Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

1) he's probated himself like 4-5 times in the space of as many days all for extremely weird poo poo

2) he constantly posts like hes scared of the monsters under his bed

3) a poster made a big post about how she got abused and manipulated by a discord and they posted this

Harold Fjord posted:

All those 40 year old pedos grooming 24 year olds.

in response

4) he argues with the other IKs people actually like constantly and seems annoyed whenever they say thigns

5) he barely seems to understand anything going on

6) when called out on that post mocking someone who got psychologically manipulated by a weird discord they called themselves 'fully vindicated' because the person who posted it got banned for something only tangentially related

and this isnt some weird 'sagas clique' thing because even he said the thread should come back in this post

quote:

But I'm not impartial, I like the thread and want it back.

i just think he is an extremely bad fit for IK.

thanks

Endorph fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Mar 12, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I am the monsters hiding under his bed :hehe:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
he's a weird guy

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
He's extremely cringe and also everything from the op.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch

IGgy IGsen posted:

also he just doesn't understand the role he's supposed to havs - the other iks all seem to, but he's not fit for the job

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

IGgy IGsen posted:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Secret plan on picking SAD's six IKs leaked from the mod forum:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
yeah i #6 i think is the big concern. it's up to the op to forgive for that but you gotta at least understand *why* it was bad

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I think the guy who gloated about how the poster who he demeaned and dismissed after they posted about sexual harassment and abuse getting banned for an unrelated issue should be de-IK'd at the absolute bare minimum.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
something is wrong with his brain

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Agreed. Even ignoring their unfortunate posting in the past and complete lack of introspection regarding it, they have not functioned effectively as an IK in this subforum.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
make him admin

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Added a couple success stories. Many bad/weird posts. Still surprisingly better than most admin engagement in this forum. Since there are enough good-enough IKs here already, seems fine to drop one. Especially since it helps to start normalizing IK-temporariness, which feels like a good suggestion.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

mork from ork motherfucker

showin up at the continental breakfast bar takes a whole rear end bite out of a banana peel and all

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
Some of you have forgotten how to make up a classic adventuring party, and it shows. Keep the weird incompetent guy.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

Quotey posted:

Some of you have forgotten how to make up a classic adventuring party, and it shows. Keep the weird incompetent guy.

:hmmyes:

aight I've come around, keep him here as a joke

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

never seen this ik do anything to get a thread back on track, instead they just make it about themselves

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Done.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Another SAD success story.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Roth posted:

Done.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

sigh

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

im all for this IK fight to be honest. lets see how this one plays out

E: i tried reopening this thread but the iks fighting to the death from beyond the grave closed it on me. soz all

pog boyfriend fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Mar 12, 2023

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

lol

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
maybe we can just leave this one closed before it gets even worse

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

lol did harold really close + resolve this thread?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

If for not for the reasons in the OP, de-IK him for trying to start an IK knifefight after getting slapped for being a weirdo.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

that's a bold tactic. not sure yet what the placeholder is for, there's nothing else queued. idk what your plan is here Harold but I don't recommend goon in a well

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

keeps changing the thread tag too

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

susan b buffering posted:

lol did harold really close + resolve this thread?

I assumed it was roth, idk how to check someone else's buttons

Fritz the Horse posted:

that's a bold tactic. not sure yet what the placeholder is for, there's nothing else queued. idk what your plan is here Harold but I don't recommend goon in a well

ahahaha he didn't even actually queue anything? hilarious

Visual Basic Bitch
Sep 4, 2019
can't wait to read about this in the sagas thread

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
:suspense: I wonder who will win...

The Postman
May 12, 2007

maybe SAD isn't a total failure after all

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
guy's a loving embarrassment

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Fritz the Horse posted:

its bcos roth probated him earlier for a something that actually deserved it, but if he puts a fun joke then he absolutely ISNT mad :) fantastic ik lol

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Methinks he's epic actually.

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

personmally i think harold is providing a valuable service by demonstrating how quickly goons go insane after being given power

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
How was the decision actually made to give Harold buttons? Was there like a 10 minute window at some point where anyone who asked got made an IK?

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

death cob for cutie posted:

I dunno if IKs can see a thread history or not, but if you go to Endorph's OP there should be "Close" "Edit" etc buttons. If you hit "Edit" there should be a "Thread History" block which gives a record of who's open/closed it or changed the title.

e: like this

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

death cob for cutie posted:

click on edit and see who made the changes

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

I don’t think it’s good enough for him to be de-IK’d

I’d like to know which mod/admin nominated him for this role, and what discussion went into it before it was decided?

The simplest things take an agonizing amount of time to build consensus on and it seems like it would be very easy to see that this Harold guy should hold zero authority on this website

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Reveilled posted:

How was the decision actually made to give Harold buttons? Was there like a 10 minute window at some point where anyone who asked got made an IK?

i assume admins looked at the people who posted and put everyone's names on a dart board and then threw darts till they hit a certain number.