Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheCondor
Oct 30, 2010
Glad this thread's still around, been doing more painting than I used to but still plenty of backlog

I'll oath for November: the rest of this Necron kill team roster and some reanimation tokens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

You want die?
November Oathing!

Sorry I'm late kicking things off, thanks to those who oathed already this month. Anyhow I'm gonna go with some variation of wet this time, any sort of of watery damp look you might want to get in there. Or not since I'm late! Anyhow let's get some things painted one way or another :-)

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I, Ashcans, oath this modified Penitent Engine for November!

Not sure if I can make it wet, maybe I'll get it done in time to add something with that theme.

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

that's Doctor Brain to you
I, Muir, Oath these wet bois, Cyreni's Razors from Warhammer Underworlds: Deathgorge, along with their opponents The Thricefold Discord:

TheCondor
Oct 30, 2010
Some of the glowy bits didn't turn out exactly like I had hoped and the red dust might be a little intense, but gonna call this complete so I can get them varnished and on the tabletop

Douche Phoenix
Oct 25, 2014
I, Douche Phoenix, oath the rest of these rats for November.

Maybe this will be enough of a break from space dwarves to get my enthusiasm for painting back up.

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

Muir posted:

I, Muir, Oath these wet bois, Cyreni's Razors from Warhammer Underworlds: Deathgorge, along with their opponents The Thricefold Discord:

I am altering the oath, pray I do not alter it any further.

For whatever reason, I just wasn't feeling the models I oathed at first for right now. I will revisit them later. But for November, instead I'll be doing Darth Vader, Jango Fett, Cad Bane, Aurra Sing, and two bounty hunters from Star Wars: Shatterpoint.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Oath complete!

Continuing to work on taking better photos, I set up a booth but my camera was giving me issues so I had to revert to phone.

I'm not totally happy with the base but also feeling done messing with it.

Beffer
Sep 25, 2007
Oath complete!

My beastie boy looking down on a campsite I made along with the scatter bits I oathed.

Here he is in close up calculating the drop and whether he can land in the tent to break his fall. Sure, he's all about chaos, but he's not crazy.

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

Muir posted:

I am altering the oath, pray I do not alter it any further.

For whatever reason, I just wasn't feeling the models I oathed at first for right now. I will revisit them later. But for November, instead I'll be doing Darth Vader, Jango Fett, Cad Bane, Aurra Sing, and two bounty hunters from Star Wars: Shatterpoint.

Oath complete!

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath to paint this Bertha Bestraufrung (GW) in November!

Excuse the atrocious photo quality.

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Oath complete!

Beffer
Sep 25, 2007
That face is fantastic

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
I oath by March 1st, I will have at least 50 pages (Microsoft Word count, with minimal formatting) written for a D&D style Fantasy Setting.

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

You want die?
Oath Progress!

Have had a hard time getting back into painting, just been too busy with non painting things. I did make progress on the trio i had from last month, which are here:

But I don't like them enough yet and will continue next month!

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

You want die?

I love QQd's last day of the month oaths, always crazy (good) quality...

rain dogs
Apr 19, 2020

Oath complete. I didn't get to finish painting the nobs, because my LGS decided not to put my paint order in but everyone is based and legal.

For December I oath to finish these two trucks

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

You want die?

Muir posted:

Oath complete!

I love all these dudes they are just ready to go, also the backgrounds

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

You want die?

Ashcans posted:

I'm not totally happy with the base but also feeling done messing with it.

I'd just jam some random extra flock on the base and it'll look fine! Nice fig!

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

gameraMan posted:

I love all these dudes they are just ready to go, also the backgrounds

Thanks! Among the many things I love about Shatterpoint, the core set comes with several large cardboard scenic backgrounds.

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

You want die?
December Oathing!

Ok so I think this month I'll suggest leaning one of two directions

Tis the Season so play up the bright and snowy seasonal thing and or possibly
Winter's Wolves go in on more of a cold and dark vibe, whatever that might mean in terms of fur or tone...

Possible inspirational video for the latter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYCreOzCxP8

Ok maybe a not of wolves in that one but it has the tone I'm thinking of...

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

For December, I oath some more Shatterpoint: B2 Battle Droids, Magna Guards, Kraken, and Count Dooku.

Douche Phoenix
Oct 25, 2014
Late November Oath Complete

Due to unforseen circumstances this had been delayed a few days.
These were some fun little guys to paint. Learned a few things like that I need to find a very stuff brush to make very thin lines because the ones I have are apparently not stuff enough.
Time to probably Oath some dorfs in the near future.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I, Ashcans, oath 5 Ork Slugga Boyz for December

https://imgur.com/a/vUjbalx

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

You want die?
I, gameraMan, Oath One Troll Plus Others for December!

Old Earthdawn Troll warrior mini, plus just trying to finish the other dudes I've been working on for like 3 months.

Beffer
Sep 25, 2007
I, Beffer, would like to oath a bridge made of sticks and rubbish, but the weather in Sydney is too good and I think I'll be at the beach so Oath Failed, before I even started!

Finishing the year as an oathbreaker but happy with my decision.

Edit! Scratch that. The weather has been great, but we've had some days that have been too hot to hang outside. So I've had some time to do some mucking around with sticks and bark and gravel and popsicles, and so...

I, Beffer, swear to paint this troll infested bridge, maybe

Beffer fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Dec 17, 2023

Beffer
Sep 25, 2007
Oath complete!

So the weather has been a bit iffy. Sometimes beautiful but sometimes too hot to go to the beach and sometimes, like today, too wet.

So...
I'm sure there's a troll under this bridge.

There he is!

Scratch built and dodgy in all sorts of ways, but I really enjoy making and painting terrain. The process is so relaxed as you're constrained by your tools and materials, so don't have to strive for perfection. It feels like a great release for me, and a real counterpoint to my very slow painting process for minis (which I also enjoy but is very different).

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath to paint this Chaos Sorcerer on horse (GW) in December!

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Oath complete!

Edit: I know you like my one day paintjobs, so here is a WIP photo at the end of the first session, I sadly could not finish it in one go but got really close!
Find the differences.

with a rebel yell she QQd fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Dec 28, 2023

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Very nice. I see some edge highlighting, the little white bit on the left arm. Some ink or staining, like the little arrowhead shaped medallion on the harness between the two skulls went from silver to rusted. Maybe some basing? Hard to make out the basing in the lighting, which btw is otherwise fantastic, you take very good photos of your work.

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Leperflesh posted:

Very nice. I see some edge highlighting, the little white bit on the left arm. Some ink or staining, like the little arrowhead shaped medallion on the harness between the two skulls went from silver to rusted. Maybe some basing? Hard to make out the basing in the lighting, which btw is otherwise fantastic, you take very good photos of your work.

Indeed, mostly just spent time on the stuff on the staff, some pouches, belts(?) on his hands and the metals/armor trims.

The base is just black right now, because I have no idea what size will be needed in The Old World yet!

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

Muir posted:

For December, I oath some more Shatterpoint: B2 Battle Droids, Magna Guards, Kraken, and Count Dooku.

Not quite my ideal level of finish, but tabletop ready:

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Beffer posted:

Oath complete!

So the weather has been a bit iffy. Sometimes beautiful but sometimes too hot to go to the beach and sometimes, like today, too wet.

So...
I'm sure there's a troll under this bridge.

There he is!

Scratch built and dodgy in all sorts of ways, but I really enjoy making and painting terrain. The process is so relaxed as you're constrained by your tools and materials, so don't have to strive for perfection. It feels like a great release for me, and a real counterpoint to my very slow painting process for minis (which I also enjoy but is very different).

This is really cool, seeing some nicely built terrain is awesome and a change from a lot of the oaths we make. Well done!

Speaking of oaths, I actually finished this yesterday but was laid out by a migraine before I could photograph and post.. so I am going to consider it oath complete. Nothing great, but I've figured out the scheme to work through my Ork combat patrol - rounding up some of my old miniatures to get the right combination, I intend to have it available to either play or lend to people who want to try 40k.

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

You want die?
January Oathing!

Just a bit late for the new year, and actually having failed to post my own oath progress because of end of year stuff (which I will still post soon...) Anyhow happy flipping new year, and with this new year we better be painting!

Anyhow going to propose a tougher challenge, I say tougher since I can't do this well at all...

Shine a Light

Attempt to include Object Source Lighting (OSL) into your model, whether from a local light source such as a torch or lantern, or an external slight source out of the picture. (I seriously recommend reviewing some tutorials before attempting this...)

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

You want die?
I, gameraMan, Oath 1 Hag plus leftovers for January!

D&D Hag casting a spell and an OSL attempt.

Plus the rest of the gang I have failed to finish over several months...

Beffer
Sep 25, 2007
I, Beffer, oath to paint Aenur, Sword of Twilight for January!

Happy New Oathing, goons.

Beffer
Sep 25, 2007
Double post, I guess:

Oath complete!

This was probably the quickest and easiest painted mini I've done. I can see now the appeal of the oldhammer style. When it's done well, it's strong faces, a good pose and not cluttered with a million details. It makes it fun and fast to paint. I'm glad because I had too much to drink over Christmas and ordered some more old metal from the troll trader.

Aenur got some paint because one of my war band in Five Leagues (from the Border Princes) died. Here he is meeting his new captain:

"What did you say your name was, sonny? Annie? Never heard of you. Welcome to the band, anyway. Try not to die too fast."

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Very nice!

I, Ashcans, oath these Shatterpoint droids for January!

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

Yeah Shatterpoint! Can't wait to see them painted up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

I oath one Grell mini for February 15th

Just getting back into painting and I'm running a public game featuring this brainy boy next month, so I'd really like for it to come out looking good.