Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Maybe he’s a Jedi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Quiet Feet posted:

This has been pretty much my take for years. It's a team that always has talent but the coaching sucks.

Jerry will never make the mistake of hiring another Jimmy Johnson.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

euphronius posted:

Maybe he’s a Jedi

as a prequel knower you must realize this is an argument in my favor

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The colts had a rough 2001 and 2002. Still, through some absolute dogshit teams, Peyton still has more wins when getting beat bad than dak. From 1998-2002 he's 3-22 regular season and 0-1 playoffs. I've gotta hit the road and will finish this tomorrow.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Mr. Nice! posted:

The colts had a rough 2001 and 2002. Still, through some absolute dogshit teams, Peyton still has more wins when getting beat bad than dak. From 1998-2002 he's 3-22 regular season and 0-1 playoffs. I've gotta hit the road and will finish this tomorrow.

Hell, Peyton has 3 memorable comebacks from down multiple scores I can easily recall off the top of my head: The 2003 MNF game in Tampa where they scored 3 TDs in the last five minutes to force OT where they won after the leaping penalty bailed out Vanderjagt, the classic 2006 AFC Championship game where they were down 21-3 in the 2nd quarter/21-6 at halftime and eventually won 38-34, and the 2012 MNF game in San Diego where the Chargers led 24-0 at halftime and then I don't think he had an incompletion in the 2nd half as they won 35-24, capped by a Rivers pick 6.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Oh yeah, I have barely scratched the surface of Peyton’s illustrious career. I just know already that he’s going to end up with a better record than Dak because he already has more wins and I know that he’ll have more. I’m just hopping in the car for a drive and can’t complete the data collection.

Garrapolo is next.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Eli Manning could have been a torso with no limbs who did nothing, and simply by winning that first superbowl he'd be in the hall. That he won a 2nd, and that he played an active role in both of em, cements it.

There isn't a stat in the world that could shake his place loose from the HoF.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Shinjobi posted:

Eli Manning could have been a torso with no limbs who did nothing, and simply by winning that first superbowl he'd be in the hall. That he won a 2nd, and that he played an active role in both of em, cements it.

There isn't a stat in the world that could shake his place loose from the HoF.

Thank you for acknowledging the glory of Eli Manning

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Mr. Nice! posted:

Someone give me another four year starter (don't care if it's multiple teams) to compare against Dak's clutchness after we've definitely seen that he's not as good as Mark Sanchez.

I'll bet you can get a good 4 year stretch where Derek Carr was absolutely more clutch than Dak

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Carrs usually have clutch yes

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

fartknocker posted:

Thank you for acknowledging the glory of Eli Manning

I will never forget grumpy Bellichik wandering off in defeat, clad in super bowl hoodie. One of the all time greatest moments in the sport, lmao

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Hall of fame became a joke when they put Hester in. Inexcusable.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

HoF hasn’t been a big deal for a long time. Look at the TO situation vs Urlacher. Its politics bullshit

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Eli Manning is the Forrest Gump of the NFL

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I saw over a hundred new posts and thought someone had died.

Instead, it’s this totally bizarre poo poo. Prescott Derangement Syndrome, PDS!

Never change, NFCE fans!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I agree, Eli won 6 Oscars/is getting in the Hall. Dak is the The Witches or Welcome to Marwen/isn't getting in the Hall

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

blarzgh posted:

Nah. Eli isn't nearly that fast.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

blarzgh posted:

Eli didn't travel nearly enough.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://x.com/PFF_Washington/status/1772980169105404229?s=20

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Big time offseason win.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I’m reading Book of the New Sun and this quote seemed relevant to our happy little thread

Citadel of the Autarch posted:

"You're a materialist, like all ignorant people. But your materialism doesn't make materialism true. Don't you know that? In the final summing up, it is spirit and dream, thought and love and act that matter."

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Washington leads the division in off-season titles since 2000

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Harlock posted:

Washington leads the division in off-season titles since 2000

The eagles vehemently disagree.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Never forget the Eagles Dream Team.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Eagles Dream Team was hilarious, but don’t forget all the big swings and misses Washington had in the early 00s by bringing in various former All-Pros or washed up future HoFers, and that’s all before we get to Fat Albert Haynesworth.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Who is playing QB for Washington

That seems like it should have figured into their grade

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://youtu.be/D7Avgs6g68o?si=7p2y0nBiT5ZQ6ytB

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Never forget the Eagles Dream Team.
Let the record show this was coined by an extremely washed Vince Young who was in town for like 10 minutes

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Eagles two years ago were a dream team headed by a bad QB and bad coach that lucked their way into the Super Bowl in a terrible conference. They were such a dream team that despite proving nothing and having a bad QB and Coach they still almost won that Super Bowl despite being too stupid to switch up cleats. They were insanely talented.

It makes the loss so much better.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Well, you made that post and it was read by some. Congrats

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Doltos posted:

Eagles two years ago were a dream team headed by a bad QB and bad coach that lucked their way into the Super Bowl in a terrible conference. They were such a dream team that despite proving nothing and having a bad QB and Coach they still almost won that Super Bowl despite being too stupid to switch up cleats. They were insanely talented.

It makes the loss so much better.

I agree, it makes the loss so much better

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Even better you can still tell that Eagles fans are defensive about their failure and will be for the next ten years

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://x.com/BenStandig/status/1773446358906618264?s=20

Kinda small, he got the turbo speed?

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Don't be that insufferable Giants fan that makes neutral parties reconsider their appreciation for Eli Manning and those inexplicable Superbowl wins against The Great Satan

Then again, I'd probably lash out too if my garbage team gave Daniel Jones that contract

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Black Lighter posted:

I agree, it makes the loss so much better

Lol the fact that we even got that far was awesome, I feel no disappointment over that game at all

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Black Sunshine posted:

Don't be that insufferable Giants fan that makes neutral parties reconsider their appreciation for Eli Manning and those inexplicable Superbowl wins against The Great Satan

Then again, I'd probably lash out too if my garbage team gave Daniel Jones that contract

Oh nooooo not black sunshine reconsidering supporting eli whatever will I do

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Someone needs a nap!

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Big time offseason win.

We just signed Albert Haynesworth and Adam Archuleta - Super Bowl Incoming!

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Just thinking about how Asomugha went from a top 5 corner to washed the day he arrived in Philly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Didn’t he go from zone to m2m or something