Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JackSplater
Nov 20, 2014

Metal Coat? It's already active?!

habituallyred posted:

How did you run out of food?

Om nom nom.

I assume Mimes don't count nutrient paste as food for whatever reason?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
Mimes can also trigger from just being really hungry, not necessarily just a lack of food. Given the extended battle that was going on at the end there, it was the perfect set of circumstances necessary to unveil a mime.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Finally, my first ever fanart.

SugarAddict posted:

Do you have the mod that adds small/medium/large gene storage racks, if you don't you're gonna run out of space real fast.

Yeah I got a mod for that, but it requires further research to unlock

DoubleNegative posted:

Mimes can also trigger from just being really hungry, not necessarily just a lack of food. Given the extended battle that was going on at the end there, it was the perfect set of circumstances necessary to unveil a mime.

This was pretty much it, Jack had no satiation and was heading to the nutrient dispenser and then popped. Note at how close he was, the image has the nutrient dispenser in it

ChaosDragon
Jul 13, 2014
So what am i doing?
Well that sucks with the Mine situation.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
The Mime thing is honestly a pretty bad mechanic. As far as I've seen, they only appear with the colonists that randomly try to join you when chased by people, it's RNG, and there's no countermeasures. It also means that colonist is just straight up gone. So yeah, it's terrible.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

ChaosDragon posted:

So what am i doing?
Well that sucks with the Mine situation.

Well a job opening just popped up for construction work :v:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Lmao

This really is a spectacularly Fun rimworld colony. :allears:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Polluting Collective 6

After witnessing that there was a skin job in the colony and being assaulted by it, BLT hits their next growth stage. Unfortunately they didn't have a whole lot of growth points, thanks to constantly wanting to do nature runs and sky dreaming. Its -60 out there, stop wanting to go outside.

I would've picked kind, but in this colony? Who the gently caress is kind.

I put up a sunlamp and jesus christ, even though the lamp only provides enough light in so big of a radius to grow plants, it has like double that range in regular light which will kill our mushrooms.

Speaking of, in the top left of the farm are mycothread mushrooms. They can be harvested for a textile that is also edible.

Since we're talking about food related stuff, I built a barn area. I also set up a separate nutrient paste dispenser which takes insectoid meat. May as well make the most out of their meat, while stretching out the edible paste. "Edible"

Breadmaster formed a bond with one of the toxfoxes and named him Despoiler which is a loving awesome name to give a waste fox.

Some pirates try extorting the colony and god dammit why do they gently caress around trying to break down the walls around the maze?

And right after that some mechs dropped in. And god drat, I need to remove those walls, raiders keep ducking behind it.

I start upgrading from the militor mechs, bios gets upgraded to a polychoron.

This is from alpha mechoids, which gives me a few extra options besides just a scyther or pikeman for offensive capabilities.

Alright, despite how appropriate it would be for the colony, its time to retire this. I think its loving with spawns, like yeah its cold but the raiders that DO show up can handle up to -65 degrees. And those raiders that do show up? Pretty much only wasters.

Having a bunch of problems with Chaos, their psychite deficiency and alcohol withdraws make them constantly fall over and need rescuing. The psychoid plants are 75% grown and I have all hands on deck researching drug production. Whenever he wanders into a cold cave and starts getting hypothermia he promptly gets downed. On the upside though, he loving loves his fellow colonists from all the "Rescued me" relationship boosts.

... not that that is always a good thing... For god's sakes man, you all sleep in the same room and DN is married. Have some tact!

Jeeze, even more? But hey, the silk these provide are actually not shabby when used for cold insulation. I'm making sure to have a bill for parkas, pants and shirts to always have 3 in stock. God I can't wait for BLT to be able to wear adult clothes, cause having to make a new pair of kid sized clothing every half year is getting really annoying.

Someone Awful gets upgraded to an Aura

Could do with some melee fighters, considering our last one was The Thing. This one has a neat feature where it'll repair itself mid combat. To free up some of NGDB's bandwidth I transfer Ashsaber over to Breadmaster. Whats great is how much weight I'm saving as a tunneler weighs 210 kg but an Aura only weighs 60

In more domestic concerns, I put down some mycothread sleeping beds for the toxfoxes. Also in the rec room I put up a rock'em sock'em robot table. Also note the double walls, and the doorway extending out. This is to help trap heat in the rooms. I do want the tunnels surrounding everything to be cold, if only to ensure that areas I want to be cold (kitchen, animal feed room, future gene holder room) can stay cold.

Now that there is no more toxic air, not only are plants growing again, but animals are also wandering back in. These guys are pretty nifty.

I GET IT, I GET IT CAUSE I WATCH STAR WARS. I SAW BLUE MILK AND I REMEMBER YODA AND I CLAAAAAAAAAPPED

Also they're considered insects, so they can also work as providing meat for the other animals. The females can provide 15 blue milk per day and blue milk has a nutrition value of .07, compared to most food having 0.05. Let's see, 15 x 0.07 is 1.05 nutrition. Paste meals need .3 nutrition. So thats about 3 paste meals per day, per insect? We have 2 females right now, which is 2.1 nutrition, for 7 meals each day. Pawns eat about 2 meals a day, so these lovely bugs will handle the food need of 3 pawns.

Lots of bugs. Rip Ashsaber, was outside when 50 god drat manhunting bugs decided to show up.

Finally got the psychite in and now Chaos can toke up and stop walking at 5 steps a minute.

Now that Chaos wont pass out for getting slightly cold I send him out to earn some shooting experience taking potshots at the bedbugs. Remember the propane lake wont let any of them reach him.

Then a bunch of manhunting frostmites come on through. Annoying. Yeah they aren't strong individually but you saw what those bedbugs did to Ashsaber. Who is still out there by the way, these drat things showed up right after the bedbugs cannibalized one another.

Frostmites have this... interesting ability to yank bodies out from underground. They don't have any gear on them so you can't use this to farm. But I guess thats free food for your animals or cannibals. Of course this means they wont starve, not that most manhunter animals ever do.

A shooting expo is going on nearby, may as well take our nearly 20 skill marksman out for a stretch.

And well... while you're out there...

No fair, they had archotech bionics :argh: I guess we can use this leg on Breadmaster... you know, for the single toe they lost.

