Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The Chiefs don't hang a banner yesterday without Toney catching balls. It was basically the first week of camp for him, he shouldn't have played at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

kiimo posted:

The Chiefs fans overreaction at Toney was stupid and embarrassing. He deleted all his social media accounts.

It's one game, idiots

I bet it was Giants fans.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Yeah Toney, just like Frank Clark and Sammy Watkins, will always be minor Chiefs heroes because they balled the gently caress out in crucial postseason/SB moments despite largely being regular season disappointments

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's just fickle to turn on a guy this fast. The last game he played he was instrumental in lifting a banner. The next game he played he dropped some balls and fans were calling for him to be released because they're drunk and lost in both the sauce and their feelings.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Still mad at the chiefs RT no calls

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
DrOpPeD sOmE bAlLs

Dude got hit in the hands time after time and couldn't catch it. He's an nfl wr who has caught footballs his whole life there's no excuses for that. A drop here and there sure but all game??? Absolutely not

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
No man it sucked and I was pissed yesterday, but i have tempered my choler and brought the sanguine and phlegmatic to the fore. With my humors aligned I see that he just had a off night.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
He played terrible, but fans are the worst. I don't know how any of these guys deal with social media at all.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

a neat cape posted:

Why? The Chargers got away with it for loving ever.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

LiquidFriend posted:

Why? The Chargers got away with it for loving ever.

Yeah but I like them

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Pron on VHS posted:

No man it sucked and I was pissed yesterday, but i have tempered my choler and brought the sanguine and phlegmatic to the fore. With my humors aligned I see that he just had a off night.

I don't want the guy cut or anything. And at least he's getting open. But I will note this can be read as an understatement.

That wasn't just a bad game, that was a bad game.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I am glad this thread is a little alive. I’ll take a few more Chiefs losses in return for some invigorating discussion

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

a neat cape posted:

Yeah but I like them
If it's any consolation, I think it helped the Lions more than anything.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Also kc will be fine. It's the best kind of loss you can have. Early season to an out of conference team

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Even if they are a dumpster fire we have no room to bitch.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

LiquidFriend posted:

Even if they are a dumpster fire we have no room to bitch.

This is 100% how I feel

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

a neat cape posted:

Dude was practically lined up in the stands and has already started the first snap of the next game.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
what do you think felt worse, fans giving Toney a hard time after a bad game, or the time when Nelson Agholor, who had put it all together for 2017 and helped win a superbowl, got called out on the local news by a man who had just saved an infant from a burning building

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

indigi posted:

what do you think felt worse, fans giving Toney a hard time after a bad game, or the time when Nelson Agholor, who had put it all together for 2017 and helped win a superbowl, got called out on the local news by a man who had just saved an infant from a burning building

We Was Catching Them is absolutely worse at least at this point in time, because it became a cultural touchstone, however minor. It basically cemented Agholor's legacy in a way no performance in the span of the career he had left could ever undo.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Skyy Moore's problem is he tries to take off before he's secured the ball. And he doesn't seem to have fixed it.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

https://boltbeat.com/posts/chargers-fans-roast-drue-tranquill-chiefs-loss-lions well ok

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I did smile a bit

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

They may regret that week 7

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I am so glad Brett Kollman is working with the Chargers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAFWocz2yAA

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Metapod posted:

DrOpPeD sOmE bAlLs

Lol I didn’t know this was still a thing but it makes me feel youthful

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
When I was watching the chiefs receivers all mess up except MVS I was getting strong “Kelce’s not out here so someone has to step up” vibes. Like that was the message in the receiver room and it just put this crazy pressure on them and forced errors because they were trying to do too much or in their heads. You see this sometimes when a rookie gets like 2 snaps a game, too, they try to prove too much and fail.

We need a better WR coach or something.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ort posted:

When I was watching the chiefs receivers all mess up except MVS I was getting strong “Kelce’s not out here so someone has to step up” vibes. Like that was the message in the receiver room and it just put this crazy pressure on them and forced errors because they were trying to do too much or in their heads. You see this sometimes when a rookie gets like 2 snaps a game, too, they try to prove too much and fail.

We need a better WR coach or something.

They were getting open, that part wasn't the issue. Even on 4th and 25 there's a chance if Skyy reads that the same way Mahomes did and goes a little farther back and makes it an easier catch.

The Lions secondary is still kinda rough it seems/and or their coverage schemes are putting them in rough spots. It's week one, it's over-reaction week. We (every team) have a season to work this out.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

a neat cape posted:

I am so glad Brett Kollman is working with the Chargers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAFWocz2yAA

It’s good, he’s good, but now can some fancy LA stylist tell him to shave that soul patch goatee thing

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
https://twitter.com/Jacobs71/status/1700919003328188593?s=20

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
The Donkeys are looking pretty ok!

Edit: lol

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Russ did fine. Like…not a “put the game on your shoulders” performance. But he played…fine.

What’s missing?

I hate everything.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

What's fun is Denver's games against the Raiders last year are one of the few times Russell didn't look dogshit.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
beating Denver 7 times in a row is pretty cool despite knowing the Raiders will have a lovely year overall, like usual

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Imagine Mahomes with Tyreek Hill, he would throw for 5000+ yards and maybe even hit 50 tuddies

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Sheesh

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
And the raiders are leading the division

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

waffle enthusiast posted:

What’s missing?

The line sucks

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

Russ did fine. Like…not a “put the game on your shoulders” performance. But he played…fine.

No he didn't, he was complete poo poo. He doesn't even looks like he wants to be playing.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Withnail posted:

No he didn't, he was complete poo poo. He doesn't even looks like he wants to be playing.

He was 27 for 34, with 2 TDs and no ints. Decent QBR. He was also far more mobile than at any point in the season last year, and looked good when out of the pocket. He wasn’t the reason the Broncos lost that game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

He was 27 for 34, with 2 TDs and no ints. Decent QBR. He was also far more mobile than at any point in the season last year, and looked good when out of the pocket. He wasn’t the reason the Broncos lost that game.

if he just replicates that against a competent defense, things will be looking up