Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
I've been waiting for this for 20+ years, please be loving good.

Please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Anybody on an older rig have a trip report?

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

The Donut posted:

My PC is pretty old, but still holding it's own, I7 4790k with a Geforce 980. Game runs fine, 60fps, most settings on medium, 1080p
Also seconding Blood being insanely good (at least on the starting island which I'm still at)

That's pretty much my rig so that's great to hear, thanks.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Having a blast so far, Blood and my Imp scout and stab ahead, then fall back to wolf and grunties mg spot. Works everytime.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Honestly there's a bunch of cheap decent mercs that excel in one field (Mech, Exp, Med) that zeroing out those stats on your Imp and just dumping it all into agi, Dex and mark is a no brainer.

I'm curious to compare Merc stats from ja2 to JA3, as I feel they're more generous overall.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
For those curious, it looks like the Merc stats are pretty much exactly the same as JA2. I only spot checked a handful, but with the exception of perks (which were changed quite a bit in some cases) the Mercs are pretty authentic to JA2. Costs have also been changed quite a bit (Iceman, why you so expensive?)

So maybe the chance to hit is just better overall, cause Fox didnt use to be able to hit anything.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Even without MG perks, my two MG guys have been doing 90% of the heavy lifting.

With the expanded overwatch sight they usually open combat with 3-4 kills each. I've got to get me Ivan and Grizzly.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Smiley, if you werent so loving dumb and didn't act like a complete redpill incel I would have helped you.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Gerblyn posted:

(I'm the crazy person with 500+ hours in wrath of the righteous without using the bubble buffs mod)

You're right, you're loving insane.

But yeah, some of these mods are so basic QoL (active pause, crafting in squad and one other I forget?) that I hope they just got rolled into Base game

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
I wont be happy until I can dual wield P90s (with a custom trigger, extended barrels, silencer, red dot, and AET ammo)

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
I loved the Major's reveal. It makes perfect sense, I'm irritated I didn't guess it earlier.

But wow, poo poo got real very quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
I'm okay with finished devs on this, cause now maybe we can get some modders in to expand upon it. There was one great weapon mod for 1.4 that had crossbows which were loving awesome but its not updated for 1.5