The true reward was the friends we made along the way toxic we dumped.

Bathroom graffiti?! You cad!

Something I have been building around the place are pollution pumps. These will clean polluted tiles and will deposit a tox pack nearby. Not only do I want to keep areas colonists and animals will be around free of pollution, but the toxifier generators will stop working if every tile in their radius is polluted.

A slave ship flies overhead and we really need some bodies. And whats that, a paramedic? I'll take one!

Meet Senrath who joins as a slave. But I don't want a slave I want a colonist. Wait, unwavering loyalty? Not only can I not recruit them but I can't change their ideology? What the fu

Meet the new Senrath (name change after recruitment happens). No amazing medical skill nor new xenotype, but a pigskin who has double passions in craft will be nice. Could use someone helping NGDB make assorted blocks and other crap.

Good god, leave Ashsaber alone! Thats the third time he's been jumped by insects in like 4 days.

In fact, just to deal with these drat manhunter spikes I'm starting to build embrasures around the entrances to the tunnels just so I can bring some mechs out there and have them drafted and standing there to shoot at any who approach. Since nothing wants to go to the loving kill zone I may as well do this to get the jackasses who want to do onsie twosie on the walls. As for the door on the embrasure, there is a plasteel armored door. This thing has a whopping 1,260 health but also gets a significant buff to breaching weapons. These are from Vanilla Furniture Expanded - Architect, there is also an armored wall version that gets that buff. Explicitly if you're sick and tired of breaching raids.

And speaking of raids, lookie here! Something I've been trying to do for a very long time! Besides sending toxpacks back at you, sometimes you get a raid. And in this case, for tribes who don't have access to drop pods its their only way to retaliate.

Oh for gently caress's sakes.

Of course the cheating fucks who spawned right behind the colony with the least amount of defenses got in first.

BLT tried to contribute with a tox launcher, but it doesn't work well when the enemy can just run through the gas with no ill effects. Thankfully some friendlies just so happened to be visiting and basically saved them from being killed.

God, melee mechs are nowhere near as good as when they're against you. But we manage to deal enough damage to get this southern force to run off. Bios' neat attack is a beam... but uh... its a tad bit annoying for the fact it sets things on fire.

Of course the northern force is evenly spreading themselves out all around the outer edge. I swore I downloaded a mod that reduced melee damage to walls but they're easily punching through the drat things anyways.

For the one area that actually did get the embrasures up, DN hocks a loogie at the enemy which instantly kills one and has the other run off.

Some of the raiders finally start amassing over here... then after destroying the toxifier they promptly turn around :mad:

I have NGDB summon a militor and have it just stand outside the bunkers to get the raiders to actually come over here. Enough finally show up to cause a route.

Welp, this was to be expected. I have a mod that is supposed to keep them to only spawning in dark areas... which is an issue when the mushroom farming area HAS to be dark.

So bios' beam weapon sets the farm on fire and Chaos decides its time to loving bounce and pig out.

An absolute clusterfuck happens and I had to get whatever nearby mech drafted to start fighting whatever insectoid left the room. And now its time to extinguish the flames, what with this 1k loving degrees good lord. I go gently caress it and decide the growing room is a lost cause and let everything burn. Apparently this also destroyed every nutrient paste we had in the containers in the same room.

... Alright Perry tell me how you really feel. Jesus christ.

Starting all over again :sigh: Colonists are gonna have to chow down on some of that insect meat paste that the livestock have going.

This is a piece of art DN made, which I think would fit perfectly in the prison room. Also DN is apparently a Simple Plan fan.

Free wastepacks?! Lets see, the implant would be nice... if we had anyone I would trust to do any kind of surgery in the colony. I don't see an immediate use for that resin... or even know what its used IN. The rocket launcher would be nice, we can sell the psytrainer. But whats the sculpture?

OK, that is pretty loving metal. It will fit nicely in the rec room.

Senrath is now officially part of the colony. And now for a proper hazing.

ChaosDragon is also gonna be a part of this hazing. First he'll drop off one of the nuke shells we had many moons ago.

Senrath has the rocket launcher...

That certainly thinned their numbers! Wasn't quite as big of an explosion as I was expecting though...

Next up, I found some satchel chargers in the wastes. So Senrath gets close and chucks one over...

Run awaaaaaaay

... huh, this would be the part I would expect them to come out of their cocoons. Well, needless to say Senrath clears the rest out real quickly. I think it is time for a celebration!

... Why isn't this working. There is a ritual spot right there. I even picked it up and placed it directly on the spot. So because I didn't want an altar for this ideology, I'm locked out of this festival. Fantastic.

Time for a dance party instead.

Its wild to me how successful these are considering there was no lightball or speakers, compared to my last colony where every ritual failed.

ChaosDragon
Jul 13, 2014
So how are we doing so far? What about the mimic situation?

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

First day joined and I get to play with the rocket launcher? Awesome.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

ChaosDragon posted:

So how are we doing so far? What about the mimic situation?

The mimic was sent to a farm upstate via gunshot

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Our toxic parties must always be the raddest in the frozen wastelands.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Is that poo smeared all over the restroom walls or rust?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Rust, the scavenger precept makes walls look rusty

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
SPACE BUGS :argh:

Also, love that the solution to getting rid of farm bugs was to get rid of them all, along with the farm, due entirely to deathray problems.

Ashsaber fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Aug 2, 2023

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

all systems nominal

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

For the ritual spot, you probably need the bigger ideology glyph, not the lovely little diamond.

Also, slides something into your pocket.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Ashsaber posted:

Also, love that the solution to getting rid of farm bugs was to get rid of them all, along with the farm, due entirely to deathray problems.

It unintendedly led to the best solution to taking out infestations: Burning them out

DoubleNegative posted:

For the ritual spot, you probably need the bigger ideology glyph, not the lovely little diamond.

Also, slides something into your pocket.

