Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Happy I was finally able to get Jeff Mathis onto a grid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Jeff Conine at 23% throwing off my score.

That's weird he was only 4% for me :v:

I kinda gave up at the end and tanked my score but I'll take 70

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

That's weird he was only 4% for me :v:

I kinda gave up at the end and tanked my score but I'll take 70

I have him in Marlins/Orioles.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I figured, that's why I put the silly face

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Sydin posted:

Happy I was finally able to get Jeff Mathis onto a grid.

I've been trying to shoehorn him in somehow and totally didn't even think of him today!

I was so pumped to pull Brian Giles for the Pirates 100 RBI

You guys' rarity scores put mine to shame (110 today), but still happy to get a 0.1% with Sydney Ponson for Rangers/Royals

ozymandius1024 fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Aug 2, 2023

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

RC and Moon Pie posted:

And I thought I was doing great today.

e: See you were doing basketball. Not even trying on that.

I couldn't do Baseball if I was looking poo poo up lol so to each their own.

https://imgur.com/a/OKmqhkP
The grid for those interested.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I have no memory of Derrek Lee playing on the Orioles.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/BobbyBigWheel/status/1687088230724714497

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
First immaculate with a 252 rarity. How was Wade Boggs only 7% for a .300 season for Boston?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

maffew buildings posted:

First immaculate with a 252 rarity. How was Wade Boggs only 7% for a .300 season for Boston?

the answer to this question is, as always, recency bias

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Although in this case iirc, the most popular answer was Ted Williams.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I thought today's would have been a lot easier for me than it was. I got 6 of 9 pretty quickly and then stumped on NL stuff (again).

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Missed a 9 by trying to get cute. Didn't want to use the above mentioned .300 hitters for Boston. Yes, ace pitcher turned outfielder Smoky Joe Wood did hit .300, but did it for Cleveland and not Boston. Said screw it at that point and went with some obvious ones for the ROYs and 8/9 it is again.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Only one I missed today was the Ohio teams and then when I saw the top answer, I'm glad I forgot about him.

Most people used Buster Posey for SF/RotY, but I used Willie Mays for that and Buster Posey for .300/RotY.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
My baseball immaculate grids are never worth sharing (usually end up with about 6), but I was surprised to see that Jackie Robinson was a 1%-er for .300/ROTY

Also the football ones are insanely difficult for me despite being the sport I've followed in depth the longest. I need to brush up on my kickers and backup QBs.

Blind Pineapple fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Aug 4, 2023

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

9/9 with a rarity of 147 and only double-checking answers rather than searching. Probably my best showing.

Robbie Grossman continuing to pay dividends.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

rickiep00h posted:

9/9 with a rarity of 147 and only double-checking answers rather than searching. Probably my best showing.

Robbie Grossman continuing to pay dividends.

I cheated for top left because I didn't want to use the obvious answer but otherwise same, with a 70 :toot:

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
First 9/9 on baseball, and being an Astros fan paid off for the top left.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

8/9 with 210 rarity. I couldn't remember an A's and Dodgers player. Whoopsie doodle.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Felt like I had an okay mix of eras, too. Some from when I was a kid a, some from when I first really came back, some from now. NL stuff was again my weakness, but that's where the modern guys come in.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
9/9 which feels good after yesterday's grid slaughtered me. The 40+ HR's column was bad but I made it up elsewhere and managed to drag the rarity score down to 90:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

So happy I got to use Yan Gomes in today's grid

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

Remembering that Shawn Green was a 40 HR guy put a little pep in my step.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

rickiep00h posted:

Felt like I had an okay mix of eras, too. Some from when I was a kid a, some from when I first really came back, some from now. NL stuff was again my weakness, but that's where the modern guys come in.

Your grid confirmed my cowardice on LA/OAK denied me immaculate griddom :smith:

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

Immaculate for today's, and didn't use Barry Bonds, Willie Mays, or Hank Aaron :)

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

What the hell I was so certain Joe Morgan had a career average over .300. :psyduck:

And I'm always going to take any opportunity to put the greatest MVP ever, Dennis Eckersley on the list.

e: 8/9, which is by far my most common score

Kevlar v2.0 fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Aug 5, 2023

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

When am I gonna remember Sir Barrold didn't hit .300? This has to be the 3rd or 4th time I've tried to use him for that. Also, Mike Trout hasn't won a GG? Weird.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I thought today was the day but I didn’t realize the Silver Slugger has only been around since 1980

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

rickiep00h posted:

When am I gonna remember Sir Barrold didn't hit .300? This has to be the 3rd or 4th time I've tried to use him for that. Also, Mike Trout hasn't won a GG? Weird.

The 2nd one has absolutely gotten me in the past as well (same as Ted Williams not getting 3,000 hits)

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I thought today was the day but I didn’t realize the Silver Slugger has only been around since 1980

Lol, I seriously almost guessed before I checked that this morning to be sure. Same thing with RoY the other day.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

How is rarity calculated? I had a 0.4%, two 1%, two 2% and two 4% and a rarity of 54. Very confusing qnd self esteem crushing.

Prof. Spaceman
May 1, 2007

NOPE

So very close to single digits... drat you Raffy Palms!

⚾️ Immaculate Grid 125 9/9:
Rarity: 10
IMMACULATE!
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
Play at:
https://immaculategrid.com
@immaculategrid x @baseball_ref

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

maffew buildings posted:

How is rarity calculated? I had a 0.4%, two 1%, two 2% and two 4% and a rarity of 54. Very confusing qnd self esteem crushing.

Lower rarity = more rare. They just add up the percentages and it's worth 100 if you leave one blank.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

oh wow, so I did a good one then. incredible, thank you Cubsposter Kevlar 2.0 for helping me understand.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Dang I thought Pujols 500+ HR/GG would be clever but instead it was my only double digit at 11% :mad:

29 rarity score, definitely my best so far by a mile:

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
https://twitter.com/973TheFanSD/status/1687938844560355328?s=20

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

7/9 easily from memory, the last two (Brewers side squares) only took a little extra effort. I'm glad I don't care that much about rarity, because I got 7/9 yesterday and got almost the exact same score as today.

I have a feeling that if Carlos Santana has another few years of mediocre play left in him, he'll be a really good journeyman type choice.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Woo another immaculate day :toot:

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

Got my low score today! There's no way I could've gotten it down to a 14 without a Tigers column though.

I had some emergency guesses for Brewers/Tigers, but I tried to push it and really rack my brain to come up with Fernando Vina lol

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I got to use Lackey, Theriot, and Eckstein on the same grid. I'm also shocked that correa only came in at 4% on the Astros World aeries grid but 7% got The Machete for Cubs/Astros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Not the rarest grid by any means, but the first time I've gotten 9/9 two days in a row :toot: