Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Game fun but also suffers from common teamgame ailment: pubbies with no mics and pubbies who ignore objectives.

I'd say 1 out of 6 Arc games has team coordination/comms going on. Otherwise it's just constant "why the gently caress are you spending all my blue ore building walls away from the ARC?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Ardent Communist posted:

Phase 2 includes a horde game mode, manned hmg emplacements, and a new zone on malaka map. plus mutators (more info soon?) and stats.
phase 3 is supposed to have class progression 2.0, abilities upgrade, hives, rewards systems and special weapon swapping.

Couple more phases are planned after that but i can't be arsed to type it all out.

Mutators is probably like mutations in Back 4 Blood. EG some bugs have armor or explode causing damage.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
I'm not sure I get the point of the SAW. You chew through ammo, with only marginal gains on bugs killed. The Morita is best in class, and the reload time on the SAW seems to make the Morita a much more efficient bug killer, even when they're right on you.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

DoubleT2172 posted:

Agreed. I highly doubt you'll find team players willing to sit and repair your gun as you fire it too

Assuming it doesn't require reloading, I don't see how it's any different than a static weapons emplacement that has a cooldown timer. They've just provided a way to skip the cooldown if you've got good teammates.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
New patch sucks. 8 minutes to wipe out a patrol? And only two total in veteran? 4 second cooldown on Ore/Gas?

And don't get me started on Oops! All Drones! Absolute worst mutator. So many drones were spawning at the base that I didn't get attacked once walking solo 450+ meters to and from to get gas.

Veteran Arc mode was already too easy, I don't know why they made it even easier.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Did this most recent patch unfuck veteran ARC?

I haven't been back since they mutator patch made it a snoozefest.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Horde mode is fun, but grenade launcher is bugged. It only does damage if you hit the bug directly.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
I think horde mode will be a lot more beatable if they fix grenade launchers. Right now they're close to useless.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
As a KDR whore, I do not understand caring about KDR in a pve game. Who gives a poo poo?

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
This is my workout game so I play it every night. IIRC they rolled back the most egregious ARC changes (the ones that made it too easy). I only play horde mode though, so ARC is a faint memory.

Still a very fun game.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Fishstick posted:

They broke my baby boy grenade launcher though. Still salty about that.

Still the best gun in the game that's not the morita. Massive stagger is still there, and you kill 3-4 bugs per clip easy.

But agreed. It needed some nerfing, but not that much.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

CuddleCryptid posted:

Is the Mortia good now? At launch the DRM was the only one that could kill a warrior in less than 3/4ths of a clip.

I meant the DRM. They're all Moritas.

They also buffed the SAW some from launch. Much bigger clip, better kill power.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

GruntyThrst posted:

They need to get weak points into the game ASAP

Agreed. It would boost player retention.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Overall I think I like the recent update. It's so hard to tell though, since the servers are basically impossible to play on with rubber banding.

Not really a good look when you're trying to keep people playing your game.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

BeAuMaN posted:

New update: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1268750/view/3705959047641122403?l=english

Bastion auto shotgun got buffed
Hunter shotgun got more range

Magazine bandolier now applies to shotguns
Stims got nerfed
Warriors give 2xp per kill now

among other things.

I hope it fixes rubber banding.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
No noticeable drop in frames for me on the new map, but I'm running a brand new PC with a 4070 so :shrug:

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Current gamemodes aren't super well balanced. The inferno bug is basically near impossible to destroy in vet horde mode. It may be fine in other modes where you can get a grenade launcher close but in vet horde you're pretty reliant on sniper rifles to pick off the specials and can't venture far from cover.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

McTimmy posted:

It's because they only announced it today.

They've got a discord they're (way too) active in posting updates on. It's been announced for awhile, on there at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

CuddleCryptid posted:

I think it's telling that they have put in entirely new game modes and overhauled the class system but AFAIK the part of the game you do the most, ie shooting, still doesn't have a weak point system.

It doesn't, but they did significantly weaken the bugs. Inferno bug is now much more killable with bullets, and tiger is a lot weaker, even in hard modes.