It sucks cause I don't want to do that, cause then I need to make a room and have it all have flooring and put columns and god I don't care

Also I'll stick with the romance as is, cause I like to imagine with each failed romance attempt.... they go o/~How can this happen to me o/~

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Leal posted:

It unintendedly led to the best solution to taking out infestations: Burning them out

It sucks cause I don't want to do that, cause then I need to make a room and have it all have flooring and put columns and god I don't care

Also I'll stick with the romance as is, cause I like to imagine with each failed romance attempt.... they go o/~How can this happen to me o/~

I really don't like using graziers, yes setting enemies on fire is nice, but last I checked enemies on fire have noclip and yours do not, enemies on fire can run further into your base spreading fire, and your on fire colonists will stand in one place unable to put out the fire and contually get locked in melee until they fall over and burn to death.

You can put the ideology temple room in the rear end end of somewhere, you don't need it readily accessible unless you got artifacts for people to stare at or you got lots of religious ceremonies, you don't need to do ceremonies or conversions except maybe once or twice every 15 days.

Repeated romance failures are funny until you get people doing dumb stuff like going catatonic or deciding to leave the colony during a fight.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

SugarAddict posted:

I really don't like using graziers, yes setting enemies on fire is nice, but last I checked enemies on fire have noclip and yours do not, enemies on fire can run further into your base spreading fire, and your on fire colonists will stand in one place unable to put out the fire and contually get locked in melee until they fall over and burn to death.

You can put the ideology temple room in the rear end end of somewhere, you don't need it readily accessible unless you got artifacts for people to stare at or you got lots of religious ceremonies, you don't need to do ceremonies or conversions except maybe once or twice every 15 days.

Repeated romance failures are funny until you get people doing dumb stuff like going catatonic or deciding to leave the colony during a fight.

or they flip out and slaughter your colony's holy bear and start a mental break spiral because venerated animals are a loving trap

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

silentsnack posted:

or they flip out and slaughter your colony's holy bear and start a mental break spiral because venerated animals are a loving trap

Have an ideology ritual to summon luciferium bugs, or thrumbos, or if you got SoS2 you can summon archio thumbros or archio muffolows.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Polluting Collective 7

Some of you may have noticed to the left of the tunnel leading to the helicopter there's been an N marking the spot. Well behold, the Rimatomics table! And that N? Nuclear.

All the research is done through this research bench. We also have to purchase the rights to start researching. We could go down the power route... but we got a lot already with toxifiers so lets go for something different.

Radiation suits, which I believe will also help with pollution resistance. But really, I want those MOPP suits on the right, especially that snow one. Look at them, don't they look loving cool? Definitely matches well with this faux Metro 2033 look I want this colony to go with.

I moved the corpses to be in the barn food room and used this space for the crafting room. Those tool chests have surprising range on them, the one on the far right can still reach the tailor bench. Also I don't think I have mentioned what workbench the light blue one next to the tailor bench is. Its a mending bench. Combining some textiles and steel at a tailor bench will make mending kits, which are used as fuel for the mending bench. This way I can fix up damaged apparel instead of needing to make a whole new set. God I miss rimworld of magic and the ability to just use spells to fix clothes.

Especially with how easy the mechanitor's headsets break.

Well drat, thanks Perry. I guess this is so when you inevitably send another 3 waves of manhunting insects, we got a chain shotty to deal with them all.

Psychic ship dropped on by, this one with a female drone. I don't want to deal with this.

Oh, of course a loving NUKE didn't kill them all, or even the ones right next to it.

Thats it, no more melee mechs. Not unless they want to act like these hostile mechs who have taken multiple shots from a charger lance and kept trucking. No, I'm not complaining that someone awful got swarmed, I'm complaining that those scythers took a nuke and then ran across an open field and still had enough hit points to stand there and fight, meanwhile the one I hacked instantly got downed on the word go and then someone awful didn't last much longer. This game is loving cheating me :mad:

A nearby hunting site opened up and I'm having NGDB and SugarAddict punch a raider. We don't get any human raids, how am I supposed to use this nifty prison I made and do war crimes IF THERE ARE NO HUMANS TO CRIME AGAINST

How does a pawn with 5 melee manage to kill someone with their fist :byodood:

Someone Awful is reborn as something that wont die in every battle.

A mobile mortar platform. How useful would this be in the tunnels? Seeing how little anything wants to actually go into the tunnels I don't see how that is an issue :argh:

BLT is practicing some medication while NGDB sleeps...

Which produces this here item that another pawn can fertilize. Like DN. Note: While making ovums and fertilizing them is vanilla gameplay, same sex fertilization is not possible. I had to mod that. Also lmao at the hearts forming as fertilization happens.

Does this count as cheating?

You can insert that into a surrogate mother, but I aint got time for that. Also pregnancy effects efficiency. So in comes the growth vat! Besides gestating embryos they are also used to age up children, but gestation takes twice as much nutrition. Look at that, 6 points a day! Thats about as much as 3 pawns worth of food every day. Thankfully I just did that raid on a hunting site with a bunch of pemmican, so we should be good on that. Also note the nutrient paste indicator, we could hook these right up to the system. But I don't want to run the tubes down here.

It takes 9 days for gestation to finish. Then you have to have the baby grow into a child, then the child to an adult... You're in it for the long haul.

And speaking of growing up, BLT has hit their final growth moment :toot: This time they absolutely killed it with the growth points and hit tier 8, amazing what happens when you actually want to do something besides nature walks and sky dreaming. For the trait option well... almost all of those are not too great. Quick sleeper though? Sleeping half as much? Yes ma'am.

And then a whopping 3 passions. May as well get a double passion for medical and a point for intellectual cause we always need some more research. For the last skill... I guess construction can work. No shortage of building projects in this colony, plenty of walls and maintenance work to be done.

BLT proceeds to explode out of their kids clothes and need to switch to adult ones, good thing I had a bunch on standby. Also they gain a lot of weight. Oink oink.

An annoyance with the rimatomics stuff needing its own bench is that I frequently have to tell pawns to manually research at its own bench and even lock them in because they'll stop midway to head to a regular research bench. But there are also skill requirements for certain research steps. To do the second research in the clothing we need someone with 5 crafting. Thankfully NGDB can handle this step.

A nearby ancient complex has been languishing in the quest log, so I check it out. This isn't any fancy one, just a ho hum complex. And right off the bat there is a room with a few insects. Its dawning on me that for the most part complexes will have either bugs or mechs, meaning the tox guns aren't the best thing. Now I wish I didn't recycle NGDB's bioencoded masterwork pistol.

