Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

BrownPepper posted:

incredible example of goon mindset. i agree with him that he is a valid military target- we should scramble fighters immediately

wait lmfao all the times I've read that post I never parsed that last line correctly

how was this dude real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Turdiak.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
baba booey

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

He claimed to be equal to Captain because that was his pay grade as a contractor, wasn't it? Lmao

Lieutenant Colonel, I believe, which is like two ranks higher and somehow all the more pathetic for it

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

i'm a major general in the posting army

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
and the lovely gas my thread

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Honestly stealing valor is cool and more people should do it

BrownPepper
Dec 30, 2017

Psycho Landlord posted:

wait lmfao all the times I've read that post I never parsed that last line correctly

how was this dude real

using advanced levels of logic to come to the conclusion that i too deserve to be blown apart by bombs. the only alternative is having empathy for for somebody on the other team

lol

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

some plague rats posted:

Honestly stealing valor is cool and more people should do it

i used to read a blog called the walter mitty club or some thing and i really appreciated the guys who were in really deep on the lying

like guys who spent 30 years living a fake life as an operator and it coming out that theyve just been going to london to do coke and go to crazy sex parties

dudes rock basically.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

ItohRespectArmy posted:

i used to read a blog called the walter mitty club or some thing and i really appreciated the guys who were in really deep on the lying

like guys who spent 30 years living a fake life as an operator and it coming out that theyve just been going to london to do coke and go to crazy sex parties

dudes rock basically.

It always saddens me when I read about a case of stolen valor where they couldn’t even do the most basic loving research. It’s one thing to start spinning stories at a bar and get caught up in it, sure, whatever, but it seems like there’s always a case where a guy decides to do it and walks into an army surplus store and just grabs a handful of random insignia like, “why yes I’m a Sergeant General in the Navy, look at all of my medals from the Korean War”

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

skeleton warrior posted:

It always saddens me when I read about a case of stolen valor where they couldn’t even do the most basic loving research. It’s one thing to start spinning stories at a bar and get caught up in it, sure, whatever, but it seems like there’s always a case where a guy decides to do it and walks into an army surplus store and just grabs a handful of random insignia like, “why yes I’m a Sergeant General in the Navy, look at all of my medals from the Korean War”

I can't imagine doing actual research to steal valor. gently caress it up as much as you can, you don't want to fool anyone. the whole point is to disrespect the troops as hard as possible and make fun of their stupid little bits of flair and overblown sense of self-importance where they think they deserve any respect at all.

I worked with a guy who wears one of those Vietnam Veteran hats even though hes like 30 which to me is a really good bit

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

the op is missing one of the previous sagas threads

PYF Sagas: Maybe Sagas should be a thread at all

please rectify, tia

edit: somehow I missed that the op doesn't have a list of previous threads at all, ruining my joke entirely

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I’m Commander Shepard and this is the best thread on the forums

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Pablo Nergigante posted:

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Pablo Nergigante posted:

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

some plague rats posted:

I can't imagine doing actual research to steal valor. gently caress it up as much as you can, you don't want to fool anyone. the whole point is to disrespect the troops as hard as possible and make fun of their stupid little bits of flair and overblown sense of self-importance where they think they deserve any respect at all.

I worked with a guy who wears one of those Vietnam Veteran hats even though hes like 30 which to me is a really good bit

Right on, tell those guys who got drafted that they’re fuckers for thinking they get to wear a special hat

selan dyin
Dec 27, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

skeleton warrior posted:

Right on, tell those guys who got drafted that they’re fuckers for thinking they get to wear a special hat

Yeah exactly, vietnam vets didn't actually get spit on when they came back but they should have been

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
There was the griefing thread which is very sagas-like. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2886637

Took a bad turn before being shut down, if I remember correctly.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Pablo Nergigante posted:

thanks captain

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

CubicalSucrose posted:

There was the griefing thread which is very sagas-like. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2886637

Took a bad turn before being shut down, if I remember correctly.

Yeah the griefing thread had some real art hidden in its pages but it was mostly people arguing that something wasn't really griefing/went too far/didn't go far enough/some guy reposting the same Daniel from SL video for the 48th time.

It's still worth a trawl on a slow day imo

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

susan b buffering posted:

rock paper scissors LP

:hmmyes:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Anyone have a link to fe8 reverse recruitment? I don't know how starting with Vanessa's sister and uhhhh Myrrh? Would lead to a legend for the ages.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Anyone have a link to fe8 reverse recruitment? I don't know how starting with Vanessa's sister and uhhhh Myrrh? Would lead to a legend for the ages.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3749611&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Hhhhholy gently caress the twist has blown me over, I am tossed in the wind like a tumblewed.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I always load that thread when I see it linked and it never fails to make me smile

selan dyin
Dec 27, 2007

cant believe ive never seen this jfc ive got whiplash

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

greatest thread of all time

copy
Jul 26, 2007

hes the man after all

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Every time I see the Matthewtheman thread I'm shocked at how long ago it was, it feels like he was just posting about gender swap gas yesterday

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Fire Emblem Reverse Gender Romhack

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Every time I see the Matthewtheman thread I'm shocked at how long ago it was, it feels like he was just posting about gender swap gas yesterday

Am I going mad or wasn’t there a screenshot in Imp Zone where a Matthewtheman was doing a GDQ run?

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

rip black baby goku

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Black Baby Goku posted:

Awesome, thank you Matt. You can count me as a fan for sure

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Abe getting owned every day for a month. OP was just on a whole other level vs the other posters. - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3578905

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

I have never seen this before, its so, so good.please treat yourself if you have never clicked before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

lol it never ever gets old