Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/mikegarafolo/status/1641181579434237952?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaRkVnysuMU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Could be a sneaky good pickup

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1641446512155840517?t=X-f5jFc2FiI56csZcY6iFA&s=19

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

We'll only know if he can avoid getting hurt, again.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I picked Irv Smith at the end of the first when I did the Pats in the goon draft a few years ago. In real life they selected N'Keal Harry, and for tight ends ran out the withered husk of Ben Watson, something called Matt LaCosse, and Ryan "in the USFL now" Izzo. The three of whom combined for like 400 yards and 3 TDs lmfao.

I always liked Irv, but yeah, dude just can NOT stay healthy. Would be fun to see him put it together in Cinci if they don't add anyone in the draft.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Irv Smith sucks, he does nothing well

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Also hasn't had a full year since 2020

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It's a one year flyer on a high upside guy. This would be a fine signing if Smith wasn't currently TE1 on the Bengals roster.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

The Puppy Bowl posted:

It's a one year flyer on a high upside guy. This would be a fine signing if Smith wasn't currently TE1 on the Bengals roster.

Woof, didn't realize that

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Woozie66 posted:

I keep hearing this is a mega deep TE draft class so maybe that's part of the plan

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I assume so. Not like it's a huge need for them anyway when they have 3 excellent pass catching options at WR. One of whom can big body like a TE.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Woozie66 posted:

Hurst came to Carolina. I still don't know if he's good or not but he seemed to pop up a lot on third downs when I watched the bengals play

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
I don't think the Bengals really need to stress over replacing Hurst, at least insofar as a 2023 is concerned. They've got three good receivers, and Hurst was basically a crappy dumpoff accumulator. I think there's a good chance that you can just find a guy on the ground or in a dumpster at that point. Doesn't really even have to be a TE, backs will work too.

I think where the Bengals need to be concerned is Higgins and Boyd are in the last year of their deals, they're position flexible but they probably need to add more weapons in general- be it TE, or whatever.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

uzomah and hurst did the job for burrow on cheap deals then got paid as middle of the road TE1s. Irv will too. then somebody else. don't matter

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i lied. it's low end TE1 money for hurst. but a normal deal instead of the lovely "prove it (to someone else)" that cincinnati does. b00m. next man up

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
He's a decent depth piece

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1641567189349089281?t=6czWnAUOKHAAyN_c68Ewag&s=19

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
This seems good

https://twitter.com/gregauman/status/1641582968660545537?t=hm0PTOkbIrGEXZdcmKeyjg&s=19

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
https://twitter.com/_MLFootball/status/1642881052766027778

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Well that'd be an interesting development.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
How hosed are the Cardinals that this is even an option?

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
I guess his contract is maybe a bit rich for his age but surely they could get something

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Chiefs still in the mix, baby

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Or the Cards could just keep him???

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Or the Cards could just keep him???
Yeah usually I can think of a "well this might be whats going on" but uhh, I cant think of anything here.

edit: Oh wait, I got it. They have an ex-Patriots GM.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Yeah I'll believe that when I see it, it makes zero sense for AZ to cut Nuk. He's still a great player, they aren't in cap hell, and he has a huge dead money hit. I haven't read anything about him demanding a trade or threatening to hold out. Unless they're embracing the tank hardcore I don't know why you would dump one of the only good things about your dogshit roster for no return.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
maybe he doesn't like being there or wants to ring chase? have there been any reports of him wanting out (speculation)

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

No one should ever underestimate how cheap (and racist) Michael Bidwill is. He’s probably still pissed at Nuk because a few years ago he had the audacity to speed by a huge motor pool of Trump fans on the I-10, who were flying the Trump/MAGA flags, and flipped them off as he did so.

I honestly wish someone had gotten a picture of it. It made me love Nuk.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Yeah usually I can think of a "well this might be whats going on" but uhh, I cant think of anything here.

edit: Oh wait, I got it. They have an ex-Patriots GM.

Yup

They're genuinely hopeless. Lol.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

SourKraut posted:

I honestly wish someone had gotten a picture of it. It made me love Nuk.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

:hell yeah: Thanks!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I think that's the same Ferrari Patty Mahomes owns.

meant to be

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Can't believe no one will send a 4th for nuk ir that the cards won't just keep him

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

EmbryoSteve posted:

Can't believe no one will send a 4th for nuk ir that the cards won't just keep him

I'd imagine this is the hold up:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

CJ stroud needs weapons

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

CJ stroud needs weapons

Hopkins for like a second would be best case but the GM is a Patriots Way guy so the Panthers might learn from Darnold and get him for free

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

FizFashizzle posted:

CJ stroud needs weapons

Even with that honking contract and Nuk’s age, yeah if I’m Carolina I’m throwing out modest trade offers.

“Take a 6th and swap 7ths, you filthy animal” - Carolina GM to Arizona GM

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
This is odd. He tore his patellar tendon on Christmas. I can't imagine he'd be very useful next year. He's also 32.

https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/1643352664053358594?s=20

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
He any good?

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1643377771538796546?t=euLO8HugTdEOXPeE-o3bAg&s=19

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

wandler20 posted:

This is odd. He tore his patellar tendon on Christmas. I can't imagine he'd be very useful next year. He's also 32.

https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/1643352664053358594?s=20
I uh, I guess maybe because he's a former Jaguar and by the time he's healthy they expect a different OL to be hurt?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I uh, I guess maybe because he's a former Jaguar and by the time he's healthy they expect a different OL to be hurt?

He's a solid backup swing tackle and hopefully he's back healthy and does well. Seems like a good guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

He's almost certainly going to outproduce whatever that contract is. He's solid at both safety spots and a solid big nickel. He's not great at any of those three responsibilities but he is genuinely one of those players who is a jack of all trades. He's an excellent depth player and at least average as a starter.