Among the loot is this beauty. Well, it would be if I used one handed weapons. I guess I can chuck this onto BLT. Robust trait, this in one hand and a monosword in the other should do some damage.

Back at base some frost behemoths went mad and look at this, they're in the kill tunnel! They didn't just swarm a random chunk of wall! This is perfect for Senrath to start grinding out that shoot skill with an LMG. And note the turret nearby, my plan is to throw those outside of the embrasures so hostiles will go after them. When there isn't any though I just keep them inside the embrasure.

Speaking of embrasures, I knock out the walls here and put up some embrasures, then I set up an armored wall and plasteel door behind it. The main purpose of this is so I can have colonists/mechs step out there to shoot any manhunters that want to hang around outside.

I also get Ashsaber out here to clear cut the hills. Gives the enemy less cover.

And hoo boy, look at all of that pollution! Don't eat the green snow now!

To give me an excuse to head out of base I pay a visitor for a quest. C'mon, no whammies no whammies...

:what:

A space marine huh? Could always use another gu... wait. Last time I accepted someone through this event they were a drat skin job. Begone!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I have NGDB + escorts going through a nearby biotech lab. That is, biotech. Not genetics. Thats the difference between one mod and another, this one doesn't have hybrid animals but it does have some genepacks laying around. Also this one noted that hostiles may be around and one did come walking in.

There were a few duds in there, but this pack right here is a good one. And yeah, genepacks can have multiple genes in them, but only count for 1 slot in the library. I did get one from our colonist.... it was aggressive and poor artist :downs:

Whats interesting though are the genes in this pack. This has to be from a sanguophage, cause they also get attractive, regeneration and pyrophobia. Pyrophobia is a fun one, it makes your pawn have a mental break when they see fires!

I'd like to get an impid in the colony, so this is something I'm gonna try out. Instead of punching them and hope they don't die, what if I just shoot them a few times and let them bleed? They're gonna lose consciousness after enough blood is lost anyways.

Or that can happen I guess. I have never tried so hard to do warcrimes and have the game do everything in its power to keep me from doing that.

Back at base a hostile caravan comes walking through and is headed directly for those insects.

:sickos:

Wait there is still that many remaining?! You useless assholes! How do you have access to AOE fire and you can only manage to kill like 4 bugs?!

Fine I'll do it myself! This will also give me a chance to show off the mech control tower by the helicopter. You can set a mechanitor as the owner and it'll put that mechinator's command radius around it. So in this case I can just send the mechs over to here instead of needing to walk NGDB nearby. I'll want to pop one near the bunkers as well, that way I can have the mechs go to whatever defensive spot is needed or even split them up, without needing to run NGDB around.

And look at that, I got myself an impid after all :razz:

Impids. They spit fire. The very fast runner gene gives an impressive .40 move speed. As seen they can spit an AOE of fire and are of course resistant to fire themselves, only taking a quarter of flame damage and having a massively decreased chance of catching on fire. With their slow wound healing and weak melee, you want these dudes at range. Good thing they can run fast, eh?

Cold weakness sounds bad but... isn't really that bad. Its only 9 degrees. That said though... well...

How absolutely perfect for a polluting industrial faction to have this happen to!

Aw look at that, little babby silentsnack. Now newborns well... they don't do much. You thought a 3 year old was a leech. Hell you'll need to make them their own bed in the form of cribs, you need to have their own special food made, there are toyboxes for the baby, pawns will constantly need to care for them...

Get your rear end back in there. There is absolutely zero reason to not age babies to children. There is no growth moment mechanic or anything.

NGDB has thoughts about this. DN doesn't care cause of psychopathy.

Speaking of psychopathy, time to scavenge. The mod that lets me repair stuff also lets me recycle clothing. So I can break down all these tainted outfits.

What... what in the actual gently caress. Why?!

Perry has a sick sense of humor. I should probably start doing some research in bionics sooner rather than later...

Aw yeah, check it. Now NGDB is ready to shoot Bond in Surface. And as a bonus: 40% tox resistance. A mask will give another 40%, as well as a 45% reduction to psychic sensitivity for some reason. These do slow down the pawn and, again for some reason, reduce social impact. Look at that outfit. Just loving look at it. Would you not want to talk to someone wearing that suit?

Also its at this point I realize the mechanitors cannot wear head gear with arrays.

Progress proceeds with rimatomics, this is for the reactor research. The second step requires building this research reactor which... is only used for research. No seriously, you look at the building description and its just "Research reactor". Whats amazing though is that Breadmaster and DoubleNegative are here looking at it and not going to the research benches.

I pop open the map and whoa holy poo poo look at that! This entire planet was all cold biomes, the warmest would be boreal forests, but now all the tundra turned into arid shrublands and the ice sheets turned into cold bogs!

The southern half of the planet are all jungles and tropical rain forests! I certainly hope the propane here doesn't start thawing and ignite :ohdear:

About drat time you walked the walk!

That IS a lot of dudes though... hrm...

By the way, mechanitors can summon threats multiple times. Each time it comes back stronger, up to 8 tiers. After the 8th time it'll go back to tier 3.

I quickly put up some barbed wire to keep raiders from hugging the walls and move the turret out of the bunker so raiders will go after it. Note the green barrels, those cost 40 steel and 5 tox packs to make a tox barrel. And then I got BLT there holding something special.

A toxbomb launcher. Gonna be launching gas all over there until the raiders show up.

I got the mechs here taking potshots at the raiders as they run through.

As the mechs get worn down I have them retreat, right as a triple rocket launcher gets fired. Will they make it :ohdear:

Talk about a close one.

Meanwhile Diabolus just nuked half his escort. GG.

And he just ate a triple rocket launcher for us. Thanks bud!

Finally they arrived at the gates. I did have BLT shoot outside with tox launchers but there was 2 god drat raiders with 14-20 shooting and bolt actions who immediatly hit them. Even with tough reducing damage by half that took a large chunk of health.

A nice perk to the tox launchers: They reduce sight and breathing, so less move speed AND they can't shoot as good.

That got really close, everyone is a bit beat up, it isn't helped at all that the mech's injuries made them take for god drat ever to get over here.

