Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/pat-robertson-christian-evangelist-and-former-presidential-candidate-dead-at-93/ar-AA1chR6U

He was a massive piece of poo poo who had far reaching negative impacts on organized religion and politics. Also, he lied about how much he could leg press:

quote:

In May 2006, Robertson began claiming on his web site that through training and his "Age-Defying energy shake", he is able to leg press 2,000 lb (907 kg) while others claim he is a liar, pushing a common energy formula.[93] Two thousand pounds would be an exceptional accomplishment for a world-class athlete, to say nothing of Robertson, then in his seventies. For comparative purposes, when Dan Kendra set the Florida State University record of 1,335 lb (606 kg), the leg press machine required extensive modifications to hold the proper amount of weight, and the capillaries in both of Kendra's eyes burst during his successful attempt.[94] Thus, Robertson's claimed achievement would add 665 lb (302 kg) to the best-ever total of Kendra, a top athlete in his physical prime, who later played in the National Football League and tried unsuccessfully to become a Navy SEAL.[95][96]

In response to the skepticism about this claim, Robertson's website has claimed that his doctor is able to leg press 2,700 lb (1,225 kg), and that "It is not nearly as hard as the authors of these reports make it out to be."[97] A video has also been provided supposedly demonstrating Robertson doing several reps with a weight of 1,000 lb (454 kg).[98] In the video Pat Robertson is seen using a 45-degree sled-type leg press machine, which reduces the effective weight to 707 lb (321 kg) (sin(45°) x 1000 lbs [454 kg]). He keeps the safety locks in place at the second step, which severely limits the range of possible motion. The seat is positioned to allow approximately six inches of travel after the lock. This setup gives Pat Robertson the maximum mechanical advantage at the last few inches of travel. In contrast, actual leg press technique is allowing the weight to slide down until the hip and knee joints are at significant flexion.[99] The video of Roberson's lift has also been criticized because it does not appear to verify his claim that he's lifting 1,000 lb (454 kg). Mike DeBonis of Slate noted "It appears as if 16 plates are loaded on the machine. Four of them look like 100-pound [45 kg] plates, and the rest are 45s [20 kg]. That adds up to 940 pounds [425 kg]." DeBonis also noted that Robertson is using incorrect form as he "helps his legs by pushing on his knees with his arms. That's a no-no. He also achieves nowhere near the recommended full range of motion, which is to bring the knees to at least a 90-degree angle." DeBonis saw the claims made by Robertson and similar claims by Madeleine Albright (that she can press 400 lb (181 kg)) as yet another proof of the inferiority of that particular machine in comparison to the barbell squat, "Most leg press machines are constructed as either a sled angled at 45 degrees or a lever. (There are some that use cables, too.) In all cases, some of the weight gets borne by the machine. You may be loading 400 pounds [180 kg], but your muscles are feeling only 200 [90 kg]."[100] The video has since been removed from the CBN website.

Robertson responded to questions concerning the lift in an interview with CBS. He maintained his claim to have done it but admitted "I didn't do it with the same form that these professional bodybuilders do, which is a full squat, and it's very difficult. But I did do it. I regularly can do 1,000 pounds [454 kg] and 1,200 pounds [544 kg]."[101] He said he used an incline leg press and did "the full extension on that particular machine. They have a brake on it. I was told put the brake on. When the professionals do it, they take the brake off and let the weight come all the way down on them. And if you don't have a lot of help, you've got a Volkswagen sitting on your hips. I didn't do that."[101]

In June 2006, General Nutrition Center, a nutritional supplement retailer, announced without explanation that it would stop carrying Robertson's energy drink.[102]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ouNWSiYn6w

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

rest in piss

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

This is one of the few obituary threads that I'm actually glad to see.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Finally leg pressing 2,000 lbs in Hell.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I'm so glad this gently caress is dead. May his adherents fight over the fiefdom until theyre miserable.

Also glad that driftingchud didnt get this first. Lol

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

i'm glad of it

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

good I'm glad

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
I feel that we can celebrate his death and mourn his life at the same time. Party on!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
LUNK ALARM

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)
Finally some good loving news

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
lets see him leg press out of a grave

zone
Dec 6, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RitLrgQcZNI

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)
Dump him in the piss pit with Rush

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Zugzwang posted:

Finally leg pressing 2,000 lbs in Hell.
Satan will have him doing squats so deep it's going to cone out his mouth :devil:

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
rot in hell bitch

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
gently caress the evangelist poo poo but why is the whole article about grifting dumbass weightlifters and not actually bad poo poo he did

Death By Yogurt
Apr 3, 2007

lol

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I'll say the same thing they said about Jerry Falwell - If you gave him an enema he could be buried in a matchbox.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Nooner posted:

LUNK ALARM

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMkBgA9_oQ4

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Drops: human teeth
Shame it wasn't fifty years earlier, but better late than never. Rip in piss

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Booty Pageant posted:

lets see him leg press out of a grave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-3Yok5D3Aw

Gorgeous Zan
Apr 13, 2007

New Haven Yacht Club
rest in press

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

I'm going to read the Rotten Library entry on Pat again, for old times sake.

Some interesting stuff in here, funny too. Article is quite lengthy.
https://gwern.net/doc/rotten.com/library/bio/religion/televangelists/pat-robertson/index.html

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Nooner posted:

LUNK ALARM

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Nasty Old Randy
Sep 5, 2017

Im Nasty
Holy poo poo that walking corpse was still alive??

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Nasty Old Randy posted:

Holy poo poo that walking corpse was still alive??

Decent, good people die of cancer at like 58. The most evil, hateful, destructive people live to be ancient so they can continue their malevolence.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

weird a death that the crazy transphobic loon rereg didn't post?

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

how much of satan's big fat rear end will he be able to bench

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

NoiseAnnoys posted:

theyre in mourning

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP
Gonna have to open a 700th level of Hell for this old fucker. Rest in poo poo!

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

Bet he was shocked when he woke up in hell

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012

NoiseAnnoys posted:

maybe that person was pat robertson all along :tinfoil:

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Catastrophe posted:

Decent, good people die of cancer at like 58. The most evil, hateful, destructive people live to be ancient so they can continue their malevolence.

I've often wondered if it's fear of what they might face in the afterlife that keeps them running on fumes for so long.

galumphing lummox
Aug 30, 2006

Finally, some good news!

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Pat Robertson woke up in heaven today, hearing a voice call his name. He turned and a wide smile formed. It was his friend, Mobuto Sese Seko.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Say what you will about his politics but name one other right wing public figure that has given so much to honor pride month this year

Then encourage them all to do the same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

BYE BITCH