Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

DLC Inc posted:

https://x.com/KXNGAO/status/1784021137267015775

lol I don’t even know what to say. How do they do this to him. Then again,

https://x.com/lyon_cali/status/1784027441511710830

lol punished for congratulating the enemy

Eh maybe. They are trying to push Bron right now. He is going to be a big star and they know it. He has had like 2 matches since WM and both ended very fast with Bron wrecking a dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Mr Hootington posted:

Carmelo "Him" Hayes. Former partner of Trick William on NXT. There was some thought he was going to be drafted since he is usually pretty good on NXT, but he did not have a good showing tonight.

The fed needs a place to train these greenhorns so they don’t embarrass themselves on live tv

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

All of that sucks lmao cowards. completely indefensible

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Apr 27, 2024

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

can’t fraternity with the enemy

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Remember when HGH tried to contract tamper by talking to Swerve and trying, fruitlessly, to come back to work with Top Dolla. A company of dunces.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Mr Hootington posted:

Eh maybe. They are trying to push Bron right now. He is going to be a big star and they know it.

Is he?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Majinfoose posted:

Remember when HGH tried to contract tamper by talking to Swerve and trying, fruitlessly, to come back to work with Top Dolla. A company of dunces.

Swerve is one guy who was completely transparent with how much he disliked Paul so none of this was surprising. I get trying to build guys up but thirty second squash matches are loving terrible decisions when the loser is a talented guy and not a local jobber. You just devalued a guy who was literally drafted by a brand the same night, all you’re doing is making the brand who picked him look loving stupid

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Cedric had the match of his fuckin' life with Kota Ibushi in the 2016 CWC, the fans screamed for HHH to sign him so he did, and this is what they're doing with him now

whole lot of house shows and Main Event on that Cagematch listing, it looks the only thing he ever did on the main roster was a stint with Hurt Business tagging with Shelton Benjamin

burned eight years of this man's career

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTDcQyh0cck

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Swerve shouted out Kofi in a promo on TV and he's the world champion, lol.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Glad now that Vince is gone the company is less of a vindictive shithole...

What's that?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I really wish Dom would get better because I think he makes a pretty funny heel.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

cody rhodes with the w is so much more letters than cody rhodes wins. this defeats the purpose of saying w

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Can bronn actually wrestle or is he just in five minute max squash matches like Goldberg?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

skaboomizzy posted:

Cedric had the match of his fuckin' life with Kota Ibushi in the 2016 CWC, the fans screamed for HHH to sign him so he did, and this is what they're doing with him now

Dude has been getting paid... I bet he's not complaining.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Astro7x posted:

It's WWE, so this is questionable

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Astro7x posted:

SLOMmin' it!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

oldpainless posted:

Can bronn actually wrestle or is he just in five minute max squash matches like Goldberg?

Bronn is pretty good and fun to watch. He is a combination of Rick's and Scott's moves. He does a sick Steiner line, but his superior frankensteiner is gonna kill someone.

Edit:

quote:

Roman Reigns will not be returning to WWE action "in the immediate future."

Via his manager Paul Heyman, Reigns announced on Friday's WWE SmackDown episode that he has withdrawn his eligibility for the 2024 WWE Draft, and will not be returning to the ring any time soon. 

Heyman made the announcement on Reigns' behalf in a backstage interview with Kayla Braxton at the top of SmackDown, framing it as Reigns stepping aside so as not to "hog the spotlight" of the first round of the draft given that Reigns has no immediate plans to return to action. 

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Apr 27, 2024

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

I hope Cody was just selling the arm to save the spot but then isn't it like "he hurt his shoulder real bad not hitting a wrestling move in a funny looking way"

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Shard posted:

Not liking the anti vet stuff happening right now

Agreed. Sick animals need doctors too.

American, (and other countries) soldiers can suck my arse though. Retired or not.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Remember that Cedric vs Mustafa match where they kept screaming HEART and SOUL at each other the whole time for some reason?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

No

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Drakkel posted:

Remember that Cedric vs Mustafa match where they kept screaming HEART and SOUL at each other the whole time for some reason?

lol@ remembering Mustafa Ali in WWE. His Moments have passed!

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

we got osprey at home

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I caught Carmelo’s entrance last night on smackdown and he came out to dead silence. I’m not exaggerating at all, they cut to the performance Center during his entrance and the 40 people watching there made more noise than the 10k plus in the arena. In the few minutes I watched the only thing the crowd seemed in to was the Wooaaah during Cody’s entrance. For all this new era talk they went right to commercial after a minute of match time too.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I caught Carmelo’s entrance last night on smackdown and he came out to dead silence. I’m not exaggerating at all, they cut to the performance Center during his entrance and the 40 people watching there made more noise than the 10k plus in the arena. In the few minutes I watched the only thing the crowd seemed in to was the Wooaaah during Cody’s entrance. For all this new era talk they went right to commercial after a minute of match time too.

But the cameras are a little different and sometimes someone gets a neat entrance. So you'll find it's actually nothing but five star bangers now, your favorite wrestlers are alive again and at their peak, and your dad finally came back with the smokes he was getting plus a puppy.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

CopywrightMMXI posted:

maybe they couldn’t see him over the barriers?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

tony kahn... reveal yourself

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

5 Glorbo match. Would passively be sports entertained-ish again.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Any time I hear the word "banger" in the context of wrestling, I'm going to laugh at the Usos lol

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Dango Bango posted:

Any time I hear the word "banger" in the context of wrestling, I'm going to laugh at the Usos lol

banger bros

vivazomo
Nov 4, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

Bron's not that much bigger than the 205 Live jobber he's squashing here.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

This is the most sports entertained I've been in years

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
So what's the point of WWE Speed when the matches on the actual TV show are 1/6th the duration of a Speed match?

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Drakkel posted:

So what's the point of WWE Speed when the matches on the actual TV show are 1/6th the duration of a Speed match?

With Speed they get to cozy up to Elon Musk and give him content geared towards the Twitter demographic (insane people).

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Doing a show centred around a draft and then having a total of 4 people swap shows and 2 call ups seems dumb imo

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Drakkel posted:

Getting money from an idiot with more money than sense. (This would still be true if Elon Musk had $1 to his name)

Shard
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 12 minutes!

BrigadierSensible posted:

Agreed. Sick animals need doctors too.

American, (and other countries) soldiers can suck my arse though. Retired or not.

gently caress off with this poo poo.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

is this a wrestling thread or what

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

lmfao it's the mistime followed by Cody landing right on his arm that does it for me. Hope he's okay but this is a very funny clip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

is this a wrestling thread or what

no it’s a wwe thread