Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

graph posted:

wow thats my best showing ever. neat

thanks icephoenix this is always really fun !! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

jungle boy winning on the night of he god dam heel turn.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ice phoenix had tony change the finishes to keep me out of the top 100

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Whiffing on the big money matches screwed me over on an otherwise respectable slate.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

BCC was supposed to do some heel poo poo to win 😥

Also I botched my Will/Kenny time (13 mins, wtf) but even 31 mins would have been a loss.

Maerlyn posted:

I'm kinda surprised so many think Will wins here, I think he's going to beat the poo poo out of Kenny but Kenny pulls through somehow and they have the final match at All In where Will wins there.

Yeah 94th place is appropriate, lol.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I would have sworn Ishii was there to eat the pin, not score it.
I knew my night was doomed after that.
I'll take 70th place with a smile and wonder how I even finished that well.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

IcePhoenix posted:

Finally I have broken free of our endless clash to prove victorious

I recommend you now proceed to let down your guard for a brief moment!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I keep doubting OC's run as international champ will continue, and I know ZSJ has been working RoH and I thought "why not him". I'm a fan of OC's run, I just keep falling for the "there's no possible way he could win this one too" story.
I also thought Okada/Danielson would go to a time limit draw. I don't follow NJPW, so I don't know what the storyline is for Okada after losing. A draw contributes nothing to any story ("guess they're both the best in the world!") but the match would be good enough nobody would really care.
If you had asked me if Jungle HOOK were going to break up this pape I would have said no, keep them together while Jack continues his slow turn. But I'm not opposed!

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
2nd place so I’m the first loser. I’m glad Tony finally booked a show right.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

IcePhoenix posted:

Will/Kenny was 39:45

JUNGLE BOY 81
Copywrightmmxi 81
harperdc 81
onimaruxlr 77
BDawg 76
Gaz-L 74
A Fancy Hat 71
Flashy_mcflash 71
Future Me Hates Me 71
The Berzerker 71
DMCrimson 71
blunt 69
Bizarro Kanyon 69
Pinwiz11 69
Captain Foo 69
IcePhoenix 69
Digital Jedi 69

Full results - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10vZJbknQNu1uAVXc4VgQ5BDHf_M62s_2G-wbAoV0IAM/edit?usp=sharing

First place was basically a perfect score, the only red mark for any of them being the time of the Will/Kenny match

drat close race, I was one point away from a top 20 finish, five points from a top 10. Not surprising, most of the finishes were quite predictable except for Tony somehow convincing Danielson to not lose.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Woulda been in the top if I had voted with my brain and not my heart for Toni v. Willow

Willow will be AEW champ one day. I take solace in that

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

I think what really dropped my ranking in this one was the answers I got wrong.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I’m gonna do the next one like golf and shoot for the lowest, no more of this middle of the pack poo poo

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

drat close race, I was one point away from a top 20 finish, five points from a top 10. Not surprising, most of the finishes were quite predictable except for Tony somehow convincing Danielson to not lose.

Really? I figured if Ospreay was winning, which seemed likely, then Okada was losing. And he's not the champion, plus the G1's coming, so it's not like one loss in a dream match is that big a deal.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Gaz-L posted:

I figured if Ospreay was winning, which seemed likely, then Okada was losing.

this was my thought process too

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

this was my thought process too

this was mine but i had it inverted

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

duckdealer posted:

I think what really dropped my ranking in this one was the answers I got wrong.

Not me, I correctly predicted that Tanahashi would beat MJF and become the New AEW Champion. That wasn't ever going to happen, but it was still the correct prediction :colbert:

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

BDawg posted:

College World Series has put me behind and out-of-step with wrestling, so I have no confidence in my guesses.

Which probably means I'll do great.

Like I said. Top 5.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
I figured AEW/NJPW would split the main events and I figured BCC and Elite would each get a win and a loss in their three combined matches, but I guessed wrong which means all three were wrong which means I am bad at predictions.

Also figured that Omega/Osprey would be like 10 minutes shorter due to how staked the card was but then Adam Cole got sick and Jungle Boy jobbed and Danielson/Okada only went like 30, but to be fair to myself barely anyone got points for guessing the time of that match.

Squall fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Jun 28, 2023

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

huge shoutout to my fellow entrants who also dashed their ship upon the rocks following the siren song of the ace

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Speaking of, exactly one person predicted that Sanada would lose the title to Jungle Boy. I didn't check to see if they were trying to get zero points.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

They were. They were also the only person to pick Kojima.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Give that goon the book

Dick Swiveller
Mar 2, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

I did so bad :lol:

Congrats to Jungle Boy, and also to Dick Swiveller who will spend the next week celebrating their #1 spot.

105 :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hey, you had that week where ignorance was bliss!

Seriously though, hope you managed to stay unspoiled and got to enjoy the show :)

Ivypls posted:

huge shoutout to my fellow entrants who also dashed their ship upon the rocks following the siren song of the ace