Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is the lid clean or dirty?
Lid CLEAN
Lid DIRTY
View Results

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
My wife and I are having a disagreement.
One of us used a Tupperware lid to cover a cat food bowl containing dry cat food, to keep flies off it. That person now wants to place that lid back on its container, and that back in the drawer for reuse.
The other thinks that the lid is definitely now dirty and that it should get washed.
Lid-reuser ("LR") thinks that lid-cleaner is uptight.
Lid-cleaner ("LC") thinks that lid-reuser is disgusting.

Lid clean?
Lid dirty?

EDIT: bonus question. Who is who? is wife lid-reuser and I lid-cleaner, or vice versa?

therattle fucked around with this message at 23:01 on May 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

These Duck and Cover threads are getting pretty esoteric

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

That's nasty op wash your lid

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

loving :sever:

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Which way?

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Her legs and arms op

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

the :10bux: question

Woodsy Owl
Oct 27, 2004

therattle posted:

My wife and I are having a disagreement.
One of us used a Tupperware cover to cover a cat food bowl containing dry cat food, to keep flies off it. That person now wants to place that lid back on its container, and that back in the drawer for reuse.
The other thinks that the lid is definitely now dirty and that it should get washed.
Lid-reuser thinks that lid-cleaner is uptight.
Lid-cleaner thinks that lid-reuser is disgusting.

Lid clean?
Lid dirty?

EDIT: bonus question. Who is who? is wife lid-reuser and I lid-cleaner, or vice versa?

Using any cookware for any purpose and then not washing it before returning it to storage is peak goon.

Consider the dust on the floor that has been kicked up while walking past and had now settled onto the lid.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Woodsy Owl posted:

Using any cookware for any purpose and then not washing it before returning it to storage is peak goon.

Consider the dust on the floor that has been kicked up while walking past and had now settled onto the lid.

The inside of the lid was facing down i.e. over the bowl, so dust would have settled on the upper (outer) part only. If that is relevant.

Jillian poo poo posted:

Her legs and arms op

The reuse or the cleaner?

therattle fucked around with this message at 21:29 on May 27, 2023

sporkstand
Jun 15, 2021
This is an interesting gimmick. Let's see where it goes.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
as long as a total vacuum is maintained inside the tupperware such that no air molecules could act as a conveyor of cat cooties between the lid and the food beneath, i see no problems with this

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
So how many flies are we talking about here, that you need to cover the cat food to keep them off?

Because the normal solution is a fly swatter, for a normal number of flies.

I think the lid may be the least of your cleanliness problems.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
what in the hell

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
The lid is dirty.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
which one of you is more attractive op? this will greatly affect my answer

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
From my understanding of quantum mechanics the inside of that lid is now contaminated with cat food more than usual so wash it

It must be the wife that thinks it's OK because the default is that the guy would not so you wouldn't ask

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

drat op i voted lid clean because i voted before i read the post or post title, i just saw cat and lid and was like "yeah you clean the lid of the cat's litter box once a week or so if they have a walk in litter box" but thats not what you are asking at all

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

How hard is it to just wash it though

Dunning Krugerrand
Dec 23, 2015

purestrain pyrite

just wash it you weirdos it takes 5 whole seconds to wipe a soapy sponge over it and rinse it off

i wasted more time reading and responding to this post than it takes to wash the stupid tupperware lid

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

why do you have flies in your house op

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Does it smell like cat food? It does, because there are cat food particles on that lid.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Mozi posted:

as long as a total vacuum is maintained inside the tupperware such that no air molecules could act as a conveyor of cat cooties between the lid and the food beneath, i see no problems with this

There was no vacuum. The lid is square and the bowl circular so no seal was created and hence no vacuum was possible.

Dunning Krugerrand posted:

just wash it you weirdos it takes 5 whole seconds to wipe a soapy sponge over it and rinse it off

i wasted more time reading and responding to this post than it takes to wash the stupid tupperware lid

We have a dishwasher. :haw: But what of the expression of free scientific enquiry?

Buce posted:

why do you have flies in your house op

We do not have many, but the few we have are large, and attracted to open bowls of cat food.

STABASS posted:

which one of you is more attractive op? this will greatly affect my answer

Definitely me. But then which am I: LR or LC?

Klyith posted:

So how many flies are we talking about here, that you need to cover the cat food to keep them off?

Because the normal solution is a fly swatter, for a normal number of flies.

I think the lid may be the least of your cleanliness problems.

See above.

Das Boo posted:

Does it smell like cat food? It does, because there are cat food particles on that lid.

In order to provide more information to allow informed decisions, I smelled the lid. I don't think it smelled. To the extent it did it is hard to know if it is real or imagined as I might be expecting a smell. I have a good sense of smell.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Cat dog dick cover - PEE or CUM?

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Cat dog dick cover - PEE or CUM?

Come come, now you’re just making a mockery of the thread

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Your a disgusting goon op, wash the dishes

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Colonel Cancer posted:

Your a disgusting goon op, wash the dishes

I take this as a vote that I am LR.

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo
How many other items have you tainted

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I find Margery Taylor Greene more attractive than the thought of eating at your house op.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
If the poll gets to a whole 25 results I will reveal which of us is LR and which LC.

hosed-Up Little Dog posted:

How many other items have you tainted

None. We keep food-related items strictly away from our taints.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I find Margery Taylor Greene more attractive than the thought of eating at your house op.

She is quite the looker, old fellow!

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

The truth is out, OP, you filthy swine.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4032914

I hope she leaves you.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
IMPORTANT UPDATE
1. My wife has read the thread. It was she who was LR. She needs to make a clarification. She unthinkingly put the dirty lid back on the clean container. She was already going to wash the lid. She wasn’t sure if she also needed to wash the container.

2. She also wants it known that it was a warm day with windows and doors open, and flies were able to fly in - attracted in part by the cat food.

3. She thinks you’re all stupid

4. As a result of my accidental misrepresentation she says she is going to spend all night pegging me. (I don’t know if this is a good thing or not. I suspect it’s an empty threat in any event but if I don’t post here in the morning call the police and an ambulance).

therattle fucked around with this message at 00:24 on May 28, 2023

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

do you really think you’re butt hole will bleed so much you need to call an ambulance

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Goku?

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Pics or it didn't happen.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

I’d start with getting rid of the flies, get back to basics.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
loving at least rinse it off, or something. unless that's like the special container for dry food.

and just going off r/relationships, and uh, the internet, the man is the one that won't even rinse it.
but you never know!

well, what a twist.

have her make you lick it clean
or you make her lick it clean

what's the power dynamic in the household?

blight rhino fucked around with this message at 02:41 on May 28, 2023

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
I ate cat food when I was seven and I didn’t get sick. Don’t wash it

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

therattle posted:

4. As a result of my accidental misrepresentation she says she is going to spend all night pegging me.

Seems more like a reward than a punishment op

Duct Tape Engineer
Feb 16, 2005

Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?
How uncomfortable does the thought of licking the lid make you feel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Duct Tape Engineer posted:

How uncomfortable does the thought of licking the lid make you feel?

Fairly. Because I think it’s dirty!

blight rhino posted:

loving at least rinse it off, or something. unless that's like the special container for dry food.

and just going off r/relationships, and uh, the internet, the man is the one that won't even rinse it.
but you never know!

well, what a twist.

have her make you lick it clean
or you make her lick it clean

what's the power dynamic in the household?

Pervert!

Chief McHeath posted:

do you really think you’re butt hole will bleed so much you need to call an ambulance

She’s a very persistent woman.