Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Controversial Top 10 reasons firefly was cancelled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Cowboys? In space???

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Remember when they made that cowboys vs aliens movie back in like 2012ish I want to say?

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Nooner posted:

Remember when they made that cowboys vs aliens movie back in like 2012ish I want to say?

yeah it sucked

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Oh that lovely spin off of Cleopatra 2525? I don't know what she was thinking going into space. Ridiculous.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Is that a youtube link????

Nice try, Gurf.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Firefly was a fine series, no worse than whatever other Sci fi was being farted out at the time.

Lamenting it as some underappreciated masterpiece is lol.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

OP its been years since i was owned in that particular way

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006
Its a 20 year old show, move on and watch some other lovely space show.

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006
The expance is less lovely, but only slightly less.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

The actual episode plots mostly just weren't very good. Like there's that one where they're raided by salvagers who want to steal the ship for scrap - they go back and forth trying to escape and eventually Adam Baldwin shoots them dead with his gun.

It's just totally missing the part where there's some twist or character growth as part of the finale. No one learns anything. The crew just has a straightforward fight with the baddies and wins by fighting better.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Firefly has always sucked.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

In the lore or whatever China played a massive part in colonizing the galaxy. You can really see it in the set dressing in the first episode. You know what you can't see, throughout the whole show? Chinese people. Joss Whedon wanted signs with Chinese characters but not any Chinese people lol.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

*settles the crosshairs of his monstrously long suppressed sniper rifle squarely on WAR CRIME GIGOLO's box-shaped head*

Looks like you're cancelled, WCG. Cancelled...forever

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
op uses rant tag then posts an op containing solely a link. gently caress you, op

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)
:banjo:You can’t take this guy from me:banjo:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Whatever happened to joss whedon, his stuff was pretty good

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Smugworth posted:

Lol Buffy super fan spotted

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Duck and Cover posted:

Oh that lovely spin off of Cleopatra 2525? I don't know what she was thinking going into space. Ridiculous.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

It's been 20 fuckin years, let it go.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
imagine if there was a way to combine rickrolling and goatse, like that shakira gif that segues into canned chicken

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

1. It was boring

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

lol Remember when the Firefly movie came out and all the Joss Whedon dweebs here were like "This is gonna be a MONSTER hit!! My theater was packed opening night!!!" which then gave way to "everyone, go buy tickets to see it again, we have to make sure this is a success" followed by "how did this movie lose money??? firefly was so good!!!"

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
It was clearly one of the top twenty sci fi space shows based on westerns

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
They hold lead paint against gen x and boomers, they gonna hold the Joss Whedon fandom against all of us someday in much the same way.

We’re not gonna beat them allegations.

Parsley
Jul 17, 2012

i like when things start to look serious and the guy just quips at the villain ELL OH ELL

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

You see this is a world where the prostitutes really love their clients, and it's always their choice. So it's actually classy and more like a modern Geisha. Now if you'll excuse me I need to go after hours to do costume fittings with women who would absolutely elect to spend time doing this with me if I wasn't their boss.

It's difficult being such a feminist.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Nooner posted:

i rewatched that recently and

olives black posted:

yeah it sucked

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Pajser posted:

The expance is less lovely, but only slightly less.

They killed off their sex pest so that's a + imo

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Karma Comedian posted:

They killed off their sex pest so that's a + imo

Wait was one of the characters a sex pest or one of the actors though

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021
I barely watched TV for a long time and checked out Firefly. I didn’t make it more than a few episodes.

TV just didn’t have the budget to support good sci fi and fans took what they could get and loved it. But most of it was not good.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Remember the pretty lady who was a sex worker

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Cowboy Bebop ripoff. :rolleyes:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Sophy Wackles posted:

Cowboy Bebop ripoff. :rolleyes:

Really Outlaw Star which is even funnier b/c it means Whedon was watching Toonami alongside all of our kid asses

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
whoa we found a naked hot young girl just out in the world

he lily white skin and lifted from the real world race relations tell us this is a BIG DEAL

oh gently caress she has powers

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Toxic Mental posted:

lol Remember when the Firefly movie came out and all the Joss Whedon dweebs here were like "This is gonna be a MONSTER hit!! My theater was packed opening night!!!" which then gave way to "everyone, go buy tickets to see it again, we have to make sure this is a success" followed by "how did this movie lose money??? firefly was so good!!!"

Lol yes, at least one guy bought out a theater to try to save it.

A coworker responsible for administering Myers-Briggs tests was going to be on vacation when the Ghostbusters reboot came out but bought tickets anyway to “support the message.”

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

mind the walrus posted:

Really Outlaw Star which is even funnier b/c it means Whedon was watching Toonami alongside all of our kid asses

Please don't accuse someone of watching anime without evidence, it could be very damaging to their reputation

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Its par the course given that weirdo whedon

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

ikanreed posted:

It was clearly one of the top twenty sci fi space shows based on westerns

They’re all based on Westerns, though. At least everything based on or inspired by Star Trek is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Smugworth posted:

he's a pedophile