Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Docjowles posted:

I thought it was this thread that listed Thielen as "top 5 in TDs across the last 3 years" but I can't find it so it must have been elsewhere. Regardless, that's kind of a weird stat, let's zoom/enhance

2020: 14
2021: 10
2022: 6 (and played in 4 more games than the previous year)

trend seems bad. Especially when his selling point at this stage of his career was "he just catches touchdowns". To be fair if I had Justin Jefferson to throw to I wouldn't target anyone else either. But I think he's running out of gas

Diva Cupcake posted:

Thielen will probably have a decent market given the lack of options this FA.
https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1633873310441426944

Yeah, real red flag when one of the two stats being provided is this year and the other is including the previous two years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
WR free agent market is dire this year.

code:
| Name          | G   | Rec | Yds | TD  |
| ------------- | --- | --- | --- | --- |
| Jakobi Meyers | 14  | 67  | 804 | 6   |
| Adam Thielen  | 17  | 70  | 716 | 6   |
| Alan Lazard   | 15  | 60  | 788 | 6   | 
Two of those guys were their team's #1 receiver last year and the other plays with Justin Jefferson.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Docjowles posted:

I thought it was this thread that listed Thielen as "top 5 in TDs across the last 3 years" but I can't find it so it must have been elsewhere. Regardless, that's kind of a weird stat, let's zoom/enhance

2020: 14
2021: 10
2022: 6 (and played in 4 more games than the previous year)

trend seems bad. Especially when his selling point at this stage of his career was "he just catches touchdowns". To be fair if I had Justin Jefferson to throw to I wouldn't target anyone else either. But I think he's running out of gas

I think he'd still be a fine addition to a team like the Bills where they just really need a hands guy. Thielen probably wouldn't be a focal point anywhere at this point and I'd want to have two others around him but for those third down slants and playing out of the slot and he can block a little bit. He'd be good in a lot of places were they just need base type production.

He'll probably go to the Titans and do nothing, but Buffalo or New England or something he could still be a contributor.

Panthers only really have one notable free agent in D'Onta Foreman. Hopefully we keep him as he's great in the offense and has shown he can handle the workload. Would probably need to be paired with a change of pace back because I don't think Chuba Hubbard is it, but he's probably one of those mid range 4 mill or 5 mill a year guys. Hopefully he doesn't jump ship.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
DeMarcus Robinson was his team's #1 WR. Anyone want to pay him top dollar?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Welp, I guess I know where Thielen could go now...

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Juju is a Free Agent. Carolina could pay him.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

No Butt Stuff posted:

Juju is a Free Agent. Carolina could pay him.

Yeah, looks like they're about $23m under now with the trade. DJ created a $14.6m dead cap hit.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1634364119502536704?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/leroyinsider/status/1634382992964501505?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Is LeroyInsider someone I should know?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

Is LeroyInsider someone I should know?

It’s PFTCommenter’s gimmick account and he breaks a fair bit of news. Or trolling. One or the other.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

This is such a dumb loving contract. Not that it's a lot of money but he's CLEARLY on the downside and you can get guys just as good in the second or third round. Texans gonna taxan.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Chiefs collecting WRs with injury issues.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

No Butt Stuff posted:

Chiefs collecting WRs with injury issues.

2024 super bowl champion kevin white

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

e: wrong thread

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Mar 11, 2023

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

mcmagic posted:

This is such a dumb loving contract. Not that it's a lot of money but he's CLEARLY on the downside and you can get guys just as good in the second or third round. Texans gonna taxan.

Yeah it's not great but the Texans are gonna be dogshit yet again so it's hard for me to be that mad about it.

Whee... Another 4-13 season. Can't wait.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

on bad teams, a smart older player who isn't completely washed is a good thing for the future of his position group on that team for the next several years, paying off through anyone he mentored. i don't know if robert woods is that stuff. if he's not then lol. but my team picked up a linebacker who was like that at age 30 and it helped immensely and immediately for germaine pratt, logan wilson, and akeem davis-gaither. i'm attributing things to the great josh bynes with zero proof and the likelihood of it all having no truth to it whatsoever, and he also did not cost much. Goodbye for a short while

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

mcmagic posted:

Like just keep Brandin Cooks if you're going to do something like this

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I just did quick review but it seems like the Bears should not have trouble at all spending a nice amount of their cap space.

