Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

That guy looks sick as hell, the dust is really nice.

Your photos are also amazing, which is a whole separate feat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beffer
Sep 25, 2007

Last day oathing
Extreme oathing

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

You want die?
Oath Complete!

Blue Dragon with a Cold vibe...

Enjoyed painting this guy, but annoyed I couldn't clean up the mould lines as best as I have could (it's always late drybrushing these turn up...)

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

You want die?

I wish I could paint tiny dudes like this, but my eyes are so old (even magnifying glasses don't help), cool stuff...

Beffer
Sep 25, 2007
I, Before, oath to paint three mooks from Archon Studios Woodhaven townsfolk in September!

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

You want die?
September Oathing!

Thanks everyone for continuing to participate in the thread, love seeing everyone’s work lots of cool stuff (and variety!)

Anyhow came up with a new prompt for this month…

Three (or more) is Company or just ‘Company’

Paint at least 3 separate minis, which may or may not have a common theme/style.

This one for people like me who still have too many figs to paint…

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

You want die?
September Oath!

A company of 4 townspeople and some furniture scenery, a couple are Reaper and the rest maybe Wiz Kids.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I guess I'll take a break from Demonship stuff and go with the theme

September Oath - 1 Squad for Majestic 13

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.
SEPTEMBER OATH

Finish building, then completely paint this Leviathan Dreadnought and these Cataphractii in time for Warzone Houston.

I'll also be doing more of the O Group 12mm models in the background, but these are in a time crunch and must be done in two weeks.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Oathing for the weekend

This legally distinct, definitely not Tifa from FF7

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Well my very small selection of flesh tones kind of didn't cut it and I think.. the 20 year old pot of bronze flesh has actually gone bad. But she's done! Oath complete!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I moths oath a Genestealer Cult Combat Patrol (worth of infantry) (except for the truck) for September:

(Some of these are from elsewhere and it looks like I'd started to put blue on.)

Beffer
Sep 25, 2007
Oath complete

Three dudes painted and photographed one even in focus!

I nearly killed myself trying to do eyes that I didn't hate. I don't love them, but after 18 (eighteen) painted eyes, I landed on these.
More fun was painting the silly striped trousers.

And this completes my warband who you can see emerging from the Lost Caves of Retaining Wall having proven, once and for all, that there are no trolls in these caves.

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.
OATH COMPLETE

Got these done for Warzone Houston last week, and put them on the table over the weekend. For a bonus round I'm going to try to finish the last company of my Operation Bagration Germans.

Beffer
Sep 25, 2007
Bonus oath!

I didn't actually oath this for September, but as we're casually swearing...

I finished my warband (see post a couple above), and rolled the start of a new Five Leagues campaign. The first thing that happened was that the party was waylaid before even reaching town. The battle took place along a river. I don't (didn't) have river terrain and have in the past fudged it with printed out, scaled up river battle map images from inkarnate, but it was a bit poo poo. Years ago I saw a video of someone painting terrain on the back of transparent plastic, so I thought I'd have a September crack at it. And here it is:

Still a bit poo poo, but it was a fun and quick project. And cheap: the plastic was AU$10 for 10m2 and craft paint that I have enough of to last a lifetime. Thanks kids.

The trick is that you want to paint on the reverse side of the plastic so your minis aren't trampling all over it. So you have to paint backwards; foreground to background. It's hard to get your head around. And if you let it dry and try to blend over the top of it, that doesn't work as you don't see that when you turn it over to the playing side. See for reference the darker blue pools. One positive discovery was that I taped the plastic down to scrap cardboard to protect the surface of my table while I painted. I then realised I could draw what I wanted on the cardboard as a plan. This was very helpful, and if I do this again, I will take more time to do that properly.

Anyway a fun, cheap and quick project to add some (slightly less poo poo) terrain casually sworn.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Oath Complete!

Holy crap that was a lot of painting. I'll definitely be doing another detail pass at some point, but I'm thrilled with how everybody turned out.

I absolutely love that the Tyranids think that 7' tall psychic supermodel would be an inconspicuous cover for the Magus.

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath to paint this necromancer (GW) in September!

I managed to catch some flu or covid or whatever so a bit under the weather. Lets hope this work out!

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Oath complete!

Beffer
Sep 25, 2007
Beautiful

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

You want die?
Oath Complete!

A company of townsfolk and some scenery -

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Oath complete!

Majestic 13 squad done

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I came to post my completed miniatures and then realized I never actually posted the oath for them. :v: So great job me! Instead I had to scramble for a new oath. I don't know if this counts because I'm posting it all together, if it doesn't then at least consider the spirit of the thing kept!

I, Ashcans, oath this Reaper Bones scatter terrain for September

And hurriedly painted this evening:

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

SEPTEMBER BONUS OATH

I was able to finish the rest of this battalion for O Group with a few supports. Which leads into:

OCTOBER OATH

The goal here is to repeat the above picture, but for the Soviets.

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

You want die?
October Oathing!

Another great month for oathing thank you!

Gotta go in with this month theme as Spooky for traditions sake (though I gotta find something spooky for me to do...)

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

The other game I'm trying to get set up for is Dread Nights, so I should probably get spoopy with it

October Oath: Six (6) Fell Wargs that I'll be using as werewolves

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

that's Doctor Brain to you
October Oath: my Hearthkyn Salvager Kill Team

Beffer
Sep 25, 2007
I, Beffer, oath to paint these three scratch built ruined buildings (but not my skirting boards)

Edit: adding a time stamped photo of primed ruins for posterity!

Edit2: adding a couple of Gobbo shootas

Beffer fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Oct 8, 2023

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Remembering to do this properly this month!

In recognition of the spooky month, I, Ashcans, oath these 8 undead pirates from Reaper Bones

Beffer
Sep 25, 2007
Oath complete

I like painting terrain. You don't have to be too meticulous and you can just have fun with it. especially scratch built pieces like these (with thanks or apologies to Devs and Dice who provided the instructions, templates and posters on YouTube)

And here are some close ups with the two bonus gobboes: a shoota and a netta! Also fun and quick to paint.

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

that's Doctor Brain to you

Muir posted:

October Oath: my Hearthkyn Salvager Kill Team

Finished my Hearthkyn Salvager Kill Team, which was also the test run for my full Leagues of Votann army paint scheme. I'm very happy with how they turned out, and I feel like I hit a new personal best for clean edge highlights.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

vaporwave dwarves rule

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

You want die?
October Oath!

A couple of adventurers ready to go up against a spooky bone devil. Reaper and wizkids maybe...?

Had been playing a lot of Darkest Dungeon, and when I found that plague doctor I decided to try and make that a sort of a theme. Certainly spooky enough...

Also I decided I didn't really like the worldtimeserver site anymore as the background pic, back in the day it looked fine but then they hosed it up with adds and just broke the site. This time server site is a least a bit cleaner.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Oath Complete!

I haven't really been feeling it when painting recently. :( Fortunately these are just Bones dudes for whatever I need skeletons for so I decided to just power through on a basic paint job. Still good to get them done!

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath to paint this orc chucker (GW) in Orktober!

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

OATH COMPLETE

Completed the Soviet Battalion and a few support units to go along with it.

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Oath complete!

Had to recreate my orc blood bowl team colours from 7-8 years ago.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Oath Complete!

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

You want die?
Oath Progress!

Was a troublesome month, did get some work done but don't want to call this complete:

Beffer
Sep 25, 2007
I, Beffer, swear to paint this GW beastman (bestigor?) and some scatter terrain from Archon Studios this November

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rain dogs
Apr 19, 2020

I, rain dogs, swear to rebase and finish basing all these orks by the end of November, with a stretch goal of assembling and painting the several nobz in the back.