I'll just end this off with a note of the luckiest turret around.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
For anyone who doesn't already know, Rimworld without any changes has a % chance to just outright kill any 'enemy' pawn that gets downed, regardless of wound severity, based on your population. This chance starts at 50% with just one player pawn, and goes up from there, at 5 pawns it is a 61.65% chance, 11 pawns means an 80% chance, or in other words by that point you could beat an enemy with nerf bats from 1 melee skill pawns until they go down and there is only a 1 in 5 chance they survive.

There is, of course, a mod to fix that.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Leal posted:

Progress proceeds with rimatomics, this is for the reactor research. The second step requires building this research reactor which... is only used for research. No seriously, you look at the building description and its just "Research reactor". Whats amazing though is that Breadmaster and DoubleNegative are here looking at it and not going to the research benches.

My counterpart is just staring at it in awe going "I could blow up the whole goddamn world with this thing."

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Polluting Collective 8

Awkward....

Now that I've had an actual raid with raiders who actually go to the base instead of playing grab rear end in the wastes, I took some notes. This kill zone sucks poo poo. Raiders hitting the walls does sound nice in stalling them, but I want them to run through it. So I'm gonna rip most of the walls down and then rebuild them with 2 spaces, this should give them space to decide to run instead of punching walls. Then I'll throw barricades on one side of the tiles and trap the other side. This way colonists and friendlies who decide to run over here can pass in safety, while raiders will prioritize the speed of not going over barricades and will run into the traps.

Then there is the issue of the bunker facing outward, ideally I'd like to fire at raiders heading to the maze, but any with a bolt action or sniper could just hug the hills and fire into the bunker, often out of range of whoever was inside. I'll probably just throw rock chunks along that wall so they can't take cover.

Then there is the issue of the barbed wire, apparently raiders can just waltz on top of it like its nothing. In fact that closest corner to the bunkers had this raider that basically solo'd the drat colony, they wouldn't get hit while spraying their LMG perfectly through the embrasures. I thought these things provided 80% cover :argh: And the guy was inhaling toxgas, so his eyesight was not at peak performance :argh: :argh: I'm gonna wall up that area so its just one corner and the corner is further off.

Speaking of further off, that little tunnel heading to the left. Raiders with bolt actions were running into there so they could fire at the colonists with no risk of return fire. Gonna wall that up. Or trap it. Maybe some wooden flooring and a single IED trap...

And then there is the issue of the bunkers themselves not being designed well. I thought the whole semi rounded thing looked cool, but really a straight line of cover would be best. Then all the colonists are able to be in a perfect firing line, and it may be better to, instead of having the entire bunker be an embrasure, to go embrasure wall wall embrasure, so colonists can be ducking behind walls and peeking around to fire through the embrasure. I'll go and build a straight wall where the caves curve on the right, this way we'll have access to the embrasure facing outside behind the cover rather than out of it. Also I'll restructure the doors that give access further in to not be able to be shot into, that was also an issue where I tried to retreat someone and they got blasted before the doors closed.

A mechinator complex popped and... well thats not loving fair, is it?

Yeah thats bullshit.

.... Alright so where the hell is it? What a complete waste of time and fuel. Though now we have an excess of raw food, I can start refining it into chemfuel.

And there we go, SilentSnack is now a proper colonist. While in a growth vat babies will also get "growth vat knowledge", which is to let them get some form of skills while growing up. So they popped out with 2 melee skill, on top of the 4 shooting their genes let them have. So you could make a xenotype with the +8 shooting and/or melee gene and then mass produce a bunch of soldiers by aging them through the vat.

SilentSnack's first meal with (a) mom. Also Breadmaster is considered their stepfather. Isn't this all just... so wholesome?

Its just such a shame that SilentSnack has to see (a) mom with a burnt eye! But how can we fix this issue? Well we can research bionics, but I really want to get all this genetic stuff going already... Can't really buy any cause we're in bumblefuck nowhere and there is no one to buy them from. Hrm....

Meet Misaki here. Just some random baseliner who has no unique genes. I've been using her for scanning subcores (drat shame the mechanitor complex bugged out :argh: ) and interrogations. But well, she has a perfectly functional eye... I have no intention to recruit her.

I've done 3 colonies in LPs and haven't once done this. I think its time to finally embrace the crimes. Also this gives BLT medical training. But now DoubleNegative has a perfectly good eye! If you think I'm the monster for doing this, you're the monster for not letting DN have a good eye to look at their daughter with!

Just look at how happy SilentSnack is now! Outside in -57 degree weather, looking at the sky in the polluted snow. Wait hold up.

DN doesn't care if SilentSnack is happy or not. NGDB however gets a +6 mood bonus.

WHY DON'T YOU LOOK AT ME IN THE EYE WHEN I TALK TO YOU

God I feel like such a dick.

Meet Slaan, the Belicor. They're basically Militor's +1. I don't really have many options at this tier for some close range, but still ranged, mechs. These are slightly hardier than pikemen though. And they only need a standard subcore.

Welcome Fajita Queen, to the colony. Its funny that the person with the best plants skill is an impid who burns stuff. Not digging their flame ability taking a whopping 5 days to cool down though. Also funny that they got double passion in melee when impids get a whopping 50% damage penalty to melee. I'll be tossing an advance tox rifle their way.

I think its time to finally upgrade our mech capabilities. The building on the left is a mechband, you can tune it to a mechinator to extend their bandwidth by one. The one on the right will let us summon a war queen.

Slightly more of an escort for the queen. Also the building is destroyed when we summon her.

Behold! Her majesty!

Its a centipede with a big head, why do people find the queen more disturbing? Also note the "Can create urchins" thing, it does say that she "contains" 600 steel.

C'mon I doubled the space, for gently caress's sakes!

Battle finally gets joined and things are working much smoother. Kinda. Some pawns aren't able to get shots that I feel they should be able to. I'm gonna redo the embrasures and just do embrasure wall embrasure wall, so colonists can lean in both directions.

And these are the urchins that the queen keeps spitting out.

All that steel, being wasted on these :negative:

Also the I'm noting another issue: The pikemen are able to shoot while being out of range. I think I'm just gonna have to build up a wall in front of that water puddle to keep long range attackers from sitting out of our colonists range.

