Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

LiquidFriend posted:

At first I was like nah but now I gotta say watching Mike Williams catch the game winning touchdown against the Chargers while Harbaugh gnaws at the air would amuse me.

He'd also stay healthy all year because god isn't real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

a neat cape posted:

He'd also stay healthy all year because god isn't real.

He'd miss half the season and then emerge in perfect form for the playoffs

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

The337th posted:

He'd miss half the season and then emerge in perfect form for the playoffs

Yeah this is more in line with normal Chiefs performance.

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
It worked with Sammy Watkins

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Jody Fortson is gone... ...who will Chiefs fans predict as a breakout candidate every year now

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I'm going with Kadarius Toney

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Pron on VHS posted:

I'm going with Kadarius Toney

Breakout of this roster and onto the street bitch

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

Midnightghoul posted:

Jody Fortson is gone... ...who will Chiefs fans predict as a breakout candidate every year now

Justyn Ross

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Skyy Moore will bambooozle us all with his new-found crisp route running and steady hands as pigs fly over the stadium

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

So wait did the Chiefs sign Mike Williams or not I can't tell

https://twitter.com/_MLFootball/status/1768349976046801058

apparently this guy can't be trusted?

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!

Fat Jesus posted:

Skyy Moore will bambooozle us all with his new-found crisp route running and steady hands as pigs fly over the stadium

Flying pigs provide the most tender rib meat

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

kiimo posted:

apparently this guy can't be trusted?

Let's see why people might say that:

On September 6, 2017, Carton was arrested by federal agents at his home in New York City on criminal charges of securities fraud, wire fraud and conspiracy to commit those offenses. Carton, Michael Wright, Dean Heiser and Joseph Meli were alleged to have defrauded $4.8 million from investors by falsely claiming that the group had access to millions of dollars of face-value concert tickets through nonexistent agreements with concert promoters. Although Carton proved in court via witness testimony and the Government also confirmed that he had bought the tickets in question, a parallel civil complaint filed by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission alleged that Carton used some of the funds from a ticket investor for gambling and only purchased the tickets at a later date. Trial testimony further proved that Carton had no existing gambling debt at the time when the alleged fraud was perpetrated. The question became whether his credit-card purchase of the tickets five weeks after he had allegedly misappropriated the funds that he had received for ticket purchases constituted fraud. Carton's lawyers argued that money is fungible and, as such, the manner in which Carton had purchased the tickets was not significant as long as he actually purchased them as he claimed. The jury accepted the government's version of events, and based on the evidence found Carlton guilty.

Carton was convicted of fraud on November 7, 2018, in Manhattan federal court after a week-long trial. Sentencing was scheduled for February 27, 2019, before being delayed until March 15. Carton was sentenced on April 5 to three and a half years in prison and ordered to make restitution of $4.8 million. He reported to the United States Penitentiary, Lewisburg minimum-security satellite camp on June 17, 2019, to begin serving a minimum of 36 months of a maximum 42-month sentence.

Carton was released from prison to a halfway house on June 23, 2020, and ultimately to home confinement. While in federal prison, he completed a 500-hour cognitive behavioral therapy course that made him eligible for release. Carton served his entire sentence and was released from federal custody on June 8, 2021.

:allbuttons:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Hoping this is somehow wrong/fake
https://x.com/mysportsupdate/status/1768461388492546510

edit: fuuuuuuck
https://x.com/RapSheet/status/1768461818203087337

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I hate this

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

I know he's old, but a 4th rounder, lol

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The337th posted:

I know he's old, but a 4th rounder, lol

With that contract.

The return isn't bad. But I am emotional right now.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

I guess the consolation will be when the Bears get the least out of him and make that pick look ok in retrospect

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Draft got more interesting WR vs Tackle at 5 just got spicy

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

https://x.com/adamschefter/status/1768466044308353093?s=46&t=ckPt10nE464AHv1IdSGFyg

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Time to also bring in Mike Williams and watch the world burn.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Well so much for the Chargers stopping KC this year

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

LiquidFriend posted:

Time to also bring in Mike Williams and watch the world burn.

If we get both put up a statue of Bark Vark wherever they build New Arrowhead (totally not Native American arrowheads)

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Marquise "Power & Light" Brown

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I guess I'll be the first to order Brown Rice

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

kiimo posted:

I guess I'll be the first to order Brown Rice

That's been reserved since Tim Brown and Jerry Rice played together, don't disrespect that with 2 extremely mid receivers, get a different nickname tia

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

With that contract.

The return isn't bad. But I am emotional right now.

Yeah. That stung harder than I expected. But none of this would’ve been necessary if Telesco and his band of idiots hadn’t hosed things up this bad.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
it's funny that last offseason Andy Reid started texted "rings" to free agents and it actually works

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Pron on VHS posted:

it's funny that last offseason Andy Reid started texted "rings" to the governor and it actually works

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

gently caress Britt Reid.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Pron on VHS posted:

it's funny that last offseason Andy Reid started texted "rings" to free agents and it actually works

This would be even funnier if he used emojis

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

That’s next year.

💍💍💍🍔🍔🍔

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
When I think of Hollywood Brown, I just think “another Mecole Hardman”. I haven’t paid attention to him since his rookie year but I don’t remember anything to get excited about. Someone change my mind.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

No Butt Stuff posted:

gently caress Britt Reid.

gently caress Mike Parsons especially. Dude pardoned Britt Reid without anyone asking him to conveniently after the Chiefs won a 2nd Super Bowl in a row. Dude is a total loving rear end in a top hat and created a situation that reeks of impropriety

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ort posted:

When I think of Hollywood Brown, I just think “another Mecole Hardman”. I haven’t paid attention to him since his rookie year but I don’t remember anything to get excited about. Someone change my mind.

Hollywood can get separation and catch the ball so much so he was a productive wr on the Greg Roman offense Ravens. He should be real nice in this offense where he's like the 3rd option

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.

Metapod posted:

catch the ball

You’ve done the job well, I’m in. He is a speed guy? Or more of an over the middle guy?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ort posted:

You’ve done the job well, I’m in. He is a speed guy? Or more of an over the middle guy?

Hes a tiny speed guy

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Isn't Hollywood Brown named after Hollywood, Florida? Or am I just totally inventing that

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

kiimo posted:

Isn't Hollywood Brown named after Hollywood, Florida? Or am I just totally inventing that

He's named after Doc Hollywood, his parents were huge Michael J Fox fans

vvvv LIES

Black Sunshine fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Mar 16, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

kiimo posted:

Yes, he’s from Hollywood and went to high school there too (As opposed to some of the big football factory high schools down here like St. Thomas).