I think they can get 1 Great DL (Javon Hargrave), 1 Good DL (Dre'Mont Jones), and 1 Solid DL (Yannick Ngakoue) and still have draft wiggle room with a bit of restructuring. It'd be around $55m (22+18+15) to add 3 upgrades to the defense. Plus they could do that while avoiding the classic pitfalls (don't give mega contracts to old/injured former studs, don't give huge contracts to older DBs, don't overpay at nonpremium positions, etc.). In this scenario, the only player they'd sign age 30 or older would be Hargrave. These 3 players won't salvage the defense, but I think they are talented enough to get the defense closer to 16th than to 32nd.

Combine that with the $20m cap hit from Moore and wham bam, cap space fulfilled.

You're welcome Mr. Poles.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I just did quick review but it seems like the Bears should not have trouble at all spending a nice amount of their cap space.

I think they can get 1 Great DL (Javon Hargrave), 1 Good DL (Dre'Mont Jones), and 1 Solid DL (Yannick Ngakoue) and still have draft wiggle room with a bit of restructuring. It'd be around $55m (22+18+15) to add 3 upgrades to the defense. Plus they could do that while avoiding the classic pitfalls (don't give mega contracts to old/injured former studs, don't give huge contracts to older DBs, don't overpay at nonpremium positions, etc.). In this scenario, the only player they'd sign age 30 or older would be Hargrave. These 3 players won't salvage the defense, but I think they are talented enough to get the defense closer to 16th than to 32nd.

Combine that with the $20m cap hit from Moore and wham bam, cap space fulfilled.

You're welcome Mr. Poles.

They still need 5 lineman and a TE. Defense should not be on their radar.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Ches Neckbeard posted:

They were the worst team in the NFL, basically every position is on their radar.

But not QB :)

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Ornery and Hornery posted:

They were the worst team in the NFL, basically every position is on their radar.

But not QB :)

This year should be seeing if Fields really is the future. Their line is rear end and they have 1 proven receiver. If you want to evaluate him he needs to be upright with guys worth throwing to. A top tier defense didn't help Kissing Titties be a QB.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Their receiver group is the strongest position on their roster lol

They should invest in the offensive line, but another thing that helps a QB is getting some time to rest on the sideline occasionally

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Yes the strongest group made up of mostly guys that just managed the least ypg passing and 27th in total yards per game. Dj Moore is a huge improvement but best position group on the bears is still the bears.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The worst team in the NFL with loads of cap space doesn’t get to pay market rate for FAs. I’d bet on them getting McGlinchey but they’re going to overpay for everyone.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1634539959389396993?t=PrKKIKa1KmKeu991S9s83A&s=19

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The Chargers are going after Lamar Jackson.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

fsif posted:

The Chargers are going after Philip Rivers.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Diva Cupcake posted:

It’s PFTCommenter’s gimmick account and he breaks a fair bit of news. Or trolling. One or the other.

I’ll still put more trust in news I see from gimmick dog accounts and parodies like Wes Steinberg than anything said by Florio.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Diva Cupcake posted:

The worst team in the NFL with loads of cap space doesn’t get to pay market rate for FAs. I’d bet on them getting McGlinchey but they’re going to overpay for everyone.

Good thing the bears have billions and zillions of cap space and can afford to overpay FAs by $1-2m AAV.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I honestly expected the chargers to move on both Allen and Mack with their contracts. Huge for them to get reworked so they can keep em.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

BlindSite posted:

I honestly expected the chargers to move on both Allen and Mack with their contracts. Huge for them to get reworked so they can keep em.
For the heck of it I looked at what is already on the books for 2024.

If you're a Chargers fan, do not look.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

LiquidFriend posted:

For the heck of it I looked at what is already on the books for 2024.

If you're a Chargers fan, do not look.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

xbilkis posted:

Their receiver group is the strongest position on their roster lol

They should invest in the offensive line, but another thing that helps a QB is getting some time to rest on the sideline occasionally

Yeah they need offensive line help, but that month when the offense was mostly healthy and they figured out an offensive Identity, the Bears problem was not scoring points.

After that month everyone got hurt and shut down and they went full tank mode and then he had to throw to someone named Nsimba Webster and Dante Pettis.

They desperately need a pass rush, their secondary is solid. But no secondary can survive when the QB has infinite time to throw.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1635007784583589888?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
good for him. even as an Eagles fan I can't say I’m familiar with the name but he must be pretty drat good to get that deal. Jets FO must be sad.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Never be sad to pay your young superstars. Quinnen and Simmons and probably even Dexter Lawrence are all going to nearing $25m per.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

washington paying DTs massive contracts has never backfired before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/mysportsupdate/status/1635079151114915842?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