God loving dammit! Well I guess Misaki is still in the prison cell...

BLT, getting an inspiration after hacking a lung out of a prisoner and installing it into a colonist. This colony is hosed up.

A mech raid happened with a bunch of scythers. I was just mentioning that, these wounds have nothing to do with that. When they ran up to embrasures to damage them I just had someone walk over and shoot them. No these wounds are from THREE SOCIAL FIGHTS that happened during that. First BLT and Chaos get into a fight. Then BLT immediately talks poo poo to NGDB and they fight. Then after getting bandaged Chaos stands up and picks a fight with Senrath. Alright you assholes you can knock that the gently caress off!

Oh god what

:gibs:

And to think I just released Misaki because she kept having mental breakdowns.

Breadmaster's no good very bad day. But hey... BLT now has 9 medical skill. Oh and NGDB is currently having a mental breakdown and hiding in "her" room. What is this possessive, its everyone's bedroom comrade!

NGDB takes Slaan and Fajita over to a biotech lab and oh, thats right. Global warming, so this area is now a cold bog. Basically a cold swamp. And man, look at all that wood which is at a complete premium back at base... Unfortunately this was a bust, all the genes were rear end, also everyone was near starving so I didn't stick around to get much wood.

Behold, the gene archive! This is a modded item that holds 6 times the amount of gene packs for only double the space. Can't really do much with genes until we get more (useful) genepacks...

Speaking of, a slaver comes on through and happens to have this for sale. This gene will reduce toxins by 50%! I do grab it... but then I kinda think about how Chaos has total antitoxic lungs which gives full immunity to gas. We just need to get lucky and have it finally drop. I don't exactly want to continuously inject pawns with different xenogerms, as it knocks them out for a while.

Oh and I should explain why there is a red background on this: I have a mod that will show if there is a gene in the gene library. Red means we don't, green is we do and I think yellow is we do and its part of a large gene pack. Cause here is something else I just learned: When multiple genes are in a gene pack you cannot apply just one gene from it. So that one genepack that had attractive, strong healing and pyrophobia? I have to have all 3 applied, I can't exclude say the pyophobia. There are ways to fix this... we just need more humans attacking the colony.

Here is an overview of the colony, its been a while. I'm making some changes and setting down plans for future expansion.

One of the bigger changes is moving the growing area off to the side. Since the mushroom farms have to be dark it may be best to have the farms off to the side instead of in the center of the colony. Also separating out the sunlamp from the mushrooms, so if I do need to torch the mushrooms again then at least there will still be stuff growing in another room. Also I have some embrasures set up in the farm room with a surprise being built on the other side...

I set up plans for the animals genetics room in the south and up top I plan on having the mechanoid workshop. The planning mod has a neat feature to save and load plans, so I was able to build things in god mode so I can see the spacing, place the plans and then save it.

Jesus, 3 resurrector serums?! SIGN ME UP

Whats that, this is why embrasures are OP, because manhunters can't handle them?

Yeah? Well, gently caress manhunters.

And gently caress infestations while I'm at it. Why yes, these two events ARE happening simultaneously.

Hope they enjoy the flame turret.

Hrm.. note: Build the flame turret out of non flammable material. Like with some of that uranium we just got dropped in.

Despoiler ship has dropped on in, I get everyone set up nearby...

I set up a high explosive AND EMP shell near this bunch of centipedes. Then I have NGDB hack the one on the far right.

Or not :shepface: This puts the ability on cooldown by the way

And then DN explodes one of the centipedes, which also sets off the other explosives.

DN hocks some acid before retreating further back and I have Senrath take advantage of the ship chunk to chuck a satchel charge from safety.

Of loving course the centipede would ignore the much closer Slaan and just shoot after DN and take a kidney out on the first volley.

I loving hate centipedes so god drat loving much they're the most awfully balanced horseshit in this game. Those deaths all happened with just 2 centipedes remaining. gently caress centipedes.

Good thing we got 3 of these then, eh? And hey on the upside, DN's missing kidney and pinky are also back.

Yeah well when they stop deciding that being antisocial means you need to go on the complete opposite end of the map instead of just not talking to anyone, they can march their rear end back to the tap and get their food :mad:

What is this Perry, a fig leaf? I'd love to send someone out to kill them but everyone is either wandering in a mental state, too wounded to move or are currently downed from revival sickness.

Got these frostlings that keep wanting to jump colonists as soon as they step outside. And I don't get it, because I have a spot outside the caves to drop off human bodies in some water so they decompose faster. But they stay frozen, so they should still be edible for these. Also rip Ashsaber again.

I'll end this on something positive: Silentsnack watching (a) mom train the tox foxes.

Leal fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Aug 7, 2023

Breadmaster
Jun 14, 2010
So how long until this becomes a Ship of Theseus deal, where all our bits are replaced one by one?

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

I think the issue with your raiders targeting irrelevant walls is that your poo poo is walled off a little too well. Raiders/mechs/etc need to be able to path to a relatively valuable building or plant or item to steal/burn/smash so you need to hold open doors to allow them to "see" a path to a workstation/farm/warehouse/etc. Otherwise they can't find a valid destination to give them a reason to path through your defense maze so they just punch the nearest colony-owned object which happens to be your walls.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Perry's an rear end in a top hat.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Look, if they weren't meant to donate a lung and eye then why would they come in with two of each?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Slaan posted:

Look, if they weren't meant to donate a lung and eye then why would they come in with two of each?

DoubleNegative posted:

Perry's an rear end in a top hat.

:hmmyes:

silentsnack posted:

I think the issue with your raiders targeting irrelevant walls is that your poo poo is walled off a little too well. Raiders/mechs/etc need to be able to path to a relatively valuable building or plant or item to steal/burn/smash so you need to hold open doors to allow them to "see" a path to a workstation/farm/warehouse/etc. Otherwise they can't find a valid destination to give them a reason to path through your defense maze so they just punch the nearest colony-owned object which happens to be your walls.

I'm realizing I have a decoy structure that is supposed to "distract enemies" I wonder if putting a few of those around the kill tunnel will attract the enemy.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Ahem:

Ashsaber posted:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Polluting Collective 9

Alright, Perry is out and Randy is in. There are certain events I've been waiting to finally pop and I'm not sure if maybe using a custom story teller is breaking things. I'd figure the guy who makes events happen constantly would eventually pop these events but nope. I am rekindling an old flame with my friend Randy. Flame. Because the bottom of his hair is yellow while the top is red.

Meet our newest prisoner. drat man, hearing loss, clogged heart AND bad back?

.... Well just stay alive another 4 hours so we can get your genes. (It was psychically dull)

This wont be too bad of a reward, but I especially want those humanoid raiders coming in.

God I wish I could tell them to just come inside of the base for a bit. There is that nearby bunker I could fire from, but with my luck I'd kill them in the crossfire..

Oh my god, you guys have guns, you know you don't have to rush forward right?

Yeah?! And whose loving fault was that?!

So I managed to down 2 of the raiders and patched up the wounds of one, just for them to stand up and start fighting and then dying upon getting punched. How can you go from bleeding out in a few hours to being able to stand right back up after losing that much blood :argh:

Still, at least we got 1.

Scavenging a nearby biotech lab, all the genes there were duds (The wimpy gene? Seriously? Oh yeah, I want my pawns falling down everytime they stub their toe) but this could be useful. It changes a xenotype, with all the genes in it. Gonna use this on a prisoner.

Good job you stupid rear end in a top hat. Your friends went down south and through the caves, maybe you should've followed.

Oh god dammit!

Alright lets do some genetic fuckery. Anti tox to prevent buildup of pollution and a fast healing that I picked up from a trader. Nothing too complicated, but would be pretty useful. NGDB will be getting a dose of this. After selecting them a surgery will be needed along with 4 medication. Herbal medicine will work just fine!

And there we go, double healing and nearly full tox immunity with the MOPP suit. Though this will knock them out for 2 days, also it inflicts a "regrowing genes" health effect which will kill them if we try to extract their genes. As far as I know there is nothing stopping us from changing the genes again, we just can't extract. The coma time is apparently effected by skill and what medication is used, but eh. For all I know 20 medic and glitterworld medicine just shaves a few hours.

I started getting notifications of stuff spoiling and I looked outside and holy poo poo the snow is melting and its hitting over 45 degrees. I actually need to build coolers now. Aint that a twist?

Behold, the next tier of subcore production! The RIPcore! What does it do?

Oh it rips and tears...

And thus did the pacifist throw a prisoner into a machine that mulches their gray matter.

And now you are probably seeing why I'm annoyed at how little human raids I've been getting. Hopefully no longer being in the negatives temperature wise will actually get some raiders coming in.

... What?! They have heatstroke at 40 degrees?!

Alright, I got a frozen column built in the room now to keep them cool. I barely manage to make it in time to keep a breeding pair alive.

Here is SilentSnack "watching work be done" as Chaos shoots at a dummy.

NGDB and some mechs head over to a hunting site with a lot of pemmican but more importantly: Humans to imprison die when they trip over a rock.

SugarAddict and SomeoneAwful both got downed, annoyingly enough.

But hey, did get 2 prisoners! Also if you were wondering whats up with the antennas coming out of NGDB's back, its a bandwidth pack that gives a whopping +9 bandwidth. And soon we will have some new toys to play with :getin:

Speaking of subjects to turn into high persona cores, looks like someone just volunteered with the 3 consecutive panic attacks they just had.

... It kills them, who cares if it they have scanning sickness!

Doing a random trade run and look at what I just happened to find at the store? Of course I already gave NGDB an injection of a non immune version :shepface: Actually this one is even better than what wasters get, as those just give immunity to breathing in toxins, meanwhile this one completely negates toxins, even ones done with attacks.

And Chaos spat out this genepack with all kinds of amazing genes. That unattractive gene though... this colony already has enough social fights. So we're gonna try something here, I'll make this xenogerm and inject it in one of our baseline prisoners.

A raid happens and look at that beautiful toxic barrel exploding :getin: :hf: :barf:

Also note the stack of rocks. Its to keep the enemy from taking cover too close to the embrasure, but if any of them decide to climb on top they get no cover until they fully clear that pile of rocks.

What happened to the beautiful snow :sigh:

After 2 days of waiting for him to get out of a coma I extract Gryphos genes, which kills him and all I got to show for it was the only gene I DIDN'T want from that pack. gently caress you Gryphos :mad: I guess at the very least I can get some silver off whatever genepacks I don't want.

RANDY MY MAN!

I'm gonna have to build a dedicated weapons locker for this near one of the bunkers because just carrying this gives -0.25 speed to the user. Getting my pawns to formation is already a gigantic pain in the rear end.

The sunlamp room is doing pretty well. Equal land for cotton, to be used in more MOPP gear primarily. Psychite for Chaos' dependency, though I do have all colonists carrying some flake to pop in anticipation of battles or for mood. Hops because the global warming has completely destroyed the rime plants, pretty much those, crystalline and frost leaves are no longer growing. Then I have some haygrass growing, but thats just for some straw flooring in the barn so I'll stop having that warning about animal filth popping up on the right. But that plot will be used as a wildcard, maybe I'll double up on hops or psychite or grow some poison ivy for more advance medication.

Ugh, another leech wanting charity. Wait whats the xenotype?

:stare:

F'NGTAH C'THULHU

Their genes are certainly interesting. On the downside frail back reduces carry capacity by 50%, frail skin has them take 10% more damage, brittle bones will have them suffer bone fractures if they're downed for any reason, and they do half damage with melee weapons. But if you're putting these guys in melee something horrifically wrong. Then there is underdeveloped teeth, which slows eating speed by 30%. I'm sure this effects paste somehow. Also depending on how you see it, tarlike blood will produce tar when they bleed which slows people down.

On the upside, these guys are very obviously good with psy stuff. Insanity blast is a berserk button, unstable mind makes a target easier to go into mental breaks and increases their psychic sensitivity. Devour brains will eat the brain of a still living, incapacitated target and get a multi day buff depending on the target's highest skill. Their super psy-sensitivity gene gives +40% psychic sensitivity, 20% psyfocus gain and 0.20 to their neural heat recovery. Then their psychic insanity will give them psychic bonuses when they're at lower moods and if they have catharsis going on it'll be even higher. There is... one more thing about them. That eldritch visage trait?

