Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

IGgy IGsen posted:

Jeffrey, I realize your silence may be due to you not being fully aware of how to cut a wrestling promo so here's some pointers:

1. The ultimate goal is to build anticipation for the match you're promoting, generating interest for the ppv it's on and thus give everyone a big pay day.
2. You're the heel (bad guy) here and the faster you accept this the better and easier this will be.
3. When you cut a promo as a heel you'll want to insult your opponent. It's okay if it's kinda lame because we're not meant to cheer for you. In this case you could respond to TLDs promo by calling him That Little Bitch, we can later use that as a soundbite for a My Way style package.
4. In your promo always mention the name and time of the event as well as the names of your partners and opponents.

Spoilering the examples in the next part because I think there's some decent material in there and some people might just be along for the ride and want to enjoy this as we go.
5. Put over your opponents. Since you're a heel you shouldn't straight-up compliment them. Instead, you can do that by giving your general feelings on the faces (ex.: "I'm very upset at them for making the mods mad enough that they woke me up") or selling consequences from a previous encounter (ex.: "My rear end is sore!") Alternatively you could can understate the impact of something that happened but sell it physically (ex.: "You call this insane and brutal? I didn't feel anything!" and then you walk away like Rick Rude after he takes an atomic drop.)

Solid Advice! Jeff you should be taking notes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Kild posted:

Solid Advice! Jeff you should be taking notes

(Sound of 56k modem)

Bah god is that Jeffreys music

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

lol bu t a lso a bit sad everyone going to jeffrey "come play with us" and he just shuts his curtains

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

bump

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Jeffrey! Jeffrey! Jeffrey! Jeffrey!

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Yeah c'mon, single combat is the most honourable form of determining who's right and wrong, after all! And hey, there is precedent for the site owner throwing down over a disagreement, what with Lowtax entering the ring with Uwe Boll all those years ago! :D

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
*alarm clock rings*

by god that's Jeffrey of YOSPOS's music!

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

vyelkin posted:

*alarm clock rings*

by god that's Jeffrey of YOSPOS's music!

actually, the opposite

selan dyin
Dec 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRZ7VS7uJHI

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
https://voca.ro/19zQMFoEnjQy

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Vocaroo embeds should work for everyone now

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

quoted before it finished lol

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

You've got a much better promo voice than me, I'll give you that! You need to cross-post in the IZWF thread though, to have your promo formally recorded on the second post of promo fame

The Postman
May 12, 2007

lol the coveted front page

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
lol

another sad success story

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

The Postman posted:

lol the coveted front page

And, given the update rate for the front page, IZWF can expect to stay front-and-centre for at least three years! :D

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

lmfao

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Promising to put izwf on the front page when there is no front page is some great heel work. Dodging the original challenge is too, unfortunately.

Cousin Foomin
Feb 21, 2018

Major Isoor posted:

You've got a much better promo voice than me, I'll give you that! You need to cross-post in the IZWF thread though, to have your promo formally recorded on the second post of promo fame

Don't you dare disparage your promo Major. You sent my dog into the other room with your powerful shock and awe.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Hahahahahaha

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

IGgy IGsen posted:

Promising to put izwf on the front page when there is no front page is some great heel work. Dodging the original challenge is too, unfortunately.

yup classic heel boss guy stuff to turn down the eprsonal cost for monetary instead

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

post for-ever *clap clap clapclapclap*

rox
Sep 7, 2016

oh my god lmao

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

https://voca.ro/1dmfgDE234Gp

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Vocaroo embeds should work for everyone now

lol sick

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
this is the best poo poo ever

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

:letsgo:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

"The living embodiment of the board game Don't Wake Daddy" is sending me holy poo poo

curlingiron
Dec 15, 2006

b l o o p

I love this stupid website so much

Sir Mat of Dickie
Jul 19, 2012

"There is no solitude greater than that of the samurai unless it be that of a tiger in the jungle... perhaps..."

curlingiron posted:

I love this stupid website so much

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
If TLD eventually succeeds and fights Jeff enough times to tire him out and get Larry freed, I feel there should be some catch to it, like when Homer made a deal with the devil in the Simpsons.
Except instead of having a donut head, it should be a spectacle we can all watch and enjoy. For example, having to play against Jeff in a widely announced annual game challenge, to determine the fate of his account for that year. (Either wrestling, or just like, randomised)

I might just be getting too carried away, though! Either way, I suspect it'll never be possible to get a genuinely clean slate for Larry from Jeff. But an imperfect "monkey's paw" kinda deal like the above would surely be feasible, if Larry's Champion TLD manages to succeed against the odds! :D

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
I think you can come back from a permaban, I think synthy should be able to see the rest of the forums, and I think this is the route to do it … in the ring! Jeff, I’ll see your sorry rear end at the PPV next month

rox
Sep 7, 2016

best 10 dollars i ever spent

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

JEFFREY
IS
POOPY

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

That Little Demon posted: