Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Ayudo posted:

"Lamar Jackson getting injured in a football game must be because he stays up all night playing Madden and slamming Mt. Dew, not because he plays a contact sport."

-Some dipshit

Poor sleep and diet means you don’t recover as well from game to game. Build up of hits/minor injuries will take its toll by the end of a season if they aren’t doing everything they can to heal back to 100%. And if you react slower to a blitz because you got 5 hours of the sleep the night before and it leads to getting pulverized instead of making a play, that’s a problem that can get you injured more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

applying that stuff out of nowhere because lamar wants too much money. the science checks out so how could it be ridiculous to start saying this on twitter? he's a ticking time bomb with too many red flags! It's kick rear end

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

latinotwink1997 posted:

Poor sleep and diet means you don’t recover as well from game to game. Build up of hits/minor injuries will take its toll by the end of a season if they aren’t doing everything they can to heal back to 100%. And if you react slower to a blitz because you got 5 hours of the sleep the night before and it leads to getting pulverized instead of making a play, that’s a problem that can get you injured more.

Ochocinco lived on McDonalds.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

latinotwink1997 posted:

do you think people are unaware that not sleeping makes you sleepy

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

latinotwink1997 posted:

Oh gently caress I bet jimmy g never sleeps cause he's loving all the time!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

here's the issue folks.

what is the weight of this highlighted word in the tweet? it sounds to you like they are in the lab trying to figure something out and it sounds to me like they are throwing out whatever they want.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'm more curious how many pounds of fail Lamar has been gaining.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
If you think most NFL players have great rest schedules and perfectly healthy diets then I have a franchise to sell you in Washington

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ShakeZula posted:

His value will probably go up after the draft once a few teams come away without a viable answer at QB. The Colts are supposedly kicking the tires on a trade and the local media is clamoring for it, but I have real doubts that it happens.

If the Colts don't think Richardson or Levis are franchise QBs, the 4th pick is pretty good to offer up along with some others.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm pretty sure Marshawn Lynch had the diet of a twelve year old kid at the state fair just sayin

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

kiimo posted:

I'm pretty sure Marshawn Lynch had the diet of a twelve year old kid at the state fair just sayin

https://mobile.twitter.com/FTFonFS1/status/907578671267008512

Unsurprisingly, world class athletes aren’t like normal people and can get away with things normal people can’t.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Codependent Poster posted:

If the Colts don't think Richardson or Levis are franchise QBs, the 4th pick is pretty good to offer up along with some others.

For the Ravens, #4 is basically worth (at least) two first rounders on its own.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

If the Colts make an attempt I'd think it wouldn't be until after the draft, so whatever first-rounders would (hopefully) not be at 4.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Nevermind

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Cmc has been going to bed at 7pm since he was 6 and his treat is a single can of ginger ale after a win.

He has had one full season in like 3 years.

Rest and recovery are important and it can be a contributing factor, but I wouldn't think it matters much with Lamar.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

BlindSite posted:

Cmc has been going to bed at 7pm since he was 6 and his treat is a single can of ginger ale after a win.

He has had one full season in like 3 years.

Rest and recovery are important and it can be a contributing factor, but I wouldn't think it matters much with Lamar.

Is the ginger ale thing real

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Lamar probably does have IBS/UC or something.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I don't know who this guy is but (for now) that's a real checkmark.

https://twitter.com/ByTimGraham/status/1640573079322771457

I think the same is true of the Chiefs until something actually does happen for the record.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

I don't know who this guy is but (for now) that's a real checkmark.

https://twitter.com/ByTimGraham/status/1640573079322771457

I think the same is true of the Chiefs until something actually does happen for the record.

Tim Graham is legit.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/josephperson/status/1640728481016467458

.....ah. I see.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Contract makes a lot more sense now.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I just realized Wentz is still unsigned. From MVP frontrunner in his second season to out of the league 6 years later is something. I guess someone will sign him post draft but what a wild ride.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It's loving hilarious how far Wentz has fallen. You can be even worse than Wentz and still have a backup job, but Wentz is just that loving unlikable a person that he can't even coast on being a #2 overall pick and having a near-MVP season anymore to get even third-string work.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
he'll get signed by someone, unless he like doesn't want to be a backup.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Why be a 3rd string QB when you can just do something else with your $100m?

Bortles didn't make nearly as much as Wentz and he peaced out 2 years after making the AFC championship game.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Also sounds like wentz is kinda hated by other players, if any of the comments from Philadelphia are any indication.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

FizFashizzle posted:

Also sounds like wentz is kinda hated by other players, if any of the comments from Philadelphia are any indication.

he's basically had the exact same locker room complaints about him at every team he's been on. the philly stuff could've been written off as like 'well he's leaving so we'll trash him to make it not look as bad', but its been one of the more consistent things during his years playing (along with also just not being very good at football)

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

He was really well-liked by several of the guys on the Colts who all coincidentally never confirmed or denied their vaccination statuses

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

ShakeZula posted:

He was really well-liked by several of the guys on the Colts who all coincidentally never confirmed or denied their vaccination statuses

lol forgot about that

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Bucs get a new kicker.

https://twitter.com/JCAllenNFL/status/1640809126216232960?t=0V3SAluIdx4GRlvG2HV01Q&s=19

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Chase is cool, did a good job in relief last year after Blankenship melted down in week 1 and got cut. I would've been happy if the Colts had re-signed him.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Scooter to the Falcons.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1640832134133981184?t=C6oXusMiSqNV0iJDEY84WQ&s=19

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Contract makes a lot more sense now.

I mean dude is averaging roughly 9 games played a season over his career. Who was surprised at his contract when it came out?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

ShakeZula posted:

Chase is cool, did a good job in relief last year after Blankenship melted down in week 1 and got cut. I would've been happy if the Colts had re-signed him.

I guess he had a bit of a down year in 2021 but it's always strange to me when teams let pretty reliable kickers go. like how much are you going to save? there's only a couple guys in the league who are clear upgrades and they're not hitting FA

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

I guess they're cheap enough to be a fall guy following a bad loss.

Also, isn't NFL kicking regarded as one of those mentality driven positions where once a players head has gone, they're done?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

drat. Didn’t even take his visits this week.

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1641035306035036161?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bumhead posted:

Also, isn't NFL kicking regarded as one of those mentality driven positions where once a players head has gone, they're done?

The most immediate example I think of is Aguayo. High draft pick, mediocre debut year, immediately did worse once the team's response was to start a competition in preseason, and was never the same. You can recover from injuries or leaves of absence; few recover from being shook

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

I like how we are in the part of the news cycle where a 36 year old rotational defensive end is a splash signing

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Did he get sack #100 yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Did he get sack #100 yet?

He got a one year bag at least that must have been at least somewhat nice to go to the Falcons?

(he's at 99 right now, he'll get there unless he gets injured)