Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

Porfiriato posted:

I'm as tired of Laker-centric media as the next normal NBA fan, but someone really needs to sneak into Mike Malone's office and change the radio off ESPNLA so he'll stop with these woe-is-us takes

You're the #1 seed and up 2-0 on the fraudulent Lakers!! Who cares what some talking heads think

https://apnews.com/article/nikola-jokic-nuggets-espn-lisa-salters-31566fb8b829c8062bcba739c812d3a7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
Again, it doesn’t hurt that perception when an ESPN reporter has never seen the 2 time MVP play and had no idea he was that good because he’s on a small market team.

Should that bother him as coach? No. Should he use it to motivate his players? Yeah.

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

Aye Doc posted:

this postseason has been a long and helpful re-education on why you should never get invested in a sports team

Counterpoint: I’m a Nuggets fan.

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
Well he’s incredibly rich so it can be assumed he’s awful.

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

DeimosRising posted:

Playoff Jamal is a top 5 guard but regular season Jamal is like top 15. I honestly cannot think of another player, ever, with as big and consistent a discrepancy between their regular and post season play

Here’s stats on that. It’s not just you, his difference in quality is an outlier.

https://theathletic.com/4596782/2023/06/09/jamal-murray-nba-playoffs-performance-denver-nuggets/

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

R.D. Mangles posted:

If the Heat want to win this one, they're going to need a big game from Jimmy Butler and Bam Abedayo. But Nikola Jokic and the Nuggets have a championship on their mind!

Thanks, Magic.

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

RaySmuckles posted:

imagine your 47th rando pick turning out to be the best in the world and taking you to your first championship ever

Not saying they would all be Jokic, but how many more rando 47th picks would turn into really good players if they had a supported and consistent coach and system to grow with for 7 years?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

temple posted:

You were never making it to the league.

Well yeah that would have required me to play organized ball at like any point in my life.