It gives -500 opinion to anyone who is not another eldritch, ensuring everyone absolutely loving hates them. But is that actually a downside? Everyone loving hates one another here already!

A siege? Really? Well if they're gonna do that... Time to call some back up.

Oh hai Diabolus, how're you? More friends this time eh?

Just to get this little babby militor someone fired a rocket directly into the back of their fellow raider, which set off some explosives and they immediately abandoned the siege.

Enough casualties happened taking out Diabolus that the raiders ran off. But not before helpfully building some artillery! A few mechanoid bodies to breakdown as well. And yeah, Diabolus drops a chip everytime he is killed.

drat, another group? I didn't even get a chance to collect stuff from the last siege. I can't even try summoning Diabolus again for another day and a half.

Little do they realize that our mech forces have been vastly upgraded

SomeoneAwful and Archenteron there are Optio mechs, who provide a sizeable shield around themselves.

Talow is a centipede with a minigun, no blaster wepon yet. Slaan and SugarAddict are the bellicors, for some close range fun. Now why do I have the child and Fajita Queen here? Well the mechs are just a distraction.

Yeah, that one with the SMG. Get his rear end.

My plan for Fajita queen really did not work out well, the fire spit's range is waaaaaay shorter then I planned. I was gonna have her spit on the explosive shells but welp.

:lmao:

Sorry dude, you're on your own. Thats just too much.

Winter is back and everything is regrowing again. Global warming is still happening, but everything is becoming a winter wonderland waste again. Which is good cause I really need some crystalline wood. Besides not being flammable, the stuff is worth less than wood furniture, keeping the raids smaller.

Yeesh, it was bad enough that Wallis arrived at age 9, but like 2 weeks before turning 10? No passions and his skills are rear end. At least he is the prettiest eldritch abomination out there. We could always use someone to dump psychic stuff on I guess... Now I regret ignoring quests that reward psylinks.

Put hay all around the barn, as well as its freezer. I guess the freezer is now also the living space for the frost behemoths, since they can't handle temps at a blazing 40 degrees. Man, how does a megaspider carry milk anyway.

If you were wondering about the former farm area, its where the new bunks will be. Its slightly more centralized. I finally give DoubleNegative and Breadmaster the double bed they've been wanting for years. Look, I just didn't want them boinking in the same room as children. I kinda cheat the spirit of the bunks by using a bathroom stall door for the door to their room, so its considered part of the bunks as a whole.

Also I upgraded to a larger table, which I used BLT's inspiration to create. It was only good quality :|

And in this new room I have a rimtendo system set up for everyone to play.

Oh c'mon, I have all those wastepacks out there in the snow and none of them caused an infestation. I have a few packs that I forgot to dump off the helicopter and they activate an infestation instantly.

... they destroyed the helicopter. Their cocoons destroyed the loving helicopter

When you can't burn them out, throw someone who can take melee hits (or mechs who are easy to fix) and set everyone up with guns behind them.

Besides more war mechs, we can now build some more worker mechs. Breadmaster gestates a Fabricor, which can do different craft jobs. Including butchering. Looks like something can go and butcher humans without the other colonists hating them

Oh, but thats not all that Breadmaster is doing today :getin:

And now he is riding the spider. Also in this image are some wasteffaloes

drat shame that most of these tox animals are destined to die really early. Also their meat will give toxins to whoever eats it and they drop waste leather which is not the greatest material for anything.

Oh and I may have just so happened to pick the female blizzarisk who had a egg growing. And yes, that does say that they produce hyperweave!

"If you do not wish to join the colony, my spider friend here will get to enjoy a light snack"

Hoffman up there is a neanderthal. Good for standing and fighting, not great at much else, with a 50% penalty to learning as well. But look at that, +50% melee damage, 25% damage reduction and half pain. The perfect beatstick.

Oh, what is this that NGDB is carrying?

Its been a long, tedious process that I've not mentioned until we finally hit this point. Breadmaster is loading those fuel rods into a reactor core. Below that is a turbine which requires not just steel and components, but also 250 turbine blades, made 10 at a time costing 10 steel each time. There is a steam pipe and a cold water pipe connecting the reactor with the turbine. On the far right is a voltage transformer to put the power from the turbine into a useable voltage for the colony.

Next to the rimatomics research bench is a reactor console, which connects to the reactor core. To actually do anything with the core you have to interact with the console, which the game doesn't mention at all. It requires having a pawn actually interact with it, which opens up a menu to set up your core. I'll show that in a minute, but first I want to note the light blue pipes leading to that structure to the top right. Thats a coolant pipe leading to a water cooler. Fun fact: The liquid propane is considered a body of water for this!

Checking the console we can see some stats here. To be able to actually put rods into the reactor you need to left click on the empty spots. And er... well I hit start and nothing is happening, I moused over different things and it says something about rods producing more power when next to other rods so... maybe I need another? The modder insists that the table explains everything but it hasn't mentioned poo poo about what to do after building those buildings. Hell it didn't even tell me where to make fuel rods in the first place.

By the way, to make fuel rods you need to make uranium pellets, which is 10 uranium to make 30 pellets. 100 pellets, some steel and silver makes a fuel rod. And its all done at the rimatomics machining table.

When you open the console there is also this screen here, and after futzing about I learn that slider on the far right, under the atomic symbol, is a flux something something. In short: I increased it and it started generating power. I'll play it by ear and add more rods, but for now I'm generating a little over 4k watts from this set up.

And with all that power, the potential for weapon systems greatly expands.

Leal fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Aug 10, 2023

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Oh yeah, I remember that reactor from watching BPL Rimworld videos.

Breadmaster
Jun 14, 2010
Always a good day when I can indulge in bloodlust through a loophole

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Are we the baddies?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Slaan posted:

Are we the baddies?

No no no, just immoral

JackSplater
Nov 20, 2014

Metal Coat? It's already active?!
I didn't know global warming could happen in Rimworld. Then again I only ever generated an ice planet as a joke, and didn't play it for very long.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
That is from the vanilla expanded events mod, its not in the base game

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Ahh, fission steam generator, hope you have auto-scram on, and egad that thing labor and resource intensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Have to admit, an infinite source of hyperweave seems extremely useful.