Nothing else really matters

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Niwrad posted:

I don't see the issue with what they did with Rodgers. I thought the Love pick was kind of dumb, but Rodgers has played the last few years and often at a high level. Now that he's starting to look a little washed, they traded him for a stack of picks and have their future QB lined up.

Despite the off-field bad vibes or whatever, it seems like the Packers ended up getting what they wanted out of this for the most part.

Hell the Packers ended I profiting off of Rodgers spite which is kind of funny

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I mean they were in a hurry because Rodgers was bad last year. If he improves on the Jets then it is what it is but hindsight is 20/20

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Honestly thought he would be openly bitter

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

MJeff posted:

Good to know changing teams hasn't gotten rid of his love of lying.

I mean he did start the conference by saying that the reason he didn’t speak to the packers is he had lovely Cell reception at his house

Boy never stopped

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I do love how GB fans have convinced themselves defensive picks always fail but drafting a WR would be an automatic hit.

It’s why fans don’t draft I suppose

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

It is kind of funny the lions got incredibly cocky despite still being pretty bad

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

MJeff posted:

Drop that past tense, loser, we're sweeping your rear end again.

Jokes on you we are bad too

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

But the Rams won the Super Bowl by making a gently caress it all in trade

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Parallelwoody posted:

Oh they didn't get there earlier? Or the playoffs? My bad.

Oh now placing matters

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

It’s especially true for the Packers who are going to be spending next year seeing what Love has while working off that dead cap.

Like I get drafting a WR is more fun than more defense but it won’t change much unless Love is literally Aaron Rodgers out the gate

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

A tiny WR who is fast and a good route runner

I’m good with that

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Wait he has a dropping problem?

Oh no

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

It’s funny that despite people complaining about it the Packers WR core is now insanely young

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

The important thing is if a person gives my team a bad draft score they are obviously incorrect or working off bad info

If they give them a good score then obviously they are smart and understand football

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

MJeff posted:

This is respectively secondary and tertiary to the actual important thing, if a person gives a team I hate a good draft score, they're a loving moron.

Important point

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

It’s a pretty good draft.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

It’s a 5th and a 6th. You will be lucky if either player is on the team in two years regardless

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

MJeff posted:

“It’s a lot of money for a guy who hasn’t played, but at the same time we’re moving forward with him.” is the funniest loving sentence.

I mean the point of it was to be a non answer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

HootTheOwl posted:

Oh no, he certainly answered

I mean not really, he gave a reason not to, and a reason why he should