Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

And that's it for Separate Ways! We'll be taking a bit of a break before we wrap up with Mercenaries mode, I've been sick the past week so I haven't had the drive to do any LP work. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Krauser coming back was a surprise when I played and after almost using up all my ammo to break every object I could. This wasn't the Wii version, so I had no knife button and little ammo. I had a handful of bullets left when I beat him. The extra modes were really underwhelming.

Just like in RE4, there are a couple Rhinoceros beetles in the game and this time you can collect them for health or wealth.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Regarding the things you can buy with CP, Ada is the only character I can see showing up wielding a gun with infinite ammo and it's just treated as completely normal by everyone else

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Aw boo, I knew it was coming but I hate to see it ends. It was a fun revisit, I was glad to see the bits of the original you all added in - I guess it's telling that I've probably replayed the OG game more than any other big campaign, but I barely remember anything about the original Separate Ways.

And yeah, the ending really got me wanting a 5 remake. I figured the problems with the original were too big for them to bother, but it sure feels like they're hinting at it. If they can do something with the good parts and ditch the..."problematic" stuff and lazy design, I'm totally on board.

Anyway, hope Argate gets better soon. I'll be curious to see anything from Mercenaries mode since I barely touch that myself.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I swear you guys are remake prophets or something.

Capcom Confirms More Resident Evil Remakes Are Coming

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

One of those remakes better be Outbreak Files 1 and 2. :colbert:

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Dead Aim or bust.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
If y'all could mention each Breath of Fire game next time you record I'd really appreciate it

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I didn't know RE3R was a success.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Scalding Coffee posted:

I didn't know RE3R was a success.
It was, though of course it wasn't the runaway hit RE2R was. It sold respectably. Most critics liked it, though everyone on earth slammed it for its length.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
It probably mostly sold on strength of RE2.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I swear you guys are remake prophets or something.

Capcom Confirms More Resident Evil Remakes Are Coming

Even to this day, Resident Evil 5 is one of the best-selling games in the franchise. Remaking 5, when previous remakes had done so well commercially, is just good business sense.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
They should allow inventory Tetris in 5.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Scalding Coffee posted:

They should allow inventory Tetris in 5.

:hai:
I want to support their shift to co-op multiplayer because it adds a fun element for a lot of people, but as someone who only plays solo, it really dumbed down a lot of that stuff. A tiny, real-time inventory that gets swapped out at each little chapter break, that removes a lot of the fun and ongoing strategy from 4, I'd love it if they retooled that whole system.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Hopefully they're smart enough to realise that the trend of forced co-op doesn't fly these days and retool things so you can play the game by yourself without issue, but then also work in co-op somehow.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I hate Inventory Tetris and have since it first started appearing back in games in the 90s. The Co-Op mode of RE5 was the best; I also loved the RE5 environments, which were so different than the always-at-night stuff of the earlier games, along with having an actual color palette.

Having spent a fair amount of time in Zaire in the early 90s, it actually looked like it should (especially the opening scenes).

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Hey we're back for the last bit of content! And we found CJacobs!

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.
That’s an impressive hunk of tofu.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Welcome back CJacobs!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Well, that was a nice unexpected surprise. God bless you, and thank you for your service, Tofu :patriot:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Know absolutely nothing about this part of the game* but it's good to finally see it in action. Looks like a hell of a lot of fun.

edit: Oh, and good to have you guys back.

* a running theme in all my posting

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Mar 19, 2024

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I was always terrible at Mercenaries on the PS2. Never survived one map. Have yet to try on PC for some reason.

Krauser is giving off strong, "Be the American the Japanese think you are." energy.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Lots of talk about wanting an RE5 remake, but I want to see Code Veronica get one; that game was loving weird, and it'd be a shame for it to just fade into obscurity.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

This was meant to go up yesterday but I was feeling a little under the weather. It's the final video! Thanks for watching!

Edit: It's the anniversary of the whole RE franchise, so let's say this video was delayed a day to land exactly on that date. :v:

ChaosArgate fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Mar 22, 2024

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Great thumbnail with the magic fingers on Hunk there.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

This was a brilliant LP! Thanks for the fun, guys!

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
When they do come out with RE6R, they have to make it God Hand.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

loving rad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Wesker looks fun as hell to play, even if he's a villainous sociopath attempting to destroy the human race, and worse, a redditor. I think he'd be my best playstyle fit if this mode had a bit more to draw me in.

Anyway, thanks again for doing the LP, it's been a ton of fun the whole time through!