Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I've rarely seen a show that did as much as this one did to push the company's next generation. So many guys stepping up, so much energy. New Japan is a young company again, how the hell did that happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!
I love J5G what a run for them so far

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

~just 5 guys~

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Lamuella posted:

I've rarely seen a show that did as much as this one did to push the company's next generation. So many guys stepping up, so much energy. New Japan is a young company again, how the hell did that happen?

slow cultivation and patience with their young lions program

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i think moloney and connors have a ton of upside chemistry and cant wait to see them get their run going. they both seem like perfect scumbags

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I know people are down on the 4 Block setup but I am loving hype for G1, especially with Eddie loving Kingston in there.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i think moloney and connors have a ton of upside chemistry and cant wait to see them get their run going. they both seem like perfect scumbags

As much as I don't care about Finlay-led BC, I was cracking up at all the shittalking Connors was doing in the post-match. He's gonna be a lot of fun imo

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm ready for the winless Kaito G1 run

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

I know people are down on the 4 Block setup but I am loving hype for G1, especially with Eddie loving Kingston in there.

i feel everyones frustration though because you can just take 12 of the kind of there and the old guys out and probably have another iconic tournament like we had in the mid 10s

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Chris James 2 posted:

Loses to Chase, the crowd silently stand and remove their hats and hold them to their chests.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

4 block format so he's probably winning a block but its gonna be with mad mikey and chase owens in the mix

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i feel everyones frustration though because you can just take 12 of the kind of there and the old guys out and probably have another iconic tournament like we had in the mid 10s

yup. so close and yet so far.

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

They are gonna be an incredible tag team for BC

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

It was real telling to me the reactions that eddie kingston and danielson got tonight and i think tony should really consider doing a joint show in japan next year

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

SamuraiFoochs posted:

With who though? Surely no one of consequence he hasn't already wrestled.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

And my point is SANADA has been literal plain dry toast for years

You realize you're monkey pawing a Sanada-Mox IWGP title match at Forbidden Door into existence, right

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Sounds like a great match

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

xbilkis posted:

You realize you're monkey pawing a Sanada-Mox IWGP title match at Forbidden Door into existence, right

One deadfall and it's over for mox

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Mox is actually going to tap to the skull end

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Hey guys, I was watching but had to go get a train missing the end of the six man. First thing I saw was Okada walking back up the entrance ramp. I didn't miss anything important did I?

Main event was really good. Tsuji is awesome and like Gedo saw the Shield and thought "Yeah, I'm going to combine all those guys into one and have him be a badass" and it worked.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there's no more novelty in njpw for job moxley. it wastes a slot for a once a year show. he should just be managing umino against someone for now and it might be cool again next year

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

xbilkis posted:

Honestly I'd be happy if they did that because at least it's a main event match instead of some bullshit undercard six man like the plan was last year before CM Henderson broke himself again

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Hoss Corncave posted:

Hey guys, I was watching but had to go get a train missing the end of the six man. First thing I saw was Okada walking back up the entrance ramp. I didn't miss anything important did I?

You missed Okada getting challenged by Danielson for Forbidden Door

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Honestly I'd be happy if they did that because at least it's a main event match instead of some bullshit undercard six man like the plan was last year before CM Henderson broke himself again

the undercards in FD are good poo poo, at least last year
id much rather have been in clark, shota or suzukis position than jay whites or okadas

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
i also enjoyed those matches more than the main event itself, now that i think ab it. but thats just imo :D

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I am very glad that we get my boy Mad Mikey in the G1.

Less happy that we get Chase, even if I am probably the highest person on the forums on his work.

Humiliation for loser Kaito incoming :laffo:

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

You missed Okada getting challenged by Danielson for Forbidden Door

Yeah, I was listening to the commentators give the rundown of the night's events and one of them goes "And Bryan Danielson" which made me think he was in the G1. I went back and read the thread and saw the participants (gently caress yes Eddie) and eventually got to the bit in the thread of people getting very excited.

Forbidden Door is going to be great. Really not regretting that PPV package deal on FITE now.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Great show overall even if I was disappointed by a few of the matches. ELP/Finlay in particular was Just Fine, which kinda undercut the impact of Bullet Club gaining three new members in one night. At the same time it's hard to come away from Dominion feeling anything other than excitement thanks to the matches made for Forbidden Door and the announcements of Kiyomiya (!) and Kingston (!!!) for the G1. It's a fantastic time to be a wrestling fan.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
They drew 7k for the show. They were drawing over 11k, almost 12k before the pandemic, so they're still not back to what they were doing.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Stall_19 posted:

They drew 7k for the show. They were drawing over 11k, almost 12k before the pandemic, so they're still not back to what they were doing.

It's a thousand up on last year so it's a very good gate by pandemic standards.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

restictions are still not over. they sold out dontaku and the bosj koraluens and those were still not at 2010's standards

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

SANADA stinks

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Sorry I haven’t had my coffee :D he’s fine

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
LIJ vs. J5G 8-man was fun.
Catch 2/2 vs. Kushida and Knight was neat too. Absolutely no idea who any of the people in the post-match angle were. Kushida must be headed for a heel turn, right? Kevin Kelly was pushing hard that he is losing a lot lately.
ZSJ vs. Cobb was a really fun sprint with a great finish. ZSJ stunning Cobb by turning the Tour of the Islands into a crucifix bomb was great stuff.
Three-way tag match was a ton of fun, I was very amused at them calling Khan Mighty Mighty Bosstone and very upset at Kevin Kelly insisting House of Torture should go to Collision. I actually quite liked the House of Torture shenanigans in this particular stipulation because the chaos of a 3-way tornado tag makes it a lot more exciting. OKhan coming in and DOMINATERING everybody was a lot of fun, the finishing stretch here in general was just great stuff. Bishamon rules, glad they have the belts, hope we can get Bishamon vs. FTR 2 at Forbidden Door.

Finaly vs. Phantasmo was loving boring as gently caress. Kelly and Charlton kept talking about how this incarnation of Bullet Club was so much more VIOLENT than past incarnations and it occurred to me pretty quickly in this match that "violent" in this context is like when people call a Randy Orton match "surgical" or "deliberate". I have no idea what they're doing with Bullet Club right now, Finlay looks like poo poo, he wrestles like a complete JAG, he has like zero charisma, I guess it's cool that they're getting younger, but I saw Finlay come out with all his dudes and all I could think was look at this batch of CAWs. I like ELP a lot, but man, he had no babyface fire in this match. This was supposed to be like a really heated, personal grudge match over an important title, right? This was just too dudes not doin' much of anything. And then the finish is Finlay hitting a power bomb and then an Ushigoroshi. What the gently caress? This sucked.

Hiromu vs. Wato loving ruled. Wato had all the fire, Hiromu made him look great, I liked how Wato's submission went after the two body parts Hiromu has had serious long-term injuries on. The work was so crisp and intense here, although I thought the finish punked Wato out a bit - he hit all his moves and Hiromu just kicked out and then pinned his rear end. I didn't necessarily think they had to change the title here, but it's a little weird that that's the finish they went with.
Eddie in the G1 is really funny. I wonder if Khan tried to bullshit Rocky that he was getting somebody really important. Biiiiiiig pop for Kaito. He's GOTTA beat Okada this time, right?

Trios match was fun. I liked how they had to turn off Okada's music for a minute for the announcement of Tanahashi, then turn Okada's back on to announce him. The Okada-wants-these-young-kids-to-get-the-gently caress-off-his-lawn gimmick continues to be big money for me. Would've liked to see more Claudio in this match, but it was about Umino, and that's fine. I like Umino, I know it's been a bumpy ride but I think he has a lot of upside, still. I was hoping for MJF vs. Okada, but Bryan vs. Okada might be a decent match, I dunno, it might be good. :lol: at the ZSJ vs. Bryan truthers.

Tsuji vs. Sanada was really, really good. I liked how they structured the match, teasing that Tsuji might just blow the doors off of Sanada in like 90 seconds. I like the story that Tsuji kept all of his offense a secret, but the only thing that he showed was the spear and Sanada had the counter for it when it counted the most and Sanada just dropped like four bombs in a row on him and pinned him off of that one counter. I liked the story that Tsuji came in cocky, declared himself part of LIJ, called for the fist bump at the start, but then he lost and LIJ left him there and now he's gotta earn his war in. I think Sanada's a bore, but I gotta give him credit, he made Tsuji look like a million bucks here. I think they really have something with him, he looks like a star, he works like one, this was a big spot for him and he totally shined in it (and again, Sanada really made him look like a big deal). But any goodwill Sanada earned with me completely evaporated over the course of the 45 minutes his post-match promo took where he basically said nothing and did nothing. Also, lol at the building letting out an audible "AUUUUUGH" and instantly going silence when he won. Please tell me more about how super-de-duper over this dude is.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/WillOspreay/status/1665435963680497664

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Folks

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Where's the lie?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Tsuji/Umino/Narita/Knight/Conners/Kidd/Coughlin is a hell of a young core of talent and hell, Fujita seems like he's close to breaking out too

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The English saying another country's people are assholes, lol.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

game recognize game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

this kid is nuts
Mar 30, 2016
I'll be honest I think Will Ospreay is a heel wrestler intentionally trying to stoke the hatred of the home country crowd of his opponent for a wrestling pay per view

I don't think he actually thinks the entirety of the people born on a particular rock in the ocean are assholes. That would be quite a strange notion to have!

this kid is nuts fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jun 5, 2023