Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which one is it?
A calzone
A sandwich
Just two pizzas
Goku
View Results

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Is it a calzone, a sandwich, or just 2 pizzas? The poll is only multiple choice so that you can select Goku and a real answer do NOT select 2 real answers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Yeap

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its called Calzonification and many different species of food have independently evolved towards it

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

the best thing to do with a pizza is to batter it and deep fry it, we call it a pizza crunch :scotland:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

It’s just 2 pizzas op. There are RULES goddamit!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
It's a sandwich

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

It’s just 2 pizzas op. There are RULES goddamit!

If you have a food made of 2 large pieces of bread with stuff between them, that you pick up and eat, that's a sandwich

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
put it on tiktok and call it a korean kalzone and you will be praised as a genius

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
It's a pizza quesadilla

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

No thats only true if you fold a pizza over in the middle

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
There was a pizza place near my college that made what they called "stromboli". Except, it wasn't stromboli at all. It was calzone. However, it was really really good, so all is forgiven.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

A place near me called Peppinos makes something called "pizza i dunno" thats a half calzone, half pizza

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Barudak posted:

Its called Calzonification and many different species of food have independently evolved towards it

indeed, the new york method of folding a slice of pizza while eating it is actually evidence of the "calzone instinct" in neapolitan and sicilian genetic markers

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

bread on top and bottom without sealing on either side is a sandwich op

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Peggy Edson posted:

bread on top and bottom without sealing on either side is a sandwich op

What if you work the crust of one pizza over the crust of the other to create a seal?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

deep dish peat moss posted:

What if you work the crust of one pizza over the crust of the other to create a seal?

if you are doing this with uncooked pizzas and actually merging the dough, then yea basically thats a calzone but you should still leave one side of it open or it would burst in a weird way while cooking, i think

if you are doing this with already cooked pizzas it will not work. you cant work a cooked crust into another one and make a seal

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Finally, OP has learned the secrets of the infamous “Cucky P’zone”

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

it's just 2 pizzas dog. a calzone is 1 piece of dough, basically a turnover. and i won't even adress the lulzy meme :xd::xd::xd: laffo sandwich question

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Gonna go against the grain and say the result is an ABSOLUTE MESS YA NINNY :mad:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

You need the folded seem OP. Or eating the calzone will be a complete disaster.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Earwicker posted:

if you are doing this with uncooked pizzas and actually merging the dough, then yea basically thats a calzone but you should still leave one side of it open or it would burst in a weird way while cooking, i think

if you are doing this with already cooked pizzas it will not work. you cant work a cooked crust into another one and make a seal

Just poke a few holes on top and your counterfeit hotpockets wont burst smdh here

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

:haibrow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfHJ-_9814A

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
I cant believe this just occurred to me

Calzone is pizza with a lid :thumbsup:

TheKub
May 11, 2006

If we consult the Sandwich Alignment Chart, the pizza scenario is structurally purist and ingredient neutral, which I would say is pretty darn sandwichy.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Earwicker posted:

You could make the pizzas slightly different sizes, though.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

TheKub posted:

If we consult the Sandwich Alignment Chart, the pizza scenario is structurally purist and ingredient neutral, which I would say is pretty darn sandwichy.

yes!!! teh sandwich alignment chart :xd:

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

If Pizza 1 is a calzone with a slot on the side, and you slide Pizza 2 (a pizza) into the slot, is it just a bigger calzone, or a calzone with a pizza inside of it?

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

If you slice a calzone open and unfurl it, does it become a pizza

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
The P'Zone Is BACK At Pizza Hut!

Seventeen years after the fan-favorite's debut, it's back on menus nationwide to celebrate Pizza Hut's return as the Official Pizza of NCAA March Madness. If you haven't ever tried a P'Zone, you're in for quite the treat

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Bula Vinaka posted:

Seventeen years after the fan-favorite's debut, it's back on menus nationwide to celebrate Pizza Hut's return as the Official Pizza of NCAA March Madness. If you haven't ever tried a P'Zone, you're in for quite the treat

I assume the P stands for "pisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss"

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Bula Vinaka posted:

Now only one thing stands between you and your baked treat... you have to find a pizza hut

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

TheKub posted:

Meat? Cheese? Vegetables? Condiments? Two pizzas sandwiched together is 100% a hardline traditionalists sandwich.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Meat? Cheese? Vegetables? Condiments? Two pizzas sandwiched together is 100% a hardline traditionalists sandwich.

lettuce is really the only missing thing but i think the real point is that the chart is inadequate because everyone would agree that a sandwich sans lettuce can still be ingredient purist

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Bring back the big foot!!!!!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

I’m so sick of all these sandwich wars

Barudak
May 7, 2007

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Bring back the big foot!!!!!

I don't think they let felons be your spokesperson anymore

Wait, gently caress, he was stuffed crust wasn't he? The big foot is pure and clean and deserves another chance

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Barudak posted:

I don't think they let felons be your spokesperson anymore

Wait, gently caress, he was stuffed crust wasn't he? The big foot is pure and clean and deserves another chance

He was stuffin some crust alright.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Zippy the Bummer posted:

lettuce is really the only missing thing but i think the real point is that the chart is inadequate because everyone would agree that a sandwich sans lettuce can still be ingredient purist

yeah, there are many very traditional sandwiches that do not involve lettuce - or any other veggies - at all. if you go to a nyc deli and order a pastrami sandwich its just going to be pastrami and bread. thats still ingredient purist.

the idea that a sandwich "must" have lettuce or cold raw tomatoes in it is Bad Thinking and has led to many bad sandwiches all over the world, because those ingredients should only be used if they are a.) extremely fresh and b.) only going to be on the sandwich for a very short time before you eat it, so they dont have time to wilt or soak into the bread or other ingredients, which gets Gross.

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jun 9, 2023

TheKub
May 11, 2006

Y'all convinced me that it's pure sandwich. Upon reflection it's definitely a melt!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

a pizza sandwich is a different thing altogether and cannont be constructed from simply 2 pizzas. sorry but all the op has conceptualized is a pizza upside down atop another pizza