Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I like the shoulder swoop, though it does feel pretty Bengals with it on there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

lobster shirt posted:

after a photo of the new texans uniforms leaked, cal mcnair (or someone using his account) posted a better photo on the texans subreddit today

not really sure...

So...they're the Atlanta Falcons now?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I mean - they're an improvement over the current ones, but you're basically going from the 30th best jerseys to the 25th. They still suck.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I think I said it in another thread but I was actually suprised that in a division with two other teams who feature blue in their uniform, one of them blue is exclusively one of two colors and the other its a dark blue and.... the Texans went with two-tone with one of those tones being dark blue. Like... how much do these clowns that design this stuff get paid?

enigma105
Mar 16, 2004

His record...it's over 9-7!!!

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I think I said it in another thread but I was actually suprised that in a division with two other teams who feature blue in their uniform, one of them blue is exclusively one of two colors and the other its a dark blue and.... the Texans went with two-tone with one of those tones being dark blue. Like... how much do these clowns that design this stuff get paid?

AFCS MMXXIV: I just blue myself

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
texans cant steal the titans oilers throwbacks so instead they're biting the titans' current navy smh

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

They already had dark blue unis though

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Intruder posted:

They already had dark blue unis though
Right, but... they're doing a redesign. They can pick pretty much whatever they want. Why chose to lean into dark blue when a division rival already uses it and another division rival is solely blue and white? Use more red with blue as an accent or something.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Those unis are too Falcons-y for me

e: I see I was beaten to this but I mean look at them

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Never cede an inch in a division about anything ever. It's a war for control of blue and kingdom.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

enigma105 posted:

AFCS MMXXIV: I just blue myself

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Blue Man Position Group

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Nervous posted:

Never cede an inch in a division about anything ever. It's a war for control of blue and kingdom.
This is why the Jaguars will wallow in their own filth for eternity.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Right, but... they're doing a redesign. They can pick pretty much whatever they want. Why chose to lean into dark blue when a division rival already uses it and another division rival is solely blue and white? Use more red with blue as an accent or something.

well we haven't seen the alternates yet

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
There's also Not Columbia Blue, We Swear coming into the Texans unis.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Big Jeff

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
https://twitter.com/schultz_report/status/1771374117343703399?s=46

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Love the move this gm is cooking

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

a 2025 3rd and a 2024 7th round swap, lmao

ran carthon you beautiful bastard

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

https://x.com/grindsimmons94/status/1771390846208004290?s=61&t=O55Kp0zecb0FlJr_wx9TaQ

big jeff is pleased

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Who needs third rounders

Ran making some loving moves.

jeff
Dec 1, 2002
huh
Joseph Vincent Flacco

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Hello big Jeff.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Texans restructured Tytus Howard to bump their cap room back up to $31m

Wonder if they have a trade about to happen (Higgins?) or maybe want to go ahead and give Nico Collins a long term deal

e: seeing 27m in one place, 31m in another, either way they freed up 10.5m in cap space by restructuring

Intruder fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Mar 30, 2024

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

https://x.com/rapsheet/status/1775539055641428130?s=46

Sheesh. At least the Titans rebuilt that secondary.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
drat, Texans are going hard. Good for them.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

yessssssssssssssssss get the heck in

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Their collapse into finishing 2nd in the division will be very funny

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
This division rules

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Compensation was peanuts and the Bills are carrying $31m in dead cap from it. They think he’s washed.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

gently caress yeah

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

As a Bills fan, I would loving love to see Stroud with Diggs demolish the Chiefs in the AFC championship.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I can't believe Caserio actually turned out to be a good GM. Makes me wonder just how bad Easterby was

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I mean wasn’t easterby known for having beef with the Nasty Man? I’m sure he sucked otherwise but at least he was right about that lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Easterby hired a Ravens WR coach as head coach to try to appease the nasty man. It wasn't until everything came out publicly that he had no choice but to disavow him, and then it turned out he likely knew about all of it the whole time

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

HELL YEAH!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Intruder posted:

Easterby hired a Ravens WR coach as head coach to try to appease the nasty man.

IIRC, nasty man wanted them to interview Eric Bieniemy, but they only interviewed him belatedly that year before hiring Culley.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Yeah he wanted Bieniemy. Man did his stock nosedive, what even happened? Exposed once he no longer had Mahomes?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Soul Glo posted:

Compensation was peanuts and the Bills are carrying $31m in dead cap from it. They think he’s washed.

Not necessarily peanuts. The pick has a good shot at being top 40

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Intruder posted:

Yeah he wanted Bieniemy. Man did his stock nosedive, what even happened? Exposed once he no longer had Mahomes?

That's been a subject of much discussion the last few years, particularly in the annual hot seat/coaching thread. There's rumors he doesn't interview well, but whether that's true or just code for something else (Race) isn't entirely clear. The Chiefs constantly being on deep playoff runs probably limited his abilities to interview to some extent. He was OC longer than either of the guys who proceeded him, Pederson and Nagy, but they never had Mahomes while Bieniemy did. Mahomes has spoken highly of him, as have other former players he coaches (Going back to his time as a position coach), but that's not uncommon and it's not clear how much of what happened in Kansas City can be attributed to him vs Mahomes and Reid. Last year he was the OC in Washington, and while the offense had a few flashes here and there (Like, one or two early games), it mostly struggled. IIRC, their offensive line was historically bad: They gave up 65 sacks and there was a point where Howell was on pace to break Carr's record, so he was let go with the rest of the coaching staff (Which admittedly, the new owner had inherited). Meanwhile, we all know what Kansas City did and while they had struggles in the regular season, it wasn't due to Mahomes not hitting guys in the hands. Bieniemy had some history of working in college before, so now he's the OC of UCLA, where he was a position coach 20